Debates

MichaelWeston

While I can also attest to the fact that Old is no Democrat lacky, I do have to wonder if he ever goes against any establishment. Lets see here... Did he support Mike Brown during the dark days of the Bengals? Check. Did he support Palmer while he was absolutely horrible for the Bengals? Check (He did turn on him when he quit the team but who the hell didn't). Did he support Bush and Cheney and co during the Iraq and Afghanistan run up's and then defended them through at least most of the next 6-7 years? Check.

And now Obama and Biden seem to be two or the worst leaders that I have personally seen... now he supports them? Pointing to "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]hemorrhaging finally stopped and a recovery has been happening since" (wow... really?) and "he killed Bin Laden" while completely ignoring the fact that next year the biggest tax increase in history is about to go into place and the fact that Bin Laden is dead yet Al Queda still assassinated the first Ambassador in 33 years for the US while it was being fed live through a drone and possibly even made the decision to not send in help for those at the Consulate?[/font][/color]

I tried to not make this post b/c I know Old and really like him. He and I are two of the people from JT's old board and have been through a lot. I would defend him even now against some of the attacks that he has endured from outside scumbags that have attacked him for various reasons. And i know he will attack this post like crazy.

But I am starting to see a strong pattern here. While I applaud your loyality Old, I can't help but wonder if you ever go against the grain and stand up for your values or what you see. I have been absent from the board for a few years now so if I am off base here, but I am VERY sure Old or others will point it out. But I also know him very well and I think I am on to something here.

The reason I am supporting Romney is because I think he has a much better grasp on the economy. That and I personally don't like the leadership that our President has displayed in the last 4 years. And i think that Romney will work better with the dem's than Obama can with the rep's.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351526966' post='1175391']
I don't think the R's were very willing to work with Obama. That McConnell dude who said that the #1 mission was to make sure Obama is reelected needs to be fired ASAP.
[/quote]

I agree and your right. IMO that is because of decisions he made early in his term. The phrase "f them, we have the votes" comes to mind.

<edit> with that being said, if Obama does win I hope the rep's do work with him because I think everybody is tired of the partisan politics.

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1351525404' post='1175385']
The reason I am supporting Romney is because [color=#ff0000]I think he has a much better grasp on the economy[/color]. That and I personally don't like the leadership that our President has displayed in the last 4 years. And i think that Romney will work better with the dem's than Obama can with the rep's.
[/quote]

Dont agree.

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1351520214' post='1175357']
While I can also attest to the fact that Old is no Democrat lacky, I do have to wonder if he ever goes against any establishment. Lets see here... Did he support Mike Brown during the dark days of the Bengals? Check. Did he support Palmer while he was absolutely horrible for the Bengals? Check (He did turn on him when he quit the team but who the hell didn't). Did he support Bush and Cheney and co during the Iraq and Afghanistan run up's and then defended them through at least most of the next 6-7 years? Check.

And now Obama and Biden seem to be two or the worst leaders that I have personally seen... now he supports them? Pointing to "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]hemorrhaging finally stopped and a recovery has been happening since" (wow... really?) and "he killed Bin Laden" while completely ignoring the fact that next year the biggest tax increase in history is about to go into place and the fact that Bin Laden is dead yet Al Queda still assassinated the first Ambassador in 33 years for the US while it was being fed live through a drone and possibly even made the decision to not send in help for those at the Consulate?[/font][/color]

I tried to not make this post b/c I know Old and really like him. He and I are two of the people from JT's old board and have been through a lot. I would defend him even now against some of the attacks that he has endured from outside scumbags that have attacked him for various reasons. And i know he will attack this post like crazy.

But I am starting to see a strong pattern here. While I applaud your loyality Old, I can't help but wonder if you ever go against the grain and stand up for your values or what you see. I have been absent from the board for a few years now so if I am off base here, but I am VERY sure Old or others will point it out. But I also know him very well and I think I am on to something here.
[/quote]

Actually He turned against Bush when the fucked things he was doing continued to mount. My experience with Old in the political forum has been that he calls things like he sees them regardless of affiliation. And your comparison with supporting the Bengals is not only lame but poor form.. There is a huge difference between rooting for a football team and politics. One of them doesn't actually fucking matter at all.. I'll let you decide which one that is.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=57317&st=25&p=939514&hl=+oldschooler%20+bush&#entry939514"]http://forum.go-beng...sh[/url]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Posted [/size][/font][/color]10 November 2010 - 07:12 AM:
[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There you go name calling again.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And just so you know, I take strong offense to that.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don't ever call me that again. I never called you anything.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Show the same respect. This is not a request. It is a statement.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Were any of the people that [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=yellow]Bush[/background][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] approved to be waterboarded killed?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Then what the fuck are you talking about?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]By doing this we actually SAVED American lives.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So let's recap. We didn't kill anyone. And we SAVED LIVES. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And that somehow proves that I don't value human life?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am amazed that not only 1, but 2 people gave you rep for this dumb shit.[/font][/color][/i][i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]gf[/font][/color][/i]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I think my argument has merit... Here in 2010 he was still defending Bush and Iraq along with waterboarding. Now he is completely for Obama and co. ? Would you say "calling it how he has seen it" back in 2010 when he defended waterboarding?[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]It was simply an observation that I have made and backed it up with posts... I asked for an example where he has gone against the establishment. I think its a reasonable question and/or observation. Prove me wrong.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I hope it doesn't come off in bad form because I really, really like Old. And I apologize to him if this is coming off really bad. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1351516171' post='1175353']
Dude. Unlike you, I am a generally careful composer of my words. So, while I appreciate the attempt at humor here, I would prefer it if you didn't reinterpret what I say by modifying what I say. If you want to do something like that, do it outside the quote function.

And Old, I do owe you an apology for being a prick sometimes.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll make a point of that. Just remember it's a two way street. I very seriously doubt anyone in the U.S. or the world could figure out it wasn't you that said what I quoted, but hey, if you want to be a stuffy, powder wig wearing politician, that's your choice and right to.

P.S. that was pretty nice dig you made on me in your post. Kudos, don't throw stones in your glass house.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351536748' post='1175440']
Lewdog : Homer :: Glass Joe : Mike Tyson
[/quote]

What does that make you then? Seeing as how I provided tons and tons of evidence and lies, to curtail your argument that Obama can be trusted?

It should have gone no further than to remind you that Obama is a politician.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351536264' post='1175437']
Ok, I'll make a point of that. Just remember it's a two way street. I very seriously doubt anyone in the U.S. or the world could figure out it wasn't you that said what I quoted, but hey, if you want to be a stuffy, powder wig wearing politician, that's your choice and right to.

P.S. that was pretty nice dig you made on me in your post. Kudos, don't throw stones in your glass house.
[/quote]

Okay, look. You seem like a nice enough fellow. A bit unbalanced, but decent nonetheless. What you did was interject yourself into something that had nothing to do with you. And you modified the content of my post, and thus also the meaning.

I'll illuminate some as what I am referring to occurred before you arrived on this board. There is bad blood between Oldschooler and myself. We'll never be friends and I'm sure each of us prefers it that way. In my recent post, I acknowledged that I was partly the cause of that bad blood.

Of course, when one does dirty laundry in public then public commentary is fair play. But don't change the words that come out of the proverbial horse's mouth.

Lesson? Sometimes silence is golden. My advice to you is that occasionally you should be thinking about getting rich.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1351540032' post='1175466']
Okay, look. You seem like a nice enough fellow. A bit unbalanced, but decent nonetheless. What you did was interject yourself into something that had nothing to do with you. And you modified the content of my post, and thus also the meaning.

I'll illuminate some as what I am referring to occurred before you arrived on this board. There is bad blood between Oldschooler and myself. We'll never be friends and I'm sure each of us prefers it that way. In my recent post, I acknowledged that I was partly the cause of that bad blood.

Of course, when one does dirty laundry in public then public commentary is fair play. But don't change the words that come out of the proverbial horse's mouth.

Lesson? Sometimes silence is golden. My advice to you is that occasionally you should be thinking about getting rich.
[/quote]

Well I can tell you I have known Oldschooler since roughly 2004 or 2005. I have never met him personally but we grew up in the same area and went to the same schools. We used to talk more on here than we have done lately because of differences in opinion. He knows how I like to kid around, and I remind from time to time he comes off as grumpy like, well an old man.

If I am going to get rich it will be for my movie script I have an agent pitching to people. That is unless I get hit by a government vehicle and live through it. :lol:

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351539502' post='1175458']
me = Don Flamenco

Lewdog, Romney is a politician too. You are racist or something if you don't like O'bama
[/quote]

No, I'm not trying to justify myself. You are the one that said you believed all the stuff Obama says.

I replied that I know all politicians lie. Most of the time it is over important things they put a deadline on, even though the situations can be so fluid. Never should a politician make a promise to the fragile families in this country that they are coming home. That's pretty much as unfair as the "stop loss" tactics that Bush Jr. caught hell for.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351540824' post='1175477']
No, I'm not trying to justify myself. [b]You are the one that said you believed all the stuff Obama says.[/b]

I replied that I know all politicians lie. Most of the time it is over important things they put a deadline on, even though the situations can be so fluid. Never should a politician make a promise to the fragile families in this country that they are coming home. That's pretty much as unfair as the "stop loss" tactics that Bush Jr. caught hell for.
[/quote]

Lewdog, Jesus TF Christ, I said I believed Obama's simple claim that he would remove the troops from Iraq. No strings attached.

I linked to a website that had shit tons of proof.

Where on gods green earth do you see that i said I believe everything O'bama says?

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1351525404' post='1175385']
The reason I am supporting Romney is because I think he has a much better grasp on the economy. That and I personally don't like the leadership that our President has displayed in the last 4 years. And i think that Romney will work better with the dem's than Obama can with the rep's.
[/quote]

Romney may have gotten my vote if his plan was to legitimately balance spending and start paying off debt, but I don't see how he's going to do that while cutting taxes. Even if Romney ends up being better with the economy, it seems like it's the 1% that's going to see all of that benefit anyway. Plus the social conservative side of the Republican party has worn me down.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1351548398' post='1175525']
although I'd take Dodd/Frank further than just a wind down of big banks, Id break them up.
[/quote]

I'd like for them to take that piece of legislation and just repeal it. And start over. I agree on breaking them up, re-institute Glass-Steagall, banks get smaller and "can fail" at that point. Certain aspects of Dodd-Frank make sense and the bill is well-intentioned... however, the bill is heavy-handed to the wrong people and unfairly punishes those that weren't the original problem.

Archived