Notre Dame football

Lewdog

I know there are a few Notre Dame fans on here so I thought I was start a thread. The Irish are about to kick off today at South Bend. BYU is 4-3. They announced an unbelievable stat, today makes it [b]229 straight sell outs[/b]. Golson isn't going to play today, Rees and another back up QB will take all the snaps. Go Irish!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1350773025' post='1172379']
Gah. Looks like we might squeak this one out. I'm uber-nervous about next week. I was hoping to see Rees, but he just doesn't look very good today.
[/quote]

Yeah I have seen too many overthrown passes. Rees also seems to get out of rhythm when Eifert gets double and triple teamed. He just doesn't seem to have a good connection with the WRs.

Thoma was a big part of the offense when Golson was QB, yet he barely gets looked at by Rees.

T'eo and the defense struggled during parts of this game. It seemed like the D-line today had some problems, but later started to play better against the rush and building a pass rush. When a RB got through the line the LBers and secondary were slow to react. The defense then started to run blitz, and eventually the D-line started to play better. I would guess BYU's line just got worn out.

Oklahoma is going to be a very defining game. As long as they stay close, win or lose they might still be in the BCS race. If they lose in a close one to Oklahoma and run the rest of the season, depending on what Oklahoma does, they might get an invite.

Another one bites the dust, hey hey hey another one bites the dust...Notre Dame goes to Oklahoma, and puts them to bed. How far up should they go? #3? I think they deserve it.

Te'o? Yeah he had a monster game with like 12 tackles, a sack, and an interception. He now has 5, that's right 5 interceptions this year. I dogged Te'o earlier in the season when I would be out of place, not tackling well, and didn't come across as a leader. Well he has developed more so this year than the first 3 years combined. ABC just showed the graphic that Oklahoma only has 22 yards rushing tonight. [b] Ooops late edit, Notre Dame helped them to 15 yards rushing![/b]

:frantics:

Go Irish!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1351403915' post='1175117']
What a game. Manti is a gamer. Dude is everything you want in a football player. I would be beyond ecstatic if he ended up on our team. What team effort tonight.
[/quote]

I have to admit I was hoping the best, but expecting the worst in this game. It's been a long time since Notre Dame went into a high ranked opponent's house and played this well. Notre Dame is keeping it as simple as possible, play aggressively on defense, be balanced with the offense while still using Golson's abilities, and keep a fresh guy running the ball in a solid rotations of RBs.

The only thing that still worries me, and can be a huge factor before the season is over, is the kicking game. The punter is average if best, and Brindza is scary to watch. He's missed 4 kicks this year including 2 in the close game with BYU that they only won by 3 points. I would hate to see a potential Championship undefeated season go down the drain because some kid missed a 30 yard FG that is nothing more than a chip shot.

Awesome, Pittsburgh's top RB, WR, and DB charged with assault. Somehow Pittsburgh justifies the right for them to play today against Notre Dame. How often do you hear several players from a team getting charged for breaking the law, and not get suspended?

[url="http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8582580/pittsburgh-panthers-ray-graham-devin-street-lafayette-pitts-charged-assault"]http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8582580/pittsburgh-panthers-ray-graham-devin-street-lafayette-pitts-charged-assault[/url]

Notre Dame pulled one out of their ass today. Hopefully they can get to the USC game undefeated. USC gave up over 300 yards rushing to Barner today. If they bring that type of run defense to the Notre Dame game, it will be a laugher. USC and Notre Dame games seem to be pretty competitive from year to year. Beating USC and going into a Championship game against Oregon, K-State, or some of these other top teams is pretty scary. Notre dame has guys that pound heads, but I don't really think they have the speed of those other guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived