The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1349664811' post='1167861']
Heh, not only did Stubbs beat that throw, but the Giant SS pulled his foot off 2nd before he caught it from the 2Bman - technically both runners should've been safe.

But at least Stubbs' speediness allowed Arroyo to bat - back to the top of the lineup in the 5th.
[/quote]

That happens all the time. The umps allow the SS to cheat a little bit to protect themselves from the runner sliding in.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1349664811' post='1167861']
Heh, not only did Stubbs beat that throw, but the Giant SS pulled his foot off 2nd before he caught it from the 2Bman - technically both runners should've been safe.

But at least Stubbs' speediness allowed Arroyo to bat - back to the top of the lineup in the 5th.
[/quote]

Did you see how early the runner on that play slid into second base? I'm not one to say I'd take a baseball to the face, but shouldn't you at least look like you are sliding into second base.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349670726' post='1167913']

Excellent outing by Arroyo tonight.
[/quote]
In my mind, it's the best outing by Arroyo I have ever seen. I have never seen him have such command and movement on his pitches like we saw tonight. Dude was ridiculous. He has never pitched better wearing a Reds uniform.

Archived