Halo 4

Tigris

I wasn't planning on getting it.

I'm really tired of shooters, and the "Halo" name just doesn't get me excited as much as it used to, and I really wasn't expecting this one to be that good.

But then I started reading reviews, and talking to friends about it, and it seems like it's much better than I anticipated it'd be.

Sooooo, I'll probably end up picking it up tonight.

Kind of shame, because I really, really want to get X-Com. Guess that one will have to wait.

It's good. The suit specialty things like the jet pack and such don't help us much as far as I can tell. The jet pack isn't nearly as effective; not even close. There's this thing called Promethean Vision or something like that. It's like an X-ray vision of the map where you can see through walls and weapons, cars, etc. They still have the camo but the Promethean Vision really combats it well. There's a thrust specialty suit but I've not yet used it. I can't get myself to stop using Promethean.

Maps are decent. They could be way better and way worse I imagine. Weapons are great. Got some new ones, some OLD ones... it's a good mix.

Archived