2013 Draft and Free Agency

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354038880' post='1185613']

unless he's played better lately, no thanks. HIs own coaches called him soft.
[/quote]
I haven't followed college football real close this year so I haven't heard that. Can't find anything on Google either. Only thing I've found is defensive captain saying the whole defense was playing soft in October.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1354039303' post='1185616']
I haven't followed college football real close this year so I haven't heard that. Can't find anything on Google either. Only thing I've found is defensive captain saying the whole defense was playing soft in October.
[/quote]

I forget if it was richt or his position coach, but he was specifically called soft, and from the games earlier in the season I watched, I'd agree. Doesn't attack the line of scrimmage.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354039380' post='1185617']

I forget if it was richt or his position coach, but he was specifically called soft, and from the games earlier in the season I watched, I'd agree. Doesn't attack the line of scrimmage.
[/quote]
All the quotes from coaches I've found said he is special and ridiculously fast. I haven't watched much of him but from the few highlights he's blowing people up in the backfield quite often. He was suspended for the first 4 games (not sure why) but still leads team in tackles.

Yeah, what I've seen of Ogletree is that he's a monster....don't see the "soft" label when watching him. Sure his coaches see more of him than I do though.

And let's just clear one thing up real quick.....there is no player on the Bengals named GATHERS. It's Geathers.....spelling and pronunciation. K thanks.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354040377' post='1185631']
Yeah, what I've seen of Ogletree is that he's a monster....don't see the "soft" label when watching him. Sure his coaches see more of him than I do though.

And let's just clear one thing up real quick.....there is no player on the Bengals named GATHERS. It's Geathers.....spelling and pronunciation. K thanks.
[/quote]

That's kind of funny...I keep thinking of our drafted S as IKOTA because of your nic,

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354040377' post='1185631']

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJ4zrB41mg

We should try to re-sign Andre Smith and Michael Johnson as our highest offseason priorities. It would be nice if we could get Dunlap or Atkins extended too. The Bengals won't be adding anyone expensive from another team. I expect we cut ties with vets like Scott, Faine, Lee, Maualuga, Clements, Crocker, plus maybe Nugent, Geathers, Newman or Allen. We'll probably try to re-sign both of Lawson and Howard, ask Geathers for a major paycut, and get a deal done with Nugent. Newman and Jones have proven they are still serviceable NFL CBs so they can probably get more money elsewhere.

Burfict will probably move to the middle so I'll guess we draft an OLB in the first round, adding a strong safety and fast rb in the second.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1354042030' post='1185654']
We should try to re-sign Andre Smith and Michael Johnson as our highest offseason priorities. It would be nice if we could get Dunlap or Atkins extended too. The Bengals won't be adding anyone expensive from another team. I expect we cut ties with vets like Scott, Faine, Lee, Maualuga, Clements, Crocker, plus maybe Nugent, Geathers, Newman or Allen. We'll probably try to re-sign both of Lawson and Howard, ask Geathers for a major paycut, and get a deal done with Nugent. Newman and Jones have proven they are still serviceable NFL CBs so they can probably get more money elsewhere.

Burfict will probably move to the middle so I'll guess we draft an OLB in the first round, adding a strong safety and fast rb in the second.
[/quote]

I agree with all of this (though I would not be surprised if they let Geathers go all together) except I want to keep Adam Jones he's playing really good football right now.

[/quote]

I doubt Lawson. They already tried to replace him last year, offering Kameron Wimbley a decent contract.

[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1354042498' post='1185661']
I really hope we can keep Pacman. A fully healthy Hall, Jones and Kirkpatrick could have us right back to the days of Hall and JJoe.
[/quote]

don't think it will be an issue. He loves it here, the coaches like him, and at age 30 I don't think there will be a high deman for him.

They'll also have Ghee and Prater back next year.

Jones still shows his speed and agility on punt returns. He's had injury problems during his career but if he stays healthy will be 2 years away from his neck problem. He's generally been a good citizen off the field so I think there will be a team willing to pay him several mil per year as their nickelback/slot CB. Newman might have bought himself a new 2 year deal somewhere too. The Bengals don't have an elite CB but have a flock of adequate ones which is more than most teams can say. If Allen can get healthy and looks decent, then he'll be the insurance policy if Newman and/or Jones leave. If they both go we'll probably keep Allen (if healthy at end of training camp) while drafting a CB in the mid rounds. Ghee hasn't shown any ability to stay healthy nor has Prater.

I think the team will expect Hall to be further healed next season and serve as #1 with Kirkpatrick as #2. They'll try to keep Jones or Newman as the nickelback. Clements will probably leave but might be back on a reduced price safety contract. Allen is the insurance they hope not to need. Ghee and Prater are lottery tickets.

[/quote]

I think we'll bring Rey back well before we even think about Howard or Lawson. I also think Clements and Geathers return. Scott, Faine, Lee and Allen I agree with. I also agree that MJ and Tits are the priority guys.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354049703' post='1185724']
what am I missing on Alec Ogletree?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBD3yxwYZ9o[/media]
[/quote]

You may not necessarily be missing anything at all. Your opinion is formed by what you have seen of him and how you interpret his play. I saw him only during 2 games this year....the last one being 2 wks ago and what I saw of him, he looked damn good. But again, simply going off of what I've seen which is not much.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354050095' post='1185730']
You may not necessarily be missing anything at all. Your opinion is formed by what you have seen of him and how you interpret his play. I saw him only during 2 games this year....the last one being 2 wks ago and what I saw of him, he looked damn good. But again, simply going off of what I've seen which is not much.
[/quote]

which games?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354049703' post='1185724']
what am I missing on Alec Ogletree?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBD3yxwYZ9o[/media]
[/quote]

That video makes him look awful. Very soft. No aggressiveness or no suddenness to him. No attempts to even shed blockers. He concedes. I think this is a lowlight video of him someone made.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354050271' post='1185734']
That video makes him look awful. Very soft. No aggressiveness or no suddenness to him. No attempts to even shed blockers. He concedes. [b]I think this is a lowlight video of him someone made.[/b]
[/quote]

fyi these are typically every play from the game, not just cherry picked ones.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1354038745' post='1185608']
Gimme Alec Ogletree from Georgia in the first. Freak athlete and can play all 3 linebacker positions. We have a pretty good track record with Georgia guys.
[/quote]

I love Ogletree. Bad ass.

I won't kid anyone and pretend to watch all Georgia film. I've tuned in a couple times mostly to take a look a Moss(??) and it's Ogletree you end up noticing in a good way. Small sample.

Archived