No Chance part 2

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 07:04 PM']We are hearing all about how great Palmer and both Johnsons will be and I expect the same results as usual.
[right][post="110290"][/post][/right][/quote]
Did you just compare Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, and Carson Palmer to Akili Smith, Carl Pickens and Kijana Carter?

Ok I'm pretty sure you don't watch football......

1. Rudi Johnson ran for 1400 yards, AND made the pro bowl in his first year as a starter. So........ how does he compare to those bums?

2. Chad Johnson has averaged 1200 yards recieving, and 8 touchdowns a year the past three years, and he also is a pro bowler.

3. Carson Palmer struggled early in the season, but kicked ass the second half of the season. Akili Smith never once kicked ass the entire four years he was here.

How does the team not making the play-offs in the 90's, affect this team in 2005....... survey says: IT DOESN'T JACKASS! The Patriots of the 80's were shit, the Buccaneers were shit since the 70's, the Rams were horrible, etc. etc. etc. Past failure does not translate into future failure.

So...................... until you get a clue, why don't you just:
[img]http://josh.middlepath.com/meanjon/stfupoint.gif[/img]

:)

Guest The Carson Show

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='Jul 3 2005, 06:18 PM']Did you just compare Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, and Carson Palmer to Akili Smith, Carl Pickens and Kijana Carter?

Ok I'm pretty sure you don't watch football......

1. Rudi Johnson ran for 1400 yards, AND made the pro bowl in his first year as a starter. So........ how does he compare to those bums?

2. Chad Johnson has averaged 1200 yards recieving, and 8 touchdowns a year the past three years, and he also is a pro bowler.

3. Carson Palmer struggled early in the season, but kicked ass the second half of the season. Akili Smith never once kicked ass the entire four years he was here.

How does the team not making the play-offs in the 90's, affect this team in 2005....... survey says: IT DOESN'T JACKASS! The Patriots of the 80's were shit, the Buccaneers were shit since the 70's, the Rams were horrible, etc. etc. etc. Past failure does not translate into future failure.

So...................... until you get a clue, why don't you just:
[img]http://josh.middlepath.com/meanjon/stfupoint.gif[/img]

:)
[right][post="110291"][/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 07:04 PM']What sorry ass franchise can’t even build a new stadium right-THE BUTTHOLES

[right][post="110290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Well I'm pretty sure that the people building the stadium weren't the players, so why even post this? How does this prove the Bengals are going to suck this year? I could post hundreds of pictures depicting the hill jack, beer drinking, wife beating Cleveland fans throwing shit on the field, but that doesn't prove the team sucks. I could however, post the Clowns roster, which would most definitely prove they suck.

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 07:04 PM']What sorry ass franchise will sue there fans to get them to buy tickets –THE BUTTHOLES
[right][post="110290"][/post][/right][/quote]
What kind of franchise leaves the city after 40 years and wins a super bowl in another city :D

Oh and get your facts straight, the franchise does not have a law suit against every single citizen of Cincy. Some dumb bitch decided to try to make money by suing the franchise, something none of us are proud of. Can you explain to me how this proves the Bengals will not be good this year?

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 06:04 PM']You can get off your high horse about the bungles win with NE.That game was a fluke. Scintillating. Marvin Lewis is building the next dynasty to follow the Patsies. The road to the SB has always run through Cincy.

We hear the bungles talk about how they are on the verge of being a successful team every year. We heard it with Blake and Pickens and kiJana, no results, we heard all about how PeeWee Warick and Akili Smith and one of them couldnt even cut it in the NFL this year. We are hearing all about how great Palmer and both Johnsons will be and I expect the same results as usual.

All I have heard for this new season from you guys is the buttholes are gonna kill the Browns, they are the team to watch this year. Well guess what? We all heard the same thing last year, we smoked you one game,played you pretty well the second and you ended up with same record as the year before,until you actually prove they can win more than 8 games.

What sorry ass franchise will sue there fans to get them to buy tickets –THE BUTTHOLES

What sorry ass franchise can’t even build a new stadium right-THE BUTTHOLES

One of your super duper fans said in this thread,”we have respect for the stoolers and ratbirds” NEWS FLASH…They both own your sorry ass team on the field year after year,so I guess they don’t need you 14 YEARS OF LOSING  to gain respect.MOST all you chumps are fair weather fans anyway.

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS MORE THE YOUR FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL TEAM ARE YOU GUYS.YOU GUYS TALK SO MUCH SHIT,BUT YOUR RECORD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!!

SORRY THE LAST 2 YEARS AVERAGE LOSERS,ONE OF WHICH WE KICKED YOUR SORRY ASSES OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.SOON YOU WILL GO BACK TO BEING TOTAL LOSERS.
[right][post="110290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you didnt kick us out of the playoffs, if we beat you, we still wouldnt have made it...

and you really cant spell..

Why not just make this really simple

QB- Carson Palmer > Trent Dilfer
RB- Rudi Johnson > All three of your backs
WR Chad Johnson > Antonio Bryant
WR T.J Houshmanzadeh > Andre Davis
WR Peter Warrick > Dennis Northcutt
WR Kelly Washington > whoever the hell your 5th reciever is. Braylon's a rookie so we don't know how good he'll be yet
Our Offensive Line > Your Offensive Line
Our Defensive Line > Your Defensive Line
Our Linebackers > Your Linebackers
Our Secondary > Your Secondary
Even our Kicker > Your Kicker

Do I need to bring in the stats to prove it as well? The only thing you got on us is the TE position. Thats it. Unfortunately your TE's aren't going to be able to make up for the fact that we own you at every position. Thats not being a homer. Ask a fan of a team other than the bengals or browns who's better. None of them will say the browns. Most of them will probably laugh at you for even asking a ridiculous question like that since it's obvious we're in a different league than you. And stop bringing up the "we havent had a winning season in 15 years" bullshit. That doesnt mean anything now. Winning teams arent decided by what they did the past 15 years dumbass. If that was the case bad teams would never improve and the same teams would be in the playoffs every year. But there is this fancy this called improvement that teams like us are doing right now in the present. And this "improvement" thing which you seem unfamiliar with is what will get us to the playoffs this year. The thing is you love living in the past so much, I'd rather live in the present. And presently, we own you. But I'll do you a little favor, I'll go back to the very recent past. And in that very recent past you were 4-12. We were 8-8. That means we were much better than you in case you couldnt tell from the fact that our win total was double yours. Thats about as far back as I like to go because living in the past is pointless since it doesnt have any affect on what will happen in the present. Thats where this "improvement" thing comes in to play.

And to further piss you off, I will now show you why Droughns is overrated, and guru Savage made a flub in trading for him.

- first off, he played for Denver. They have the best offensive line scheme in the NFL. Scrubs flourish there.

- first impression on the Browns was him holding out for more cash, wow I'd love to block for this guy.

- 2 other runningbacks were here first, and have dibs on the starting job already

- before he was given a chance to start in Denver, his career ypc was 2.4

- Clinton Portis, who obviously is more talented than Droughns, rushed for 200 yards less in his 1st season with the Skins, and he averaged a whole 2 yards per carry less in Washington than he did in Denver! AND he had 9 less touchdowns. Washingtons O-Line > Clevelands O-Line, Portis > Droughns

- The games he rushed for 100 yards, were against Carolina (17th ranked rush D), Oakland twice (22nd), Cincy (26th), Houston (13th), and New Orleans (30th)

- Games he was stuffed cold:
Atlanta (9th) - 15 carries 49 yards
San Diego (3rd) - 14 carries 38 yards
Miami (31st) - 18 carries 62 yards
Tampa Bay (19th) 8 carries 20 yards
Indianapolis (24th) 8 carries 29 yards

The level of competition he had was weak last year. This year he has to face the Steelers (1st) and Ravens (8th) twice, Jacksonville (11th) and a pretty good Detroit D (15th) and Green Bay D (14th). He best step up this year (he won't)

[quote name='chad7elevenjohnson' date='Jul 3 2005, 10:25 PM']Why not just make this really simple

QB- Carson Palmer > Trent Dilfer
RB- Rudi Johnson > All three of your backs
WR Chad Johnson > Antonio Bryant
WR T.J Houshmanzadeh > Andre Davis
WR Peter Warrick > Dennis Northcutt
WR Kelly Washington > whoever the hell your 5th reciever is. Braylon's a rookie so we don't know how good he'll be yet
Our Offensive Line > Your Offensive Line
Our Defensive Line > Your Defensive Line
Our Linebackers > Your Linebackers
Our Secondary > Your Secondary
Even our Kicker > Your Kicker
[right][post="110330"][/post][/right][/quote]

You missed this one...

Our waterboy > their waterboy.

:P

You guys are too stupid to get me pissed off.RC is rebuilding are team,so comparing them now is pretty stupid like most of your comments.Lets compare the team after you lose a playoff spot again this year,and after the draft.

YOU GUYS haven't gone better than 8-8 since the glory days of Hair Bands, Members Only jackets and George Bush Senior,an your fans think of message boards as support groups.

Hey guys let's take a quick look back at your at 2003.............LOSERS!!!!!!!!

CINCINNATI -- Rookie Lee Suggs ran for 186 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, leading the Cleveland Browns to a 22-14 victory that eliminated the Cincinnati Bengals from playoff contention. A renaissance season ended in a gut-wrenching disappointment for the Bengals (8-8), who reverted to form(LOSERS) in their biggest game in 13 years With a chance to stay in contention for at least a few more hours and clinch their first winning record since 1990, Cincinnati felt the enormity of the moment and froze up.

13 years of being losers,but in 2004.CAME UP SHORT AGAIN!!!!!!!At least the local churches helped your team out in the 2004 season.I’m sure it helped when church times changed to 1pm over there so they could cut down on the number of depressed fans drinking depressants BEFORE 4pm.

Heres the part were you defend your 8-8 seasons.It only took 12 years to play average.
Let's take a look at your winning record

1991 3-13
1992 5-11
1993 3-13
1994 3-13
1995 7-9
1996 8-8 (started 1-6)
1997 7-9
1998 3-13
1999 4-12
2000 4-12
2001 6-10
2002 2-14 (you've earned bragging rights here)
2003 8-8(playoff chances crushed by Browns)
2004 8-8

We lost are team,then it was tore apart by BLOTCH DAVIS,but we still made it back into the playoffs before you…guys did.So if are team sucked that bad in the last few years,that makes you buttholes even worse.

The Cincinnati Bengals repeatedly misled Hamilton County officials about the team's profits during negotiations to build a new stadium at taxpayer expense, a top county lawyer claimed Tuesday.

Attorney James Harper said in a sworn statement that team financial records show the Bengals' annual profits consistently ranked in the top half of the National Football League before the county built Paul Brown Stadium.

Harper said the Bengals did not share those financial records during negotiations in the mid-1990s and instead told county officials the team required a new stadium to remain economically viable.

He said more recent records show that the team has used additional profits generated from the stadium to enhance the value of the team for its shareholders - not to keep the team viable.

Harper's comments were filed in federal court Tuesday in support of the county's federal antitrust lawsuit against the team and the NFL.

"I believe that the Bengals' representations regarding their financial status during negotiations were misleading," Harper, the county's lead lawyer in negotiations, said in his statement.

"Had I known the Bengals' profitability prior to negotiations," Harper said, "I would have advised the county administrator and the board of county commissioners to make fewer financial concessions to the Bengals."

His statement marks the first time a county official has publicly discussed the Bengals' confidential financial records, which the county obtained while pursuing its lawsuit.

County officials have accused the team of using the league's monopoly power to force a new stadium and favorable lease terms from the county. Team officials have denied the charges and have said the $450 million stadium was necessary to put the team on sound financial footing.

"The whole issue is what the Bengals knew and what the county knew during negotiations," said Stan Chesley, the county's lawyer in the case.

He said he could not discuss Harper's statement further because the Bengals' financial records remain sealed under a court order. The records may be discussed in more detail today at a hearing.

The hearing will be before U.S. District Judge S. Arthur Spiegel.

Bengals lawyer Stuart Dornette said he would address Harper's claims in court today.

But he cited previous comments from team officials in which they said they negotiated in good faith with the county.

Earlier this year, Bengals vice president Troy Blackburn said figures the county might consider "profits" are misleading because those figures fail to subtract taxes, player signing bonuses and other multimillion-dollar expenses.

Blackburn, who could not be reached Tuesday, also has said that the team had about $1 million to show for five years of operations prior to construction of the stadium.

Without the new stadium, he said, the Bengals would not have remained financially competitive or viable in the NFL.

Harper did not immediately return a phone call Tuesday evening. But in his sworn statement, he said the Bengals had repeatedly told county officials a new stadium was critical to the team's survival in Cincinnati.

"On every issue the Bengals came back to the point that they were in a small market, were economically disadvantaged, and needed a certain provision to be economically viable in Cincinnati," Harper said.

He said county negotiators asked to see the Bengals' financial records during negotiations but "were not able to obtain them."

Both the county and the Bengals are asking Spiegel for summary judgment - an immediate ruling in their favor.

While the judge is expected to hear arguments today, a ruling is not immediately expected.

The county is seeking to recover damages from the team and the NFL of $600 million or more.

The Bengals have filed their own lawsuit against the county, seeking $30 million worth of stadium improvements and cash to cover repairs of alleged shoddy work on Paul Brown Stadium.

Earlier this week, the team filed court papers outlining its concerns about the stadium construction.

An architectural firm hired by the team concluded that the county's contractors did not pour concrete, construct support columns or build escalators in a "good and workmanlike manner."

County officials dispute the claim, saying any repairs needed at the stadium are not the fault of the county and have not hurt the team or affected attendance at Bengals' games.

And don't forget.....season tickets to Paul Brown Stadium are still available.....and will be available, for that matter.

I think that it doesn't matter if the Bungels left or not, you're still a bunch of losers. Lawsuits because the team sucks, lawsuits to keep "fans" from cancelling their tickets, lawsuits because the Bungels lied about their profits....this pathetic franchise can't get any worse.

Have a team like the Bengals, no thanks, I will take the three years off and start all over every time than be a Bengals fan who sues his team because they suck.

What about the "shoddy" product that is put on the field for the last 14 soon to be 15 years? "Thats are trade mark"

Without the new stadium, he said, the Bengals would not have remained financially competitive or viable in the NFL.

Notice he said financially competative and not just competative. Even he knows the team sucks.

The Bengals have filed their own lawsuit against the county, seeking $30 million worth of stadium improvements and cash to cover repairs of alleged shoddy work on Paul Brown Stadium.

Who built this stadium? Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor?

Haha. One of my favorite things is that when Paul Brown Stadium wasn't selling out, I could watch more Browns games on local television than Bengals games in Cincinnati.

I COULD GO ON BUT YOU GUYS ARE A WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOSERS!!!!!!!!!

Guest The Carson Show
do you know the difference between ARE and OUR???
are you 8 yrs old or what because if not you might have a serious mental disability

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 10:32 PM']Sorry,I was typing fast.You guys suck so bad its easy to get caught up in pages of text.
[right][post="110366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I don't normally resort to this type of stuff, but...you're a completely deluded, romeo-tinted glasses wearing moron who tries to honestly portray the Browns as better than they really are. Get real!
I'm not schlobbing all over the Superbowl knob that some are here, but facts are facts. We have far superior offense and coaching than you do right now, with defense being the equalizer, and I'll put my money on a Lewis-run defense in his 3rd year of tooling with the roster than your first year coach which has a roster absolutely raped by poor and mismanaged draft picks over the last 5 years...and DILFER is your QB! The FORMER Cleveland Browns defense won that Superbowl, but I'm sure you'll wake up every morning with a hardon since you have a genuine SB winning QB at the helm...that hasn't had a starting job in the NFL since...

Did I hurt your whittle feelings.Don't compare Dilfer to anything related to the buttholes.At least he knows what a SB win feels like.The Browns will also rebuild and beat your sorry asses back in the playoffs again in a short time.

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 3 2005, 11:32 PM']Sorry,I was typing fast.You guys suck so bad its easy to get caught up in pages of text.
[right][post="110366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

sorry, we are educated, we requite english grammer to understand what the fuck you are saying.. we cant just let half slurred mini silibles slither through our brown teeth mumbling to pa about the waterin hole and know what the hell your talking about. jesus christ typing fast would cause a typo, not a completely wrong word every single time you say it... thats just ignorance.

[quote]Did I hurt your whittle feelings.Don't compare Dilfer to anything related to the buttholes.At least he knows what a SB win feels like.The Browns will also rebuild and beat your sorry asses back in the playoffs again in a short time.[/quote]

would you call the turds a bad team or a pathetic franchise?

...i mean considering that they HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A SUPERBOWL, while some how the lowly bengals have been there not just once, but twice... shouldnt that in itself force you to realize that your poser team is infact not the pathetic team once know as the browns but is infact an ever greater team (read: fuck-up) now only known as the turds... yea have fun with dilfer, hopefully hell get the mvp while throwing to the world reknown receiving corps of the turds

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 4 2005, 12:04 AM']Sounds like I hit a nerve.Those grammar comebacks really support your winning record.LOSERS!!!!!!!
[right][post="110381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

that didnt make sense....

A guy walks into a bar with his pet dog. The bartender said, "Sorry. No pets allowed."
The man replied, "This is a special dog. Turn on the Browns game and you'll see."
The bartender, anxious to see what will happen, turned on the game.
The guy said, "Watch. Whenever the Browns score, my dog does flips." The Browns keep scoring field goals and the dog keeps flipping and jumping.
"Wow! That's one hell of a dog you got there. What happens when the Browns score a touchdown?"
The man replied, "I don't know. I've only had him for seven years!"

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.sportsgoons.com/volume3/Vol3_Iss13/browns_new_logo.htm"]http://www.sportsgoons.com/volume3/Vol3_Is...ns_new_logo.htm[/url]

[quote]Cleveland Browns Unveil New Logo
More SportsGoons Articles About Football

Seeking to generate fan interest and excitement heading into the 2005-2006 NFL season, the Cleveland Browns yesterday unveiled a new logo that will be used on everything from game pants and jersey trim to company letterhead.

The team, which has used the color Cocoa Powder Brown as their logo since entering the league in 1946, said the transition to a new logo is meant to usher in a new era of Cleveland Browns football.

"It was time for a change," said Browns Owner Randolph Lerner. "Our logo, Cocoa Powder Brown, no longer truly reflects who we are as a franchise."

The new logo, Chocolate Sprinkles Brown, was designed by New Image Solutions of Cleveland at a cost of $23,500, said Ken Mather, media relations manager. The company said a total of 10 employees were involved in its planning and design.

“Cocoa Powder Brown was a logo that certainly served the team well for the past 50 years, but I think we were all in agreement that it needed more attitude.” said New Image Solutions Creative Director Todd Bergen. “There really wasn’t anything wrong with it. I guess it just seemed like it could be a little more hip.”

Although everyone on the design team agreed the logo needed to be more contemporary-looking, agreeing on a new look wasn’t easy.

“I like it, but I don’t love it,” said Senior Art Director Beth Givens. “Sure, I thought what they had needed to be updated, but I didn’t think we were going to make such drastic changes. I thought we would have been fine going with Smokey Topaz. Even English Saddle would have been OK. But Chocolate Sprinkles Brown?”

“I agree with Beth,” said designer Pete Wadell. “I think that when you completely overhaul a logo, there’s a real danger that you can lose the brand identity you’ve built all those years. I just hope that when this team runs out on the field, people know that they’re watching the Cleveland Browns and not some other football team. I would hate for this to not work out and have the Browns go back to the old logo."

[img]http://www.sportsgoons.com/Images/volume3/3_13/pickup_truck.gif[/img]
A bumper sticker showing the new Browns logo         

At a press unveiling yesterday, running backs Lee Suggs and William Green modeled
Browns jerseys, complete with the new logo.

“Pretty sweet,” said Suggs. “I like how the new logo is kind of edgy, you know? Like it's
not ugly and boring like the old logo. They couldn't have picked a better brown. It makes
me want to get out there and play football."

“My sister’s a designer, so I know good design when I see it,” said Green. “They could
have paid some hack 200 bucks to come up with a logo, but then they would’ve ended up
with something amateur like Warm Brownie. These guys really pushed the envelope. They
thought outside the box and came up with Chocolate Sprinkles Brown. That’s not easy.”

Greene added that he wouldn't be surprised if the Cleveland Browns lead the league in
jersey sales this year because of the new look.

According to Marketing Director Ronald Younger, the team’s slogan for the upcoming season will be “Back in Chocolate Sprinkles Brown.” During halftime of the team’s first home game, AC DC will play their hit “Back in Black”—substituting ‘chocolate sprinkles brown’ for the word ‘black’.

“I tell you what, we had just as much trouble deciding on a new slogan as we did with choosing a logo,” said Younger. “We kind of went back and forth between the one we chose and another one that said, ‘Brown. It’s More Than Just the Color of Shit’. We also came up with ‘What Can Brown Do For You?’ but it turns out that’s UPS’s slogan. So, we just went with ‘Back in Chocolate Sprinkles Brown’.”

Owner Randolph Lerner said the team will wear throwbacks jerseys containing the old logo Cocoa Powder Brown once a year.

He also announced the team will change the color of their helmets from Naval to Adventure Orange. [/quote]

Archived