Ipad 2

i have bought a bunch of refurb stuff from apple, all of it has been stellar...

i am pondering selling my 3rd gen 32gb ipad retina and getting the sprint LTE new one next month...but id be looking for $450-ish

aside from all that, the 3rd gen retina display ipad 16gb is only $379 refurb on their site, the screen is a big difference, but if that doesnt matter to you, i wouldnt worry about it..

its a great device no matter what route you go. i went with the 32gb as i travel some, and like to load a buncha tv shows and movies for the plane ride...other than that, 16gb is plenty..

the imac thin-ness IS deceiving, in the gallery picks its nor much thinner at the fatest point, it looks like they stuck a mac mini in the middle of the back of it and made the edges SUPER thin..

looks like i will be getting a Macbook pro Retina 15", imac 27" and mac mini in march... for me, wife, and kids...

kinda stoked...also love that they are doing a solid state drive AND a regular drive in imacs... great idea.. speed+storage..

#macboner

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1351050313' post='1174188']
the imac thin-ness IS deceiving, in the gallery picks its nor much thinner at the fatest point, it looks like they stuck a mac mini in the middle of the back of it and made the edges SUPER thin..

looks like i will be getting a Macbook pro Retina 15", imac 27" and mac mini in march... for me, wife, and kids...

kinda stoked...also love that they are doing a solid state drive AND a regular drive in imacs... great idea.. speed+storage..

#macboner
[/quote]

I'm buying my Dad and Step-Mom one for Xmas, as his nearly 9-year-old G5 iMac is finally showing its age.

Yeah, 9 years.

Buying an Apple computer is like buying a Toyota or Honda...

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1351024647' post='1174079']
Gonna buy an Ipad for the wife. Don't have one yet so I assume we can go low end and get a 16 gb Ipad 2 with just wifi. Where I work they are 384.

1. Will they get cheaper soon because of the new Mini ipad?
2. What else am I not considering.
[/quote]

The only two things I can think of...

make sure 16gb will be enough. On the iPhone it is, but you (read: your wife) will likely put MUCH, MUCH more on the Ipad.

And, I bought my wife's from the online store as a refurb... you're able to set your requirements on generation, color, memory, wifi / 3g, etc. and it has the same warranty as one straight off the assembly line. Seems to save about $50-70 off a brand spanking new one if memory serves.

Gonna get out of here before the Mac love-fest turns sticky between Elf and Go... :hug:

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1351080367' post='1174203']
The only two things I can think of...

make sure 16gb will be enough. On the iPhone it is, but you (read: your wife) will likely put MUCH, MUCH more on the Ipad.

And, I bought my wife's from the online store as a refurb... you're able to set your requirements on generation, color, memory, wifi / 3g, etc. and it has the same warranty as one straight off the assembly line. Seems to save about $50-70 off a brand spanking new one if memory serves.

Gonna get out of here before the Mac love-fest turns sticky between Elf and Go... :hug:
[/quote]

:0stfu: :D

I actually use more Linux than Apple these days...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1351050526' post='1174190']
I'm buying my Dad and Step-Mom one for Xmas, as his nearly 9-year-old G5 iMac is finally showing its age.

Yeah, 9 years.

Buying an Apple computer is like buying a Toyota or Honda...
[/quote]

solid comparison, two hondas in the garage currently, that nissan sentra made me want to drive it off a cliff, like my last pc made me want to throw it off the balcony...fitting.

Archived