The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

Rolen won't be back next year. Frazier will replace him. Not sure if Ludwick will be back or not, they never seems to give Heisey a shot. I'm not even sure if Stubbs will be back. I wish they could get a catcher that can hit. Arroyo might not be back, and Chapman will be the closer from the start of the year in 2013.

Stubbs has to go. He just can not hit.

Rolen might be back for 1 more but Frazier must start next year.

Mesoraco needs to step it up too. He showed nothing this year.

I'm frankly embarrassed by the play at home. Completely uninspired.

Choked away an excellent shot at a ring.

Some of the problems have to go on Dusty too. I can't really point out any decisions he made that were great. In fact wasn't he the one that wanted Chapman to stay a starter while Jocketty wanted him as closer? I know there is a lot of hindsight but with the bullpen being as strong as it has all year, why didn't Dusty pull Latos for a more favorable match up against Posey?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349990600' post='1168990']
Some of the problems have to go on Dusty too. I can't really point out any decisions he made that were great. In fact wasn't he the one that wanted Chapman to stay a starter while Jocketty wanted him as closer? I know there is a lot of hindsight but with the bullpen being as strong as it has all year, why didn't Dusty pull Latos for a more favorable match up against Posey?
[/quote]

Making Champman a starter was a good idea until Madson got hurt. Champman was doing really good in spring training as a starter. He will probably be a starter next year.

I do think Dusty needs to take some blame for sticking with Rolen. Frazier needed to start today.

This sucks. I feel kind of dead inside after this one. So exciting after what this team had done this year, then we get 8 pitches out of Cueto and we choke down the stretch. It feels like the Pittsburgh/Bengals playoff game all over again.

One passed ball, one error, one pitch. It all really stings.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1349990967' post='1168994']
This sucks. I feel kind of dead inside after this one. So exciting after what this team had done this year, then we get 8 pitches out of Cueto and we choke down the stretch. It feels like the Pittsburgh/Bengals playoff game all over again.

One passed ball, one error, one pitch. It all really stings.
[/quote]

Yea this really sucks. This was the year to win it all.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1349990098' post='1168984']
This season was fun but still an abject failure....

I am a cunt hair away from swearing off sports... Just too fucking disappointing rooting for Cincinnati teams.
[/quote]

I feel ya.

Aside from 1990 it's been 30 years of misery and disappointment...

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349991055' post='1168995']
Yea this really sucks. This was the year to win it all.
[/quote]

Yep.. Yet another opportunity flushed away by another Cincinnati sports team. The fucking ineptitude of it all is maddening.. The first team to ever choke away a 2-0 NLDS series lead... EVER..

Yet another shitty first for Cincinnati sports!

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1349991251' post='1168999']
Yep.. Yet another opportunity flushed away by another Cincinnati sports team. The fucking ineptitude of it all is maddening.. The first team to ever choke away a 2 -0 NLDS series lead... EVER..

Yet another shitty first for Cincinnati sports!
[/quote]

And yet like battered spouses we'll be back next year...

As bad as it feels right now, it still doesn't sting as bad as the strike year when the roster was stacked, pitching was a beast, and Larkin was working towards a an MVP season. I believe the Reds had the best record in baseball before the strike, and simulators had the Reds beating the Yankees in the World Series.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1349991414' post='1169002']
And yet like battered spouses we'll be back next year...
[/quote]
Isn't that the truth.

At least the future looks bright.

*Where did I hear that before* Oh wait, that's right, after the 2005 Bengals playoff game.

I think I'm going to go have a panic attack.

Im not going to say too much, too much that would come out would be anger of these last 3 days. I was at all three games by the way, fans were pretty great. Thats about the only thing to apperciate.

Just very, very disappointed and honestly sad. I really wanted to see this team go far, this one really, really hurts.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1349992782' post='1169014']
As a Cincinnati fan did anyone really think we were going to the World Series really lol

We're used to this and should just move on.
[/quote]

How are the Indians doing so far in the playoffs?

:ninja:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1349990263' post='1168986']
There is always next year
[/quote]
The mantra of the Cincinnati fan.

Anyway:

totally winnable game, but you can't win when you strand 1,341 baserunners.
Losing Cueto sucked balls
should have won game 3 with Bailey's awesome pitching
Dusty with questionable decisions (leaving Stubbs in to bat in the 6th, the shitty hit and run with Hannigan on a full count)
Rolen was yet another in a long line of Dusty Baker man-crushes (Corey Patterson, anyone?) where he'd just keep trotting him out there when Todd Frazier was clearly better in every respect
Offense extremely inconsistent
Votto clearly not his old self
Chapman should have pitched more, and earlier (like right after they pulled Latos, to face Posey)

Fuck. This sucks. The Bengals better beat the Browns on Sunday or this place will be on suicide watch!

I seriously have not been this upset since Carson got his knee destroyed. Actually this is worse in many ways because without real revenue sharing and or at the least a salary cap, fans of small market teams like the Reds have to hope to catch lightning in a bottle every decade or so, before losing their best players to the big markets.

I got the feeling that they were really swinging for the fences when the signed Brandon and Votto to those big contracts, and it makes you wonder how big this window is.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1349993455' post='1169019']
I seriously have not been this upset since Carson got his knee destroyed. Actually this is worse in many ways because without real revenue sharing and or at the least a salary cap, fans of small market teams like the Reds have to hope to catch lightning in a bottle every decade or so, before losing their best players to the big markets.

I got the feeling that they were really swinging for the fences when the signed Brandon and Votto to those big contracts, and it makes you wonder how big this window is.
[/quote]

We've got most of our best players locked up for at least another year or two. I am wondering about the contract statuses of Bailey, Bruce, Chapman, Cozart and Frazier.

Archived