BlackJesus

[url="http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/12q6wu/2012_voting_machine_altering_votes/"]http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/12q6wu/2012_voting_machine_altering_votes/[/url]

From the guy who shot the video (i'm assuming its the same, can't really watch videos at work), its not edited

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1352227586' post='1178216']
[url="http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/12q6wu/2012_voting_machine_altering_votes/"]http://www.reddit.co...altering_votes/[/url]

From the guy who shot the video (i'm assuming its the same, can't really watch videos at work), its not edited
[/quote]

Yeah it's on Yahoo now, who said they picked up from Youtube. The anonymous poster even goes as far to say he is "A software developer," and tried to "fix" the problem. In my mind I know it's a bogus story by some guy trying to get attention. If you read the rest of the story you will see he tried all kinds of ways to still vote for Obama, and that he eventually was able to click on Obama's name. Why didn't he tape all that? Bogus, it's a shame something like this is posted so that if the election goes one way or another there is an excuse.

So, wait, the fact that his finger just "freezes" for about a second to 2 seconds (as in doesn't even move slightly) while it is moving the whole rest of the video... and because the "guy" that posted the edited video says on a website it wasn't edited... oh yeah, and the same guy is taking a 1/2 day off work to go home so he can "start responding to the media"...

Check. Seems legit to me.

Bullshit... I'm almost throwing up in my mouth just thinking about the chance this damn election could drag on for a couple months... Please, lord, no - just declare somebody.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1352228196' post='1178221']
So, wait, the fact that his finger just "freezes" for about a second to 2 seconds (as in doesn't even move slightly) while it is moving the whole rest of the video... and because the "guy" that posted the edited video says on a website it wasn't edited... oh yeah, and the same guy is taking a 1/2 day off work to go home so he can "start responding to the media"...

[/quote]

He said the raw footage was available to anyone who wants it...why don't you send him a request, or did you make up your mind already?

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1352228296' post='1178222']
He said the raw footage was available to anyone who wants it...why don't you send him a request, or did you make up your mind already?
[/quote]

How would you know it was the raw footage? Seriously... I request it and he sends me a video file. How do I know its raw and hasn't already been edited?

Well I'm not here to defend him. I just frequent that site a lot. They have a solid verification process and routinely have celebrities or high profile journalists, politicians come on and answer questions. There whole website is dedicated to discussion, create an account and call bullshit. If you stick around long enough and ask enough questions it will be clear if you are right or wrong.

The mods verified the poster has the actual footage and that CNN has contacted him. Having been a member of that site for a long time, my judgement is in favor of their verification policies.

Millions of electronic voting machines and one malfunctions. Even if you manufacture to a true Six Sigma (which if you're familiar with manufacturing is really 4.5 sigma) that means one out of every million machines will malfunction or be miscalibrated. This is only news because the person who used one happened to take a video.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352228679' post='1178226']
Millions of electronic voting machines and one malfunctions. Even if you manufacture to a true Six Sigma (which if you're familiar with manufacturing is really 4.5 sigma) that means one out of every million machines will malfunction or be miscalibrated. This is only news because the person who used one happened to take a video.
[/quote]

Not only that, but the fact he makes mention of asking for help, and some little old lady who knows diddly squat about technology gives him the rub off is silly. I know someone with more technology experience than me can probably point out, that without being to able get into the program to change calibrations, there is no way this guy could "try to fix," that machine. I've used ones where you go into calibration and it makes you hit the screen in different places so it can adjust settings.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1352228676' post='1178225']
Well I'm not here to defend him. I just frequent that site a lot. They have a solid verification process and routinely have celebrities or high profile journalists, politicians come on and answer questions. There whole website is dedicated to discussion, create an account and call bullshit. If you stick around long enough and ask enough questions it will be clear if you are right or wrong.

The mods verified the poster has the actual footage and that CNN has contacted him. Having been a member of that site for a long time, my judgement is in favor of their verification policies.
[/quote]

I guess what I'm saying has come across wrong. I'm not automatically saying it is false, I'm just not ready to believe its true. i could give a crap less either way as long as they declare a winner tonight and don't prolong it.

My only points were that there appeared to be inconsistency in the video, he goes to a website to profess it's legitimacy, and then is heading home to handle media needs. On first glance it appears to be a glory hound looking for his 30 seconds. It could completely be legitimate - just on the most topical of items it appears all a ploy.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1352229652' post='1178231']
I guess what I'm saying has come across wrong. I'm not automatically saying it is false, I'm just not ready to believe its true. i could give a crap less either way as long as they declare a winner tonight and don't prolong it.

My only points were that there appeared to be inconsistency in the video, he goes to a website to profess it's legitimacy, and then is heading home to handle media needs. On first glance it appears to be a glory hound looking for his 30 seconds. It could completely be legitimate - just on the most topical of items it appears all a ploy.
[/quote]

Well in the effort of fairness that site is where one would go to look for their 30 seconds of fame. Things flair up and go away in 24 hours there. A funny photo or caption can capture the admiration of tens of thousands across the globe during the course of a work day and hive mind is very alive there.

But its also a good platform for average joes to spread that word about, well anything, and have it read by thousands and thousands of people. The more people that find the information of use, the more upvotes it gets and the more people its exposed too. People can downvote entries as well. Its almost like mini-internet-post-capitalism. If you go to the main politics page or [url="http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/12qac1/special_mod_announcement_1_its_election_day_go/"]here[/url] there is a banner up top that states Al Jazeera is interested in the "community's" response to the election. Often times stories such as "Todd Akin's "legitimate rape comments" are broken here hours before they are picked up by national news.

So again, I haven't even watched the video so I have no idea what to think about it, but don't sell reddit.com short. If its real there will be more than enough evidence linked (after enough time, it may take days for the OP to present the necessary validations) for everyone to come to the same conclusion, and if its fake it will be labeled as such and ostracized.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1352228196' post='1178221']

Bullshit... I'm almost throwing up in my mouth just thinking about the chance this damn election could drag on for a couple months... Please, lord, no - just declare somebody.
[/quote]

I want them to tie and have to be co-presidents and hold hands for four years (like on the Simpsons).

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1352252263' post='1178341']
I want them to tie and have to be co-presidents and hold hands for four years (like on the Simpsons).
[/quote]
That'd be cool. Obama could play basketball and awfully pick the NCAA tournament and Mitt could knit or play polo or whatever rich dudes do.

I didn't vote for Obama cause he went chalk on one of his NCAA brackets. Lame as fuck.

Found the Simpsons picture:

[img]http://paulsawchuk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/treehouse10.jpg[/img]

Being presidents together is cool.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352228679' post='1178226']
[/quote]

I love your logic here. You think that one machine that miscalculated happened to also be the one that got video'd. What are the odds of that? Are there really millions being used?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1352254279' post='1178346']

I love your logic here. You think that one machine that miscalculated happened to also be the one that got video'd. What are the odds of that? Are there really millions being used?
[/quote]

I also don't buy into craptastic conspiracy theories.

Jamie - I want that to happen solely for the 4 years of comedy.

Archived