Appearing on NFL Network's [i]First on the Field[/i], Michael Lombardi said the Rams are "shopping several players" to the rest of the league prior to the October 30 trade deadline.
Lombardi failed to mention specific names, but the Rams are the youngest team in the league and don't have many veterans that would seem to interest contending teams, aside from Steven Jackson. S-Jax makes sense because he and the Rams restructured his contract, making him a free agent after the 2012 season. He and rookie Daryl Richardson have also been splitting carries in recent weeks. Neither player has found the end zone this season, as the Rams have just one rushing touchdown as a team. Still, it's a long shot that Jackson is traded this week. Rookie GM Les Snead won't be scared to pull the trigger, though.

Do you think this could be a potential move for them. I know he is 29 years old, but he could a decent stop game for this year and next. What do you guys think?

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1350830808' post='1172439']
He will want some sort of long term deal rather than a stop gap pickup. Not a big fan of signing 29 year old RBs to long term deals but he is a good player.
[/quote]

Especially not 29 year old RBs who have absorbed as many hits as Jackson. They ran that dude into the ground, picked him up, then did it again.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1350830808' post='1172439']
He will want some sort of long term deal rather than a stop gap pickup. Not a big fan of signing 29 year old RBs to long term deals but he is a good player.
[/quote]

I agree. If the Bengals want to sign a 29 year old running back, they would sign a VERY well rested 29 year old Chris Perry.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1350842235' post='1172467']
Good running backs can make o-lines look serviceable.
[/quote]

That may be true but I like it when the Oline makes the back look good!
Bengals are to light in the ass in the interior for mauling anymore and
Im not seeing anyone pulling so where do these holes come from?

[quote name='claptonrocks' timestamp='1350842747' post='1172470']

That may be true but I like it when the Oline makes the back look good!
Bengals are to light in the ass in the interior for mauling anymore and
Im not seeing anyone pulling so where do these holes come from?
[/quote]

Boling and Zeitler pull often.

This line excels at driving the Defense in one direction. They just need a back that can cut.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1350847315' post='1172487']
They are pretty good at pass blocking according to the stats.
[/quote]

According to the stats, Dalton is also gettiung rid of the ball quicker than anyone else in the league.. I think that has to do more with sack numbers than the oline,

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350834530' post='1172449']
I agree. If the Bengals want to sign a 29 year old running back, they would sign a VERY well rested 29 year old Chris Perry.
[/quote]

Ah, the memories...

"Who drafted best? Detroit's wasn't bad; and how about ... us!! Chris Perry? Are you kidding me?! He fell to us?! I like Mel (Kiper) as well as the next guy, but he's wrong if he says there are backs, like (Steven) Jackson or Kevin Jones, better than Perry. Perry nearly ran himself to the Heisman, he carried a stiff like Navarre, beat Ohio State by production and example in his senior year. Put it this way. We'll keep him, and New England can have Marshall Dillon. Let him clean up Dorchester." -- [i]Marvin Lewis, after the Bengals selected Chris Perry in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft[/i]

Archived