Who are you voting for tomorrow  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for tomorrow

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Other
    • Not Voting

This poll is closed to new votes

You know Homer, that just it. If you don't think things have changed significantly enough, then where is the point in the future when enough is enough? I'm 36 years old, and I have never owned a slave nor have I refused to do something for someone just because of their skin. My father was the same way, my mother is a racist and I have nothing to do with her. Her beliefs are based a lot on her confrontations as a loss prevention detective for Rite Aide and almost getting killed in a robbery. She is unable to see who did what they did as an individual and not just a color. There's nothing I can do for her, and I am sure there are many people out there like her. My grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side of the family all believed in equality, and my grandmother always commented how little black babies were so cute. My mother's side of the family, my grandfather was a policeman in LeSourdesville for many years and then went to work at GE. Him and my grandmother were racist. I never really cared for half my family because I really don't like hate. You always feel different when you have hate in your heart. With that said, let me say this. Many of this points shared by Homer earlier.

Let me tell you in all honesty why the U.S. will never be a perfect state. Citizens want someone that come in and balance the budget while still keeping all the programs they like and enjoy living off of. At the same time they want new programs that help create more jobs and more benefits for the people. Sounds like they need a compassionate person with a little of business sense right? Well the Republicans gave them Romney who came from a family that was on welfare and grew up to be a self made millionaire and great business men. He even helped to make a government health care system while Governor of Massachusetts. Sounds like a guy that is the key that fits the hole right? No, 98% of the blacks in the U.S. voted for Obama, mostly because they felt he could relate better to them and were happy with what he has done. In actuality the unemployment rate is the same as when he took over, GITMO is still open, and there are still soldiers in Iraq four years later.

The United States will never get better until voters start better educating themselves and not choosing the best candidate by the picture next to his name.

I don't get the sense Romney is very compassionate when he is talking shit about 47% of the population and also the way he ran his private equity firm. Their MO was strip and sell it seems.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352422551' post='1178811']
Let me tell you in all honesty why the U.S. will never be a perfect state. Citizens want someone that come in and balance the budget while still keeping all the programs they like and enjoy living off of. At the same time they want new programs that help create more jobs and more benefits for the people. Sounds like they need a compassionate person with a little of business sense right? Well the Republicans gave them Romney who came from a family that was on welfare and grew up to be a self made millionaire and great business men.
[/quote]

You think Romney was a self made millionaire? Seriously?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1352425335' post='1178824']
I don't get the sense Romney is very compassionate when he is talking shit about 47% of the population and also the way he ran his private equity firm. Their MO was strip and sell it seems.

You think Romney was a self made millionaire? Seriously?
[/quote]

Yes, any man that has enough brains to graduate from some of the toughest colleges in the country, then upon graduation not go to work for his father, but instead of another company where he had to prove himself. Romney didn't inherit his wealth, he earned it. Did Romney get to some places because of who he was born into a certain family? Maybe, even probably. Last time I checked Obama wasn't exactly born into a poor family. His father was the head economist for the country of Kenya.

On your first paragraph, you and I agree for the most part, Lew. The short response to your "when is enough, enough" question is probably never. That's why history is so important: it shapes and informs our views in very instructive ways. Not merely so we can understand the past, but that we can prepare for the future. My grandmother was one of the worst kind of racists--Virginia horse country aristocracy which more or less equated blacks with pets. Literally had a picture frame with Confed money in it on the wall and often used to say "The South will rise again." No shit, she would actually say it even though it's a cliche. She was a sweet person otherwise, but a product of her culture and times. (She also used to smoke pot during the 20s when she was a flapper.)

Now I actually do know something about economics and I can say with virtual certainty that Romney and Ryan would have both been bad for the economy. Romney is not a producer or job creator, he is a parasite from the finance community (and not all members of the finance community are parasites.) Big difference between him and his Dad. Ryan because his austerity program is akin to curing a patient by starving him to death. I'm not really going to debate this particular aspect of things because I've already done it here in the past.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1352426100' post='1178830']
On your first paragraph, you and I agree for the most part, Lew. The short response to your "when is enough, enough" question is probably never. That's why history is so important: it shapes and informs our views in very instructive ways. Not merely so we can understand the past, but that we can prepare for the future. My grandmother was one of the worst kind of racists--Virginia horse country aristocracy which more or less equated blacks with pets. Literally had a picture frame with Confed money in it on the wall and often used to say "The South will rise again." No shit, she would actually say it even though it's a cliche. She was a sweet person otherwise, but a product of her culture and times. (She also used to smoke pot during the 20s when she was a flapper.)

Now I actually do know something about economics and I can say with virtual certainty that Romney and Ryan would have both been bad for the economy. Romney is not a producer or job creator, he is a parasite from the finance community (and not all members of the finance community are parasites.) Big difference between him and his Dad. Ryan because his austerity program is akin to curing a patient by starving him to death. I'm not really going to debate this particular aspect of things because I've already done it here in the past.
[/quote]

Maybe it's time for the United States to become a lender and not a borrower. We've seen where borrowing huge amounts from Russia and China has gotten us.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352426013' post='1178828']
Yes, any man that has enough brains to graduate from some of the toughest colleges in the country, then upon graduation not go to work for his father, but instead of another company where he had to prove himself. Romney didn't inherit his wealth, he earned it. [b]Did Romney get to some places because of who he was born into a certain family? Maybe, even probably. [/b] Last time I checked Obama wasn't exactly born into a poor family. His father was the head economist for the country of Kenya.
[/quote]

I didn't even mention Obama. Why are you bringing him up?

But the bold part... yeah, it helped him a helluva lot, don't kid yourself.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352426277' post='1178831']
Maybe it's time for the United States to become a lender and not a borrower. We've seen where borrowing huge amounts from Russia and China has gotten us.
[/quote]

You do realize that our biggest debt holder is America, right? Probably not, you just see "big debt" and automatically assume "CHINA OWNS US!1!!!"

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1352426293' post='1178832']
I didn't even mention Obama. Why are you bringing him up?

But the bold part... yeah, it helped him a helluva lot, don't kid yourself.
[/quote]

You didn't have to mention Obama, because the original statement was made as part of a whole argument where Romney fit what America was asking for more than Obama. Obama was relevant because the original comments involved him. I should know, I wrote it.

Many people in their lives get a foot in the door because of who they were related to, and end up falling flat on their faces, because genetics doesn't always mean success. As a Bengals fans you should understand that more than anyone. Mike Brown can not hold a candle to Paul Brown, and Dave Shula would have been better off if his mother had swallowed.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1352426395' post='1178835']
You do realize that our biggest debt holder is America, right? Probably not, you just see "big debt" and automatically assume "CHINA OWNS US!1!!!"
[/quote]

Really? Really? REALLY?

[font="verdana"][size="2"]Of the [b]$5.1 trillion dollars[/b] of US debt that is owned by foreign governments, China and Japan own nearly half, as evidenced by this chart:[/size][/font]

[url="http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php"]http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php[/url]

You count public debt. This is about money being lent to the United States. According to this website, which seems pretty extensive, if every man and woman paid over $53,000 dollars to the government things would be all square. My checks in the mail, is yours?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352427334' post='1178837']
Really? Really? REALLY?

[font=verdana][size=2]Of the [b]$5.1 trillion dollars[/b] of US debt that is owned by foreign governments, China and Japan own nearly half, as evidenced by this chart:[/size][/font]

[url="http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php"]http://www.davemanue...-debt-clock.php[/url]

You count public debt. This is about money being lent to the United States. According to this website, which seems pretty extensive, if every man and woman paid over $53,000 dollars to the government things would be all square. My checks in the mail, is yours?
[/quote]

No shit China and Japan own a shit ton of the [u][i][b]FOREIGN [/b][/i][/u]debt, they're two of the biggest economies out there.

However, I was talking about the big number, the one everyone panics about. Yes, I am counting public debt, since that is 2/3 of the debt.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352427334' post='1178837']
Really? Really? REALLY?

[font=verdana][size=2]Of the [b]$5.1 trillion dollars[/b] of US debt that is owned by foreign governments, China and Japan own nearly half, as evidenced by this chart:[/size][/font]

[/quote]

US debt is over 16t, therefore 5.1t is not even 1/3rd of the national debt. China owns a little over 1t, or ~ 1/16th of the total.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352426898' post='1178836']
You didn't have to mention Obama, because the original statement was made as part of a whole argument where Romney fit what America was asking for more than Obama. Obama was relevant because the original comments involved him. I should know, I wrote it.

Many people in their lives get a foot in the door because of who they were related to, and end up falling flat on their faces, because genetics doesn't always mean success. As a Bengals fans you should understand that more than anyone. [b]Mike Brown can not hold a candle to Paul Brown, and Dave Shula would have been better off if his mother had swallowed[/b].
[/quote]

common lewdog ground achieved

Does it really matter who owns it? The fact that a third of the United States is owned by other countries says a lot. Hell, finances were so bad this last year the U.S. had to choose on making one of their payments or not having enough money to pay Social Security checks and government payrolls. Somehow they found a way to do it. When U.S. debts to other countries comes to this point, there is a serious problem. Public debt is always revolving, therefore I don't count that is actual debt. Foreign debt however is a debt brought on the country by itself. You always have to care more about the debt that can one day be called to coughed up, versus debts that the country really never had in the first place. If you don't understand what I mean, it's money given to citizens through social programs that is then used to help business, that is then paid back to the government in taxes. It is a revolving cycle. Thus, why raising taxes ends up taking care of the public debt.

From articles I read, people close to Romney have stated he lost the election because he didn't campaign in enough Hispanic communities. There are 53 million Hispanic voters registered in the U.S. and Romney only got 27% of the Hispanic vote. Romney only lost the popular vote by around 3 million votes. If Romney gets 50%+ of the Hispanic vote he could have possibly won 3 or more states. I'm not sure if that turns the election, but it is something future Republican candidates need to think about.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352581691' post='1179230']
From articles I read, people close to Romney have stated he lost the election because he didn't campaign in enough Hispanic communities. There are 53 million Hispanic voters registered in the U.S. and Romney only got 27% of the Hispanic vote. Romney only lost the popular vote by around 3 million votes. If Romney gets 50%+ of the Hispanic vote he could have possibly won 3 or more states. I'm not sure if that turns the election, but it is something future Republican candidates need to think about.
[/quote]

George P. Bush can get those votes cause he's mexi.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1352581830' post='1179231']
George P. Bush can get those votes cause he's mexi.
[/quote]

I think it would be quite cool to have Jeb Bush run as President with his son as the V.P. Then after 4 years, Jeb can step aside and let his son take the reins. Jeb is already 59, so he is pretty much retired at this point back home in Texas being a family man. His Wiki page says he lives in Coral Gables, FL, but I am pretty sure I saw he was living on a ranch in Texas now.

Archived