Too White?

When I read this article I literately laughed out loud. A civil rights advocate believes the Timberwolves are doing something wrong because they only have one black starter on the team. You read that right, they only have one black starter. If there has ever been a stereotype placed on the NBA, and idea of reverse racism, this is it. Does this guy really think the owner, GM, and coach of an NBA team would take lesser talent players because they are white? Oh man.

[quote]
Ron Edwards, a longtime Minneapolis civil rights advocate, told the Star-Tribune that it was "somewhat disturbing" when he saw a game last season in which Wes Johnson was the only black player on the floor for the Timberwolves. The composition of this season's roster has prompted Edwards to react even stronger.
"It raises some real questions to me about what's really intended," Edwards said. "I think, personally, that it was calculated. Is this an attempt to get fans back in the stands? Minnesota, after all, is a pretty white state.''
[/quote]

Interesting so maybe in the future sports franchise should be slotted on the demographic of where they play. So if a city is 40% white, only 40% of their players can be white...and son on. This guy is an idiot.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201210/are-minnesota-timberwolves-too-white

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351638587' post='1175737']
ahahahahahah four black guys only.

They're a good team though, too bad Love and Rubio are hurt.

They only have five American white guys though, so they really aren't super white, they have a ton of foreigners.
[/quote]

I absolutely can not see how a professional person who is in the position he is, a long civil rights activist, can say something like this.

Archived