What this game means...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1350881460' post='1173578']
Into the binder of defensive coordinators who have figured him out? :mellow:
[/quote]

Figured him out = take away AJ's deep game and watch the rest of the offense fall apart.
No running game, the Lollipop Guild can't be depended on and as much as I hate to say it, Gresham has
become very average.

Heard Lapham say that is what Coyle did with Miami and LeBeau did the same thing.

Another thing that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit was I thought the days of no adjustments at half time were over.
Nope.
Theyyyreeee baaaaaccckkk.

For as poorly as Pittsburgh played, they looked like they were simply waiting around for us to lose it.
A third string running back running for 120 yards and our free agent gem plods on.
If Wallace had caught even a couple of the ones that hit him in the hands and numbers this would have
been a blow out.

Marvin simply cannot field and manage a consistently winning professional football team.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1350884480' post='1173588']
Figured him out = take away AJ's deep game and watch the rest of the offense fall apart.
No running game, the Lollipop Guild can't be depended on and as much as I hate to say it, Gresham has
become very average.

[b]Heard Lapham say that is what Coyle did with Miami and LeBeau did the same thing.[/b]

Another thing that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit was I thought the days of no adjustments at half time were over.
Nope.
Theyyyreeee baaaaaccckkk.

For as poorly as Pittsburgh played, they looked like they were simply waiting around for us to lose it.
A third string running back running for 120 yards and our free agent gem plods on.
If Wallace had caught even a couple of the ones that hit him in the hands and numbers this would have
been a blow out.

Marvin simply cannot field and manage a consistently winning professional football team.
[/quote]

I think the problem isn't as much that the coverage is there, as in they're not still taking their chances. Gotta put some trust in Green.

[quote name='westside bengal' timestamp='1350906836' post='1173605']
Marvin is good at one thing....blaming everyone else for the loss.
[/quote]

I've been saying that for years on here and getting the shit kicked out of me by the frequent flyers and the pilers on.
Teflon Marvin. Nothing sticks. Its always Brat or Bart or Carson or Mike Brown or Shayne Graham or Lippencott or anybody but him.

Miami we saw his head so not into the game when he did not go for a two point conversion when making it would have left them needing a field goal
to at least tie and a touchdown to go ahead if we got an extra point or missed the two.

Last week vs Cleveland the clock was grossly mismanaged at the end of the first half where it came down to bickering about how much time was
left when Andy spiked the ball... it wasn't the one second that was or was not remaining, it was the mismanaged 30 seconds before when he
couldn't get it straight with Gruden what he wanted.

They come out totally unprepared for the game. That was always Chad and distractions before. Now that excuse is gone. Last night was pathetic
because Pittsburgh was totally inept and sucked almost as bad... Wallace and the dropped balls.

There are so many apologies and excuses for Marvin I wonder WTF he is supposed to do on the field since everything is someone else's fault
and responsibility.

But, hey... he gives a great press conference. The Marvin Lewis Foundation is one of the top and highest profile charitable organizations in the
city. Great guy, personable and has entrenched himself in the community.

His time to go is long overdue. He is a mediocre "coach" at best. He would not have been tolerated for this long in any other city in the NFL.
Third longest tenured coach in the NFL coming into the season and after last night his percentage below .500 drops another game.
For all the Marvin pom poms waived around here, none of those guys sit in the stands near me.

But to be fair... it was not Marvin's fault I got pulled over by the police last night in Terrance Park on the way home...
"I didn't think I was speeding."
"You weren't. Your license plate light is burned out."

I would not be surprised if we did not win another game all season.
We sure as hell won't sell one out.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350908320' post='1173616']
what has he said?
[/quote]

He doesn't have to say anything.
The Marvapologists come out and say it for him.

Marv did say "I see better than I hear" and I see yet another season of mediocrity from Marvin at best.

The guy just can't "do his job".

Look, some of the blame has to starte falling on the coaching staff and preparation. It is not the talent level. You mean to tell me, Pittsburgh with its over the hill defense, minus Polamolu, Woodley just getting back, two offensive lineman out(pro bowler at that), 1st and 2nd string running backs out, had better TALENT on the field than the Bengals? Absolutely not. They were out prepared and out executed. That is a fact. They let Pittsburgh tell them what they were going to do. You have the best, most talented wide receiver in the league and he isnt even the sightest bit of a factor? It's just unbelievable to me.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1350910588' post='1173630']
It means that at least 1 month will have pasted between wins.
It also means I have to wait 2 weeks to get this taste out of my mouth.
[/quote]

You might have to wait longer than that. Denver has the 6th rated offense and 9th rated pass defense. We also suck coming out of bye week under Marvin if my memory serves me correctly.

Archived