Gun law debate

The_Joker

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1355861152' post='1195320']
I agree with that. The kids with the issues seem to always feel like they are an outcast and don't belong. Something like marching band and other after school activities are a great outlet since in additon to the skills learned they feel like they belong to something. It's too bad things like that are always on the chopping block.
[/quote]

Now if only we could convince the "T(axed) E(nough) A(lready)" types...

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1355861425' post='1195323']

Let's outlaw small towns.
[/quote]

Better yet..Outlaw OG's and pimp playas' they are a burden on our society anyway. The majority end up paying for their illegitimate kids anyway. Baby and baby mama got to eatz. (my fault again somehow) Lets take that money and pay for school security.

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1355863832' post='1195341']
[b]Better yet..Outlaw OG's and pimp playas' they are a burden on our society anyway. The majority end up paying for their illegitimate kids anyway. Baby and baby mama got to eatz. (my fault again somehow) Lets take that money and pay for school security.[/b]
[/quote]

Bolded for abject stupidity!

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1355866144' post='1195357']
Holy shit, this thread went from talking about protecting kids in schools to racist jabs in a short time.
[/quote]
Race was never mentioned, all colors can fit this description. Makes as much sense as outlawing small town schools. Just making a point for sois, I am not his "homie". I guess it's a maturity thang you don't understand...

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1355869332' post='1195382']
Race was never mentioned, all colors can fit this description. Makes as much sense as outlawing small town schools. Just making a point for sois, I am not his "homie". I guess it's a maturity thang you don't understand...
[/quote]

I bet your ass is jealous of all the shit coming out of your mouth!

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1355863832' post='1195341']
Better yet..Outlaw OG's and pimp playas' they are a burden on our society anyway. The majority end up paying for their illegitimate kids anyway. Baby and baby mama got to eatz. (my fault again somehow) Lets take that money and pay for school security.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're a dick..

[/quote]

Maturity thang huh? I think a form maturity is achieved when you are willing to be intellectually honest with yourself. You sir, are not matured yet in this. Look at what you posted and tell me this is racially ambiguous by your intent? You're not lying to me because I see through it...easily. Are you being honest with yourself? Look at your post and tell me your intent was not to be a prejudiced ass:
[quote][b]Better yet..Outlaw OG's and pimp playas' they are a burden on our society anyway. The majority end up paying for their illegitimate kids anyway. Baby and baby mama got to eatz. (my fault again somehow) Lets take that money and pay for school security.[/b][/quote]

Count me in for gun control. IF gun control can be properly enforced. Any new law created without teeth is as worthless as the paper upon which the document is wrote. Mentally unstable individuals should not be able to purchase or have guns available in the house they reside. While working law enforcement, everyone I worked with was required on an annual basis to undergo evaluation. Yet the common person who carries nobody seems to mind or even check if they have issues. Take that into account when considering how many of these mass shootings involved people who have psychiatric issues and have purchased or had guns available in their domicile.

If a person is against gun control I only ask that they consider proper enforcement, one additional background check, and not the total removal of arms from every home.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country[/url]

[url="http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/transparency.jpeg"]http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/transparency.jpeg[/url]

[url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list[/url]

[url="http://www.top5ofanything.com/index.php?h=c031116b"]http://www.top5ofanything.com/index.php?h=c031116b[/url]

I have a whole bunch of mice in my basement. Clearly the only way to get those mice out is to buy an even greater number of snakes to catch the mice. At which point we will then buy a great number lizards to kill the snakes. Then we will buy cats to kill the lizards. This plan is flawless. You need more guns to protect from people with guns....said the man selling the guns.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1356116179' post='1196153']
Count me in for gun control. IF gun control can be properly enforced. Any new law created without teeth is as worthless as the paper upon which the document is wrote. Mentally unstable individuals should not be able to purchase or have guns available in the house they reside. While working law enforcement, everyone I worked with was required on an annual basis to undergo evaluation. Yet the common person who carries nobody seems to mind or even check if they have issues. Take that into account when considering how many of these mass shootings involved people who have psychiatric issues and have purchased or had guns available in their domicile.

If a person is against gun control I only ask that they consider proper enforcement, one additional background check, and not the total removal of arms from every home.
[/quote]
I would agree here, again as a partial fix to the multi faceted issue. I am not or ever had been a member of the NRA. However, I tend to agree with some of what was said today. Protect our children was the message and they are being roasted by the media. As much as I agree with a tighter law on gun ownership, there are still millions of guns in circulation that no one can do anything about. We have to protect and defend the children. We have air marshalls on many flights doing the same thing.
And for those on this topic that think my comments are racist go fuck yourself. You don't know anything about me. However I will say, I don't care what color anyone is. Just speak like a normal human and pull your weight in society. I despise supporting your lifestyle regardless your skin color. If that offends you, I don't care. If your offended then you're probably part of the problem in this country, so keep making babies I will feed them for you.

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1356151463' post='1196289']
I would agree here, again as a partial fix to the multi faceted issue. I am not or ever had been a member of the NRA. However, I tend to agree with some of what was said today. Protect our children was the message and they are being roasted by the media. As much as I agree with a tighter law on gun ownership, there are still millions of guns in circulation that no one can do anything about. We have to protect and defend the children. We have air marshalls on many flights doing the same thing.
And for those on this topic that think my comments are racist go fuck yourself. You don't know anything about me. However I will say, I don't care what color anyone is. Just speak like a normal human and pull your weight in society. I despise supporting your lifestyle regardless your skin color. If that offends you, I don't care. If your offended then you're probably part of the problem in this country, so keep making babies I will feed them for you.
[/quote]

This is a man that deserves the ignore list. That is if you think anyone with such neanderthal thought is a man.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1356208239' post='1196364']
Come on Joker, truth can not be spoken back here. You must follow the strict leftist politically correct guidelines or be burned at the stake.
[/quote]

Man, there is no more burning at the stake! We simply tell other conservatives that that you have moderate thoughts and they take care of you! :)

Racism aside, there is a large amount of truth in what Joker is implying...which is that the vast majority of gun-related violence is generated in inner cities, trailer parks, anywhere there is a plethora of poverty, drugs, gangs, etc. Look it up. It is a FACT.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1356235796' post='1196435']
Racism aside, there is a large amount of truth in what Joker is implying...which is that the vast majority of gun-related violence is generated in inner cities, trailer parks, anywhere there is a plethora of poverty, drugs, gangs, etc. Look it up. It is a FACT.
[/quote]

Whats your point?

Step 1: define "responsible gun ownership." To have a gun license you must:[list]
[*]attend safety/training courses
[*]score adequately on a test
[*]psych evaluation says ok
[*]pay fees
[*]re-test every five years
[*]senility or inability to control your weapons loses you your license
[*]no license? no gun. you may sell it to a licensed individual or the feds will buy it back with money from step 2
[/list]
Step 2: tax the crap out of new guns, bullets, and bullet-making materials

Step 3: failing to responsibly own your gun makes you a liable accomplice if your weapon is used in a crime or simply liable if discharged accidentally. I don't care if it was stolen; you need to be responsible with this shit. Get a safe; get bars on your windows; it's [i]your [/i]responsibility to ensure [i]your[/i] guns don't get used for crime.

Step 4: using a loaded or unloaded firearm to commit a crime gets you some ridiculous minimum sentence...I dunno, 20 or 30 years.

Step 5: make room in the prisons by releasing minor drug offenders

Step 6: pimpslap anyone who says "criminals simply won't follow these rules." Criminals don't follow the law [i]by definition[/i], idiot. Just because some assholes drive without a license, should we eliminate the driving license requirement? FUCK NO.

None of this can happen at the federal level nor at the state level without a constitutional amendment, though. So don't worry, gun lovers.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1356269940' post='1196467']
Step 1: define "responsible gun ownership." To have a gun license you must:[list]
[*]attend safety/training courses
[*]score adequately on a test
[*]psych evaluation says ok
[*]pay fees
[*]re-test every five years
[*]senility or inability to control your weapons loses you your license
[*]no license? no gun. you may sell it to a licensed individual or the feds will buy it back with money from step 2
[/list]
Step 2: tax the crap out of new guns, bullets, and bullet-making materials

Step 3: failing to responsibly own your gun makes you a liable accomplice if your weapon is used in a crime or simply liable if discharged accidentally. I don't care if it was stolen; you need to be responsible with this shit. Get a safe; get bars on your windows; it's [i]your [/i]responsibility to ensure [i]your[/i] guns don't get used for crime.

Step 4: using a loaded or unloaded firearm to commit a crime gets you some ridiculous minimum sentence...I dunno, 20 or 30 years.

Step 5: make room in the prisons by releasing minor drug offenders

Step 6: pimpslap anyone who says "criminals simply won't follow these rules." Criminals don't follow the law [i]by definition[/i], idiot. Just because some assholes drive without a license, should we eliminate the driving license requirement? FUCK NO.

None of this can happen at the federal level nor at the state level without a constitutional amendment, though. So don't worry, gun lovers.
[/quote]
I agree pretty much with everything you say here, except number 2. With all the other requirements and restrictions you listed, making it financially onerous to purchase guns and ammunition seems like overkill to me. I'd also add get rid of all gun shows and have gun purchases strictly limited to mortar and brick licensed dealers, whom are subject to federal oversight. I think that will help prevent straw purchases.

Archived