2013 Draft and Free Agency

Anyone remember who we got these 7th rounders for?    Benson, Fanene, Rucker, Caldwell, Simpson? I can't remember if those were all last year....

I think Fragel will end up being a good one in 2-3 years if we can keep him on the PS/active roster long enough to let him develop.

How AFC North teams used comp picks
May, 2, 2013
May 2
4:00
PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Everyone gets excited when compensatory picks are announced in March, but many forget the players who are added because of them. The AFC North teams had seven compensatory picks in the draft and here are the results:

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Fourth round: Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard fullback

Fifth round: Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin offensive lineman

Sixth round: Ryan Jensen, Colorado State-Pueblo

Seventh round: Marc Anthony, California cornerback

Thoughts: The Ravens received compensatory picks in the fourth and fifth rounds after losing guard Ben Grubbs and linebacker Jarret Johnson in free agency last season. The only comp pick who has a chance to play right away is Juszcyk. He will make an immediate impact on special teams and eventually help out on the offense as more of a H-back.

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Seventh round: Reid Fragel, Ohio State offensive tackle

Seventh round: T.J. Johnson, South Carolina center

Thoughts: The Bengals netted two compensatory picks after losing five unrestricted free agents last year (receiver Andre Caldwell, guard Nate Livings, guard Mike McGlynn, defensive end Frostee Rucker and receiver Jerome Simpson) and signing three (cornerback Jason Allen, defensive lineman Jamaal Anderson, and running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis). Fragel is great value for the seventh round. A converted blocking tight end, he could develop into a solid right tackle or guard.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Sixth round: Vince Williams, Florida State inside linebacker

Thoughts: This was a gift compensatory pick. The Steelers received it for cornerback William Gay signing with the Cardinals last year. Arizona cut him this offseason, and the Steelers got him back. Williams has a chance to make an impact down the line. He was a late-round pick because he's run stopper and is only a two-down player. But, with Larry Foote aging and Sean Spence unlikely to play again, Williams has a future in Pittsburgh.

NOTE: The Cleveland Browns didn't receive any compensatory picks this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/69781/how-afc-north-teams-used-comp-picks

Anyone remember who we got these 7th rounders for?    Benson, Fanene, Rucker, Caldwell, Simpson? I can't remember if those were all last year....

Thoughts: The Bengals netted two compensatory picks after losing five unrestricted free agents last year (receiver Andre Caldwell, guard Nate Livings, guard Mike McGlynn, defensive end Frostee Rucker and receiver Jerome Simpson) and signing three (cornerback Jason Allen, defensive lineman Jamaal Anderson, and running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis). Fragel is great value for the seventh round. A converted blocking tight end, he could develop into a solid right tackle or guard.

The answer to your question was in the post you copied.  I highlighted it by changing the text to italicized and underlined.

The answer to your question was in the post you copied.  I highlighted it by changing the text to italicized and underlined.

LOL, thanks... whoops. Reading comprehension (or reading to the end) was never my strong suit.....

It's funny how the Seahawks can completely ignore character a few drafts in a row and get praised for it.

Bengals get shit for taking a chance on UDFAs with character concerns.

To be fair, the Seahawks didn't string together years like the Bengals did in '05-'07 causing the perception to be what it was and still is to a degree.  And it's not like these people are going to do their due diligence to rationalize the Bengals' decisions.  They're lazy.

Archived