Star Wars 7

MichaelWeston

I don't think he would do it. He wanted to get back to stuff that he created himself and could control. He got frustrated on avengers two with some changes that were made above his head in the editing room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hard to say.... I mean JJ had final call on all of Ep 7....of course he said that Disney had legal have some loopholes that you could drive a truck through, but it sounded like that was never a problem

2nd weekend predictions: http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/christmas-box-office-star-wars-daddys-home-point-break-1201667092/

That “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” will dominate movie theaters for a second straight weekend is a foregone conclusion. After all, the seventh film in the sci-fi franchise has passed from hit into cultural phenomenon. The question is how much money it will make as moviegoers flood multiplexes during one of the most lucrative times of year for Hollywood studios.

There’s a wide range of predictions. It is conceivable that “The Force Awakens” could pull in anywhere from $140 million to $180 million in its second weekend — a massive spread, but a testament to how difficult it is to assess how firmly the latest tale of Jedi Knights has burrowed into the zeitgeist. Either would be an impressive hold after a weekend that saw “The Force Awakens” torch records with its $248 million domestic launch. There’s a reason that some box office sages have been predicting the film has “Avatar” and its $2.8 billion global haul in its sights.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/star-wars-fan-spends-a-year-building-7500-piece-lego-millennium-falcon/ar-BBnZ9Rn?ocid=ansmsnent11

It might not make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, but this Star Wars fan's recreation of the Millennium Falcon is still pretty impressive.

The fan, who goes by Marshal Banana on Flickr, said it took an entire year and approximately 7,500 pieces to build Han Solo's famous ship.

"My main goal was to present the model in a flying position, which was a huge task. Due to its internal framework it was not possible to include an interior, but I was able to fully lighten the model," he wrote. "And there was still enough space left to include a detailed cockpit (with 4 seats), gunner's platform and a lowering ramp."

He added that it weighs about 22 pounds and measures 32 inches long by 21 inches wide and 7 inches deep. "I am proud how this creation came together - I hope you like it as well."

This is the one thing about Star Wars that annoyed me.  A parsec is a unit of distance, not time.

This might make you feel a little bit better: http://www.wired.com/2013/02/kessel-run-12-parsecs/

The Essential Atlas maps a Kessel Run whose path travels around “The Maw,” a cluster of black holes. To cut down on the distance traveled, pilots could dangerously skirt the edges of the black holes, while trying to avoid spaghettification. If Solo was a skilled enough — or crazy enough — pilot to deviate from the typical route and fly close enough to the black holes to cut nearly 20 light-years off his space odometer, then his ship was fast indeed — the power required to stay out of the gape of an event horizon is something worth bragging about.....So by being able to dance around singularities, the Millennium Falcon establishes itself as a fast ship — and Solo’s famous brag makes sense.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-crosses-851359

The Disney and Lucasfilm tentpole is quickly moving up the chart of all-time top-grossing films, leaping past 'Iron Man 3' on Tuesday.

J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: The Force Awakens has crossed the $600 million mark in North America after earning $29.5 million from 4,134 theaters on Tuesday for a total of $600.9 million.

It's only the fifth film in history to cross $600 million domestically, after The Avengers ($623.4 million), Jurassic World ($652.3 million), Titanic ($658.7 million) and Avatar ($760.5 million), not accounting for inflation. And it's possible Force Awakens could overtake Avatar by the end of New Year's weekend.

Avatar is toast sometime next week.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-rings-851635?utm_source=twitter

Worldwide, the blockbuster hits $1.39 billion; Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' rides to No. 3 in its nationwide expansion, while Alejandro G. Inarritu's 'The Revenant' continues to thrive at the specialty box office.

Breaking yet another record, Star Wars: The Force Awakens scored the top New Year's Day gross of all time in North America with $34.5 million from 4,134 theaters as it approached the $700 million mark after overtaking both Jurassic World and Titanic, not accounting for inflation.

Avatar was the previous New Year's champ with $25.3 million in 2009 (that was the last time the holiday also fell on a Friday). Force Awakens, finishing Friday with a cume of $686.4 million, is only days away from passing up Avatar ($760.8 million) altogether and becoming the top-grossing film of all time domestically, again not accounting for inflation. It should achieve the milestone sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.

For New Year's weekend, Star Wars is expected to earn a massive $90 million-plus, the best showing in history for the holiday weekend and pushing the movie's North American cume to $742 million through Sunday. On Saturday, the Disney and Lucasfilm blockbuster leapt past Jurassic World ($652.3 million) and Titanic ($658.7 million) to become the No. 2 title of all time domestically.

Worldwide, Force Awakens finished Friday with a mammoth total of $1.39 billion — including $704.2 million internationally — as it passed up the final Harry Potter film ($1.34 billion) to become the No. 7 top-grossing title of all time. On Saturday, it will eclipse Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.41 billion) to claim the No. 6 spot.

I'm probably in the rare crowd here but I saw the force awakens before seeing the original trilogy. I really enjoyed it so figured I'd give the original 3 a try.. I don't know if I'm spoiled by today's graphics or what but I was totally underwhelmed by the originals.

A New Hope is honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

The Empire Strikes Back is worlds better than the first and I enjoyed that one.

Return of the Jedi was painfully boring for at least an hour then them ewok things showed up and got really silly. It ended ok though.

So what am I missing? Is it just something I missed since it came before my time? No nostalgia factor? I'm honestly curious.

I'm probably in the rare crowd here but I saw the force awakens before seeing the original trilogy. I really enjoyed it so figured I'd give the original 3 a try.. I don't know if I'm spoiled by today's graphics or what but I was totally underwhelmed by the originals.

Return of the Jedi was painfully boring for at least an hour then them ewok things showed up and got really silly. It ended ok though.

So what am I missing? Is it just something I missed since it came before my time? No nostalgia factor? I'm honestly curious.

The first movie is 40 years old. Imagine that. 

I don't have the same experience, but I can totally see where you're coming from.   Star Wars at the time was revolutionary and ahead of its time, and so much of today owes its thanks to Star Wars, but some of it IS dated (on the contrary the remastered version of Empire holds up well, and I imagine Jedi does too).  Just think about the companies that came out of Star Wars:  LucasFilm, ILM and Pixar all were birthed out of A New Hope, and are 3 of the giants in the film industry 40 years later.

What I can share experience wise, I didn't watch BladeRunner until probably 2012, and feel the same way you do about Star Wars.  I imagine I'd have a difference experience if I had seen it in say 1988.

Its just the way it is with technology.  My wife and I were watching some movie the other day from like 1994, I can't even remember the name, and we both said "man, 1994 looks a lot like the 1980's!"

Archived