Star Wars 7

MichaelWeston

I'm seeing it tomorrow morning, but seeing Mockingjay tonight. I'm genuinely concerned about overhearing something in the lobby, lol. May have to bring some headphones with me.

We'll be speedwalking through the lobby, lol.

Like the episode of "Family Guy" where Peter spoils "The Empire Strikes Back" for everyone in line. My wife and I were joking about that last night on the way out of the theater... :lol:

Such as? (Use the spoilers tag)

My biggest problem is that Rey went from not even knowing if the force was real to full on beasting a trained Jedi/sith apprentice.  I think pulling the saber out the snow was enough.  Earthquake and it is over

Plus, can someone fire the design team of death stars for the empire/first order...again an unprotect d way to blow it up???

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-records-1201665753/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens” micronized box office records this weekend, racking up a monumental $238 million opening and justifying the Walt Disney Company’s $4 billion purchase of LucasFilm.

That 2012 acquisition was intended to launch a cinematic universe set in a galaxy far, far away: a series of interconnected sequels, spin-offs, and prequels that would serve as a filmic parallel to Disney’s Marvel Comics-inspired adventures.

J.J. Abrams’ nostalgic take on the series of space operas George Lucas established was a hit with critics and fans, earning strong reviews and an A CinemaScore. Its opening soared past the previous high-water mark of $208.8 million established last summer by “Jurassic World.” It more than doubles “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’s” December record debut of  $84.6 million.

Globally, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” scored the second biggest opening in history, earning $517 million worldwide, behind only “Jurassic World’s” $525 million bow. Unlike “Jurassic World,” the seventh film in the “Star Wars” saga did not have the benefit of showing in China on its inaugural weekend. It opens there on Jan. 9.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-records-1201665753/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens” micronized box office records this weekend, racking up a monumental $238 million opening and justifying the Walt Disney Company’s $4 billion purchase of LucasFilm.

That 2012 acquisition was intended to launch a cinematic universe set in a galaxy far, far away: a series of interconnected sequels, spin-offs, and prequels that would serve as a filmic parallel to Disney’s Marvel Comics-inspired adventures.

J.J. Abrams’ nostalgic take on the series of space operas George Lucas established was a hit with critics and fans, earning strong reviews and an A CinemaScore. Its opening soared past the previous high-water mark of $208.8 million established last summer by “Jurassic World.” It more than doubles “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’s” December record debut of  $84.6 million.

Globally, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” scored the second biggest opening in history, earning $517 million worldwide, behind only “Jurassic World’s” $525 million bow. Unlike “Jurassic World,” the seventh film in the “Star Wars” saga did not have the benefit of showing in China on its inaugural weekend. It opens there on Jan. 9.

And Sundays numbers arent in yet either

And Sundays numbers arent in yet either

Exactly, and that can add a few mil in some cases, or take away a few mil.

I thought this would do 185 opening weekend, but I would be curious to see the screen count.  Theater count is one issue, screens is another.  Then again, the way December releases have gone, older titles could have left and no one would miss it. 

Exactly, and that can add a few mil in some cases, or take away a few mil.

I thought this would do 185 opening weekend, but I would be curious to see the screen count.  Theater count is one issue, screens is another.  Then again, the way December releases have gone, older titles could have left and no one would miss it. 

i know the potomac mills amc imax had sold out a few shows yesterday

Make it $247 mil:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/20/media/star-wars-the-force-awakens-opening-weekend-box-office/index.html

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" became the biggest opening in movie history over the weekend, bringing in an estimated $247 million in North America, according to Disney (DIS).

The film flew past the opening weekend record held by Universal's "Jurassic World," which made $208.8 million on the weekend it opened in June.

The film has made $528 million around the world since opening overseas on Wednesday. That's a new record, too: "Jurassic World" made $525 million globally when it opened.

The international totals are all the more impressive because "The Force Awakens" has yet to open in China, the world's second biggest film market. It will open there on January 9.

Archived