Choo for Stubbs and Gregorious!!!

Jason

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I like the move. Should really help the offense. Stubbs strikeouts around 33 percent of the time for his career. Choo is only at 24 percent. If Choo plays a full season that would be about 50 to 55 less strikeouts a year. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1355268410' post='1191833']
[font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I like the move. Should really help the offense. Stubbs strikeouts around 33 percent of the time for his career. Choo is only at 24 percent. If Choo plays a full season that would be about 50 to 55 less strikeouts a year. [/font]
[/quote]

I'll just be happy to not have to pitch against him anymore...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355261542' post='1191800']

yea he's only got 83 innings in center, but I saw one writer tweet about how GABP being a small park will help him as there's less ground to cover.
[/quote]

As a Tribe fan, I will be sad to see him go but he is a Boras client and there is zero chance of resigning him. It will be interesting to see him in CF. He has an absolute cannon of an arm but takes the worst routes imaginable. How good is Gregorius? The rumor is that we are going to flip him to AZ for Trevor Bauer or Tyler Skaggs. Is he any good?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1355277036' post='1191859']
I know nothing of Donald or Choo, are either of them leadoff hitters?
[/quote]

Not really. Donald sucks. He is a utility guy at best, though he couldn't hack it as the Indians util guy in 94 loss season. Choo thrived when he was our lead off hitter but he isn't your prototypical slap hitting lead off guy. He has a high OBP and is good for 20HR and SB per year

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1355277036' post='1191859']
I know nothing of Donald or Choo, are either of them leadoff hitters?
[/quote]

I would have to imagine Choo will bat leadoff next year. Not a speedster per say, but a very good OBP and average hitter.

Last year in the leadoff role (400 ABs) he hit .310 with a .389 OBP. About 100 points higher then our leadoff hitters last year.

From 2008-2010 he hit over .300 ever year with an OBP over .394 every year. 2011 he had a bad injury plagued year, but last year he put up very good stats as well.

Has pop as well and in GABP should hit 20-25 HRs if he stays healthy.

not a fan.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/bradjohansen"][b]Brad Johansen[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]bradjohansen[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
More Jocketty: [b]"it's fair to say this is a one year deal.[/b] We hope Billy Hamilton will be ready after this."[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355282690' post='1191877']
not a fan.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/bradjohansen"][b]Brad Johansen[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]bradjohansen[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]More Jocketty: [b]"it's fair to say this is a one year deal.[/b] We hope Billy Hamilton will be ready after this."[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Im a little confused why you dont like it. You have to be the only one of the 1000 reds fans i saw talking about this trade. Not ripping on you, just curious why you dont like it.

Cozart is under team control for 5 more years. Didi might a little slicker with the glove, but no one knows if he has a ML bat.
Stubbs is stubbs. He might put together a good year now that he has change of scenery, but Choo had over 100 points higher OBP than Stubbs. That takes them from the worst leadoff to close to the top.

Money is pretty much even since they are giving us back 3.5M. They obviously think Hamilton would be ready in 2014, so would you rather have Stubbs one more year and Didi in AAA and then have hamilton take over CF and get rid of stubbs next year while struggling at lead off again, or take Choo for a year and instantly enhance our lineup and strengthen by far our biggest weakness in 2012. Not to mention get another LH bat.

This is a win win all around for us, but id be interested in hearing your take.

Archived