Miami Heat Roster

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350957224' post='1173893']

Actually, LeBron came out and said he wants to go back to Cleveland and bring a championship to the Cavs. I'm not sure that the owner of the Cavs would take him back. You really think a rookie could win MVP? I can't remember off hand, has anyone ever done that before? Maybe Magic? That's about the only guy I can think of.

Nevermind, I looked it up:

That's a long time ago, but both guys were great players.
[/quote]

Irving is not a rookie. There is no way he will win MVP this year. Not enough talent around him. It's going to be tough to beat either James or Durant for MVP.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350957759' post='1173895']
Irving is not a rookie. There is no way he will win MVP this year. Not enough talent around him. It's going to be tough to beat either James or Durant for MVP.
[/quote]

From what I have heard this year, this was perhaps LeBron's best all around season. I really thought this was Irvings rookie year. I'm losing my memory! :1018:

There are some guys that have totally flopped compared to how good they were expected to be. O.J. Mayo and Michael Beasley should be averaging more than 20 points per game, instead they average about half that.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350958178' post='1173897']

From what I have heard this year, this was perhaps LeBron's best all around season. I really thought this was Irvings rookie year. I'm losing my memory! :1018:

There are some guys that have totally flopped compared to how good they were expected to be. O.J. Mayo and Michael Beasley should be averaging more than 20 points per game, instead they average about half that.
[/quote]

Irving plays in Clevland and its really easy to forget what's going on in Clevland because no one really cares.

So what do you guys think about Rose coming back this year from injury? Will he still have the quickness and agility he had before?

I think it will be hard for anyone to knock Anthony Davis out of RoY. Davis is with the Hornets, and he will be the go to guy for scoring since Paul left town. John Henson for the Bucks look like the best value pick. Harrison Barnes and Jeremy Lamb will be competing for biggest disappointment in my mind. Lamb seemed to disappear in games for large portions of time at UConn.

Henson is a giant turd. He will be what Ed Davis was for Toronto.

Davis isn't a scoring threat. Austin Rivers and Eric Gordon will be the go-to guys on that team. I think Austin's game is perfect for the NBA. He is very good breaking guys off on the dribble. I had a hard time deciding between Austin and Kyle for ROY, but ultimately, Kyle is a warrior and played a lot of good ball in Spain last year. Detroit got a steal. Can't wait til he goes wherever Kyrie, Lebron, and Dwight go and make a super-duper team.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1350959487' post='1173908']
Henson is a giant turd. He will be what Ed Davis was for Toronto.

Davis isn't a scoring threat. Austin Rivers and Eric Gordon will be the go-to guys on that team. I think Austin's game is perfect for the NBA. He is very good breaking guys off on the dribble. I had a hard time deciding between Austin and Kyle for ROY, but ultimately, Kyle is a warrior and played a lot of good ball in Spain last year. Detroit got a steal. Can't wait til he goes wherever Kyrie, Lebron, and Dwight go and make a super-duper team.
[/quote]

Henson's stats in college were skewed by the rest of the stars on that team at UNC. There is only one ball to go around, no matter how many stars there are on the team. I like Henson's frame. He has the type of body style that he can add muscle without it slowing him down or making him less flexible.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350960249' post='1173915']
Henson's stats in college were skewed by the rest of the stars on that team at UNC. There is only one ball to go around, no matter how many stars there are on the team. I like Henson's frame. He has the type of body style that he can add muscle without it slowing him down or making him less flexible.
[/quote]
Henson doesn't have the work ethic to put on muscle. Plus he had the best passing point guard in the nation passing him the ball and he couldn't put up stats. He literally has no offensive game or shot. His skinny frame will get abused on the blocks. He plays good defense, but not much else. Will likely get injured multiple times in his career.

Barnes will be such a colossal bust, I almost feel bad for GS. Kendall Marshall and Tyler Zeller will be good though.

Yes I think Barnes will be nothing but an end of the bench guy type of guy. I disagree about Henson. Henson has been plagued if injures, but I think he'll be motivated in the pros. Zeller pissed me off when he chose UNC over Notre Dame. His brother was ok but he was in no way better than Tyler.

I'll agree to disagree. I think if you had watched as many games as me, you would see that Henson has no offensive game. His points come from putbacks and open dunks. That is about it.

Almost the same as Ed Davis. I hope they all fail.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350916779' post='1173662']
Howard, Kobe, and Gasol is a pretty good group of players as well. The Lakers are built more on scoring on the drive and in the paint. I'm not sure if the Heat have enough down low defense to stop the Lakers, but the Heat have more quality players to stay fresh and rested.
[/quote]

I forgot about Nash on the Lakers now. I know a lot of the guys on these stacked teams are old, but it shouldn't matter because most of them will be subbing out for one another to stay fresh.

The Mavs look so scarey when the they can sub guys in and out without missing a beat. Their team scoring is awesome, they had 6 guys scoring in double digits and all gut player didn't score at all.

The Lakers only had three guys in double digits, one guy that played but didn't score, and 4 guys trying to not get a splinter sitting on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone think that the Lakers' horrible start this year just shows how shitty of a coach Mike Brown is? How can a team with the talent they have, play so poorly and have such an awful record? They have already lost more games than they should have the fist month and a half of the season. Either parody is catching up in the NBA, where the gap between stars and role players has considerably shrunken, or coaching matters more than people care to say. Mike Brown couldn't get it done in Cleveland with LeBron, and he is off to a horrible start with Howard, Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Nash. Yeah Nash is hurt, but that shouldn't matter that much. The only weakness of the team is back up big men, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Gasol playing center and Jamison subbing as PF giving Howard some rest.

Archived