The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1350012916' post='1169140']
You all are crazy. There's absolutely no chance we bring Hamilton and his hidden bag of coke back here. Not for what he's going to ask. Not worth it.
[/quote]

No one is talking about Josh. Everyone is talking about Billy Hamilton.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350013024' post='1169142']
No one is talking about Josh. Everyone is talking about Billy Hamilton.
[/quote]

Wait...whut? Billy is in our farm system....and is unproven at any level other than AA,,,he will be super cheap at the outset, and I am pretty sure at least [b]Lewdog[/b] mentioned re-signing Josh since he is a free agent, along with his Jesus and his coke. I KNOW I AM NOT CRAZY!!!

:lol:

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350012843' post='1169138']
I was just making argument for Melky cause the points you were making were inncorrect. I also never brought up the idea.

He would be a good addition and much needed one but at they end of the day he probably won't be a Red.
[/quote]

Besides getting the 100 game suspension wrong and skipping to the life time ban, everything else was mere opinion and not facts. So I would really categorize them as 'points.' If I was going to categorize it as anything, I would call it mistaken. It was would be something totally different if there was no life time ban at all. Just saying...

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1350013171' post='1169144']

Wait...whut? Billy is in our farm system....and is unproven at any level other than AA,,,he will be super cheap at the outset, and I am pretty sure at least [b]Lewdog[/b] mentioned re-signing Josh since he is a free agent, along with his Jesus and his coke. I KNOW I AM NOT CRAZY!!!

:lol:
[/quote]

Yep looks like Lewdog mentioned him. Did not realize that. My bad.

I was just talking about the Reds moving Hamilton to CF and probably not being ready till 2014.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350013522' post='1169152']
Yep looks like Lewdog mentioned him. Did not realize that. My bad.

I was just talking about the Reds moving Hamilton to CF and probably not being ready till 2014.
[/quote]

Yes! The mark of a Cincinnati sports fan: "Wait until next year".

:(

Disappointing way to end the season, but the future is very bright. Our best players are either under control due to YOS or locked up long term. Cozart and Frazier should progress next year. Looks like Homer is starting to blossom, and Mat should keep getting better as well.

Stick with Leake and leave Chapman as the closer. Chapman is dominant in the role, and there's no reason to give up on Leake so soon.

Reds have a really solid 1-4 with Cueto/Latos/Bailey/Arroyo.

IMO Chapman is more valuable as the closer than adding to an already solid rotation.

Besides, Chapman can't be a starter until he learns to keep runners from stealing on him.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350050715' post='1169264']
I think we may have seen the last of Arroyo in a starter role. I can see them moving him into long relief or getting rid of him altogether because of his salary.
[/quote]

his contract's guaranteed, and they're not likely to find anyone to take it on. Besides, he's coming off probably the 2nd best year of his 13yr career.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350052727' post='1169273']
his contract's guaranteed, and they're not likely to find anyone to take it on. Besides, he's coming off probably the 2nd best year of his 13yr career.
[/quote]

The only reason he won so many games this year was because of the run support he had, versus a guy like Leake who got horrible run support. Arroyo is good for one or more homeruns a game at Great American Ballpark. He is a flyball pitcher and that is not going to change. He needs to be pitching in places like San Diego or Seattle. I like the guy and he has definitely been the best of the trade for Willy Mo Pena. I just think it is about time to move on. He would definitely be a high priced long reliever, but the Reds need to continually get younger.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350103288' post='1169540']
Screw the Cards!! Down 6-0 and come back to score 4 in the 9th to win. I wish the Reds could have pulled that off.
[/quote]
I know it seems the Cards always get the hit/runs when they need them. It full on melt down here in DC, some jokers are blaming Strausberg, not the bullpen that couldn't shut it down. If anyone is interested in listening to the melt down it's here [url="http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/1067-the-fan"]http://betaplayer.ra...er/1067-the-fan[/url].

Screw the Cards!! Down 6-0 and come back to score 4 in the 9th to win. I wish the Reds could have pulled that off.
[/quote]

It's hard for me to accept that the Reds are sitting home while the Cards are still playing.

I don't know if that's a World I want to live in ...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1350130206' post='1169551']
It's hard for me to accept that the Reds are sitting home while the Cards are still playing.

I don't know if that's a World I want to live in ...
[/quote]

What an awful thing to wake up to!

[/quote]

[attachment=1040:480814_3741090534830_590688511_n.jpg]

This makes me just sick to my stomach. On Sportscenter they showed highlights from the Yankees and Tigers games where Jeter broke his ankle. Obviously he is done for the season. I would maybe feel bad for the guy, but he has played in [b]158[/b] career playoff games. WTF! He has almost played an entire regular season worth of playoff games. Yankees fans are some spoiled mofo's.

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1350109831' post='1169543']
I know it seems the Cards always get the hit/runs when they need them. It full on melt down here in DC, some jokers are blaming Strausberg, not the bullpen that couldn't shut it down. If anyone is interested in listening to the melt down it's here [url="http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/1067-the-fan"]http://betaplayer.ra...er/1067-the-fan[/url].
[/quote]

Paul, I am presuming you live in the DC area.

It seems anyone that actually lives in the DC area had no issues w/Straburg being shut down. Yes, he would have started this game, but the same result could have happened.

I chalk up Friday night to experience and laying off the gas. St. Louis is the defending champs, they weren't going to give up, and 6-0 is nothing in baseball that early in a game.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1350323702' post='1171005']
Paul, I am presuming you live in the DC area.

It seems anyone that actually lives in the DC area had no issues w/Straburg being shut down. Yes, he would have started this game, but the same result could have happened.

I chalk up Friday night to experience and laying off the gas. St. Louis is the defending champs, they weren't going to give up, and [color=#ff0000]6-0 is nothing in baseball that early in a game.[/color]
[/quote]

unless youre the reds

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister"][b]Lance McAlister[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]LanceMcAlister[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
CBS: Ludwick will decline $5M option, [url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Reds&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Reds[/b][/url] still interested[url="http://t.co/JMqsylJW"][size=1]http://www.[/size]cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-h[size=1]eyman/20580639/ludwick-will-turn-down-5m-option-but-reds-still-hope-to-sign-him-back[/size][size=1] [/size]…[/url][/background][/font][/color]

Archived