The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

I think he pitched twice in the playoffs in 2010. Once at home and on the road.

:ninja:

That was awesome. Latos is a stud. How sweet would it be for Bronson to win one tonight and bring it back for Johnny to take home.

[url="https://twitter.com/redsfacts"] [b]Reds Facts[/b] ‏[s]@[/s][b]redsfacts[/b][/url]
This ump is a little friendly. [url="http://t.co/nmivDqOx"]pic.twitter.com/nmivDqOx[/url]

[url="https://twitter.com/redsfacts/status/254782663532097537/photo/1/large"][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4kre4sCMAA0Hw5.jpg[/img][/url]

:o

:lmao:

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349625854' post='1166805']
Dang I hit add reply once and it adds several post. Must of been right before board went on the fritz. Sorry 1811 was not trying to make a point.
[/quote]

ha, I figured. It's happened to quite a few people this weekend.

RE: The Cueto injury.. I think Dusty played it absolutely perfectly.. He brought in LeCure to hold down the fort so that Latos could go through his normal warmup routine rather than trying to do the quick warmup that Sam had to do.. That would just put Latos at risk for injury as well.

On top of that if you get a chance, go back and watch Dusty's demeanor in the bench as he interacts with the players.. Not a hint of worry or stress on his face. People may want to quibble with his decisions. But I think Dusty is one hell of a manager.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1349627919' post='1166816']
Had to DVR it as I had a bachlor party to go to and my DVR cut off in the middle of the 9th.

Thank God Queto isnt serious and hopefully should be able to pitch Game 3.
[/quote]

Man you need to work on your priorities, or learn how to multi-task. If you are going to go to a Bachelor party make sure there is a tv tuned to the game there.

So is the Blue Oyster the same as it was back during Police Academy?

:466: :gayfight2:

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1349627937' post='1166817']
RE: The Cueto injury.. I think Dusty played it absolutely perfectly.. He brought in LeCure to hold down the fort so that Latos could go through his normal warmup routine rather than trying to do the quick warmup that Sam had to do.. That would just put Latos at risk for injury as well.

On top of that if you get a chance, go back and watch Dusty's demeanor in the bench as he interacts with the players.. Not a hint of worry or stress on his face. People may want to quibble with his decisions. But I think Dusty is one hell of a manager.
[/quote]

X2 handled it perfect. Win tonight and we will be in awesome position!

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349629267' post='1166823']
Man you need to work on your priorities, or learn how to multi-task. If you are going to go to a Bachelor party make sure there is a tv tuned to the game there.

So is the Blue Oyster the same as it was back during Police Academy?

:466: :gayfight2:
[/quote]

:glare:

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/CSNBaggs"][b]Andrew Baggarly[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]CSNBaggs[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23Reds&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Reds[/b][/url] game notes listing Homer Bailey as Game 3 starter. All else TBA beyond today, at least officially.[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1349627937' post='1166817']

[/quote]

I agree he played it great but I read something else that was intriguing.... I'm not great on the rules so perhaps this is wrong. Theoretically they could have put Latos out in the first and he would be allowed to take as long as he needs to warm up due to the injury. That effectively would take Cain out of the game also by having such a long delay.

Interesting to think about, but I'm guessing there has to be some rule preventing this as teams could do it often to take out another teams ace.

edit....
after posting I decided to look it up

[quote][b]8.03[/b]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]When a pitcher takes his position at the beginning of each inning, or when he relieves another pitcher, he shall be permitted to pitch not to exceed eight preparatory pitches to his catcher during which play shall be suspended. A league by its own action may limit the number of preparatory pitches to less than eight preparatory pitches. Such preparatory pitches shall not consume more than one minute of time. [b]If a sudden emergency causes a pitcher to be summoned into the game without any opportunity to warm up, the umpire-in-chief shall allow him as many pitches as the umpire deems necessary[/b].[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

So it's the umps call to decide how long you get, so if he thinks you're playing games he'd end your warmup.

Let me first say I made the argument to bring Latos in right after Cueto left. It only makes sense because Latos was just doing the clip board anyways. The Reds would just push up everyone's starts instead of killing their bullpen. With that said, the announcers, who were piss poor in my opinion, kept saying that the replacement pitcher could have as many pitches as he wanted to get warm.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1349647671' post='1167718']

I agree he played it great but I read something else that was intriguing.... I'm not great on the rules so perhaps this is wrong. Theoretically they could have put Latos out in the first and he would be allowed to take as long as he needs to warm up due to the injury. That effectively would take Cain out of the game also by having such a long delay.

Interesting to think about, but I'm guessing there has to be some rule preventing this as teams could do it often to take out another teams ace.

edit....
after posting I decided to look it up

So it's the umps call to decide how long you get, so if he thinks you're playing games he'd end your warmup.
[/quote]

Well they basically did that with lecure anyway. The umps gave lecure as much time as he wanted.

Here is the substitution rule regarding a injured starting pitcher..

[quote]
[b] Injury[/b][list]
[*]If a player comes off the bench to replace a position player that has been injured during the course of play, that replacement is allowed as many as five warm-up throws. In the event a pitcher is injured during a game and has to come out unexpectedly, [b]the substitute pitcher is allowed as many pitches to warm up as the umpire feels is appropriate[/b], rather then the standard eight which are given under normal circumstances for a new pitcher coming into the game.
[/list]
[/quote]

As you can see the rule is not "as many pitches as he wants". A starting pitcher goes through a much lengthier warmup process than reliever. In this situation it makes more sense to bring in LeCure who is used to the quicker warmup process of a reliever rather than bring Latos in and have the Ump pressure him to hurry the warmup.

Archived