Netflix Online

Lewdog

So today I signed up for the Netflix online for $8 a month streaming unlimited movies. The coolest thing I found out is, if you are on a router all the computers that link to that router can use my login and see movies at the same time as me. I think that is pretty damn awesome.

:headbang:

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1349284598' post='1165888']
I just wish it'd offer more "up to date" movies similar to what they offer via the DVD's... seems like you have to wait a year or two before its available streaming.
[/quote]

I agree the selection isn't what you would think it should be given that it is just a streaming file feed and not a bunch of hard copies. They have Smokin Aces 2, but not Smokin Aces 1. I think it has something to do with the production company. I remember not long ago that Blue ray discs were all one company and High Definition DVDs were another. Nothing is ever simple.

We had Netflix for a few months, I dropped it because everything I had in my queue kept disappearing because it was getting dropped by Netflix.

We use Amazon Prime for shopping anyway, plus you get free / cheap movies.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1349322690' post='1166083']
hulu is a nice compliment to netflix... it has the up to date tv shows, but hardly anything for movies...
[/quote]

I used to watch Hulu a lot, but it seems the more popular they got, the smaller the selection of free views became. Now they want to have you pay for Hulu Plus to see certain shows and archived episodes. Yeah that sucks.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1349362145' post='1166165']
youre paying for netflix. same thing, different content.
[/quote]

I just thought Hulu was mostly television shows. On Hulu plus do you still have to watch commercials since you are paying for it?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349362798' post='1166169']
I just thought Hulu was mostly television shows. On Hulu plus do you still have to watch commercials since you are paying for it?
[/quote]

it is mostly tv, which is what i said, they dont have much as far as movies, but i have caught up on recent seasons of shows i missed that netflix didnt have yet, etc..

there are some commercials, but i watched two seasons of the office, the first 3 episodes had commercials of one season and then none at all after that, so i think there is a limit to how many commercials they show the plus users. so many per week or month, etc..

great for recent shows, crap for movies...

i just torrent movies and use apple tv to watch on my tv's

fyi... you don't even have to be on the same network. Been using my moms account for both netflix and hulu for a while now.

Sorry netflix I cancelled you when you raised the prices on me.

An even better alternative though than hulu is apple tv and a usenet account ;)

<edit> or torrent like Go said, although usenet is def worth a $10 a month charge... My ISP shut me down twice and threatened to shut me down for good if it happened a third time. Usenet is much safer and much faster. And content isn't hard to find either, although things like audio books, ebooks, and more uncommon things are harder to find... I torrent those though. I've only gotten in trouble downloading movies.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1349322690' post='1166083']
hulu is a nice compliment to netflix... it has the up to date tv shows, but hardly anything for movies...
[/quote]

I stream netflix and use Blockbuster for Mail-To-Home DVD's. Been a great combination.

Netflix is awesome for tv shows, but as others have said is lacking in the movie department.

Archived