The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1349984599' post='1168934']

I understand the thinking behind it but you have to protect the runners somewhat.

Hanigan looked like he had no idea the runners were going. If Dusty was that worried about getting the runners over put the hit and run on. Don't do a straight steal of third IMO
[/quote]

It was not a straight steal. Dusty was expecting Hanigan to swing the bat to protect the runners. Hanigan just failed in the situation.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349985057' post='1168937']
It was not a straight steal. Dusty was expecting Hanigan to swing the bat to protect the runners. Hanigan just failed in the situation.
[/quote]

Can't take the chance on expecting the player to do something. Call the play so you know exactly what to do

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1349985156' post='1168938']

Can't take the chance on expecting the player to do something. Call the play so you know exactly what to do
[/quote]

I am not the biggest Dusty fan but this is not on him. Hanigan has to know the situation and get the job done. If the runners are going or not, you can not take a pitch that close that late in the game. It the runners are going its common knowledge that the hitter must swing. Hanigan just flat out screwed up.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349985689' post='1168946']
I am not the biggest Dusty fan but this is not on him. Hanigan has to know the situation and get the job done. If the runners are going or not, you can not take a pitch that close that late in the game. It the runners are going its common knowledge that the hitter must swing. Hanigan just flat out screwed up.
[/quote]

I just can't agree with betting what is possibly your season on hoping a guy swings.

I'm protecting the runners in that situation.

Yes he should have swung, but he didn't and it cost them big time. Putting a play on at least guarantees a swing a protects the runners.

This will go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of baseball. Not only were the Reds up two games to zero, after winning the first two games of the series on the road, they lose the series on three straight games at home. In game 3 the Bengals had the chance to clinch the series and instead lost in extra innings thanks to an error by multiple gold glove winner Rolan. Not to mention a Red's defense which is one of the top defensive clubs in the majors. A National League team has NEVER lost a 5 game series after leading 2-0, until now.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349987928' post='1168962']
This will go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of baseball. Not only were the Reds up two games to zero, after winning the first two games of the series on the road, they lose the series on three straight games at home. In game 3 the Bengals had the chance to clinch the series and instead lost in extra innings thanks to an error by multiple gold glove winner Rolan. Not to mention a Red's defense which is one of the top defensive clubs in the majors. [color=#ff0000] A National League team has NEVER lost a 5 game series after leading 2-0, until now.[/color]
[/quote]

That was the other thing I was going to mention.

If any city was going to do it...

Archived