Who has guns?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a gun?

• No
    • Yes
    • Multiple guns
    • I own an assault rifle

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1358367121' post='1208618']

You're going to come up with something more reputiable than a video from Alex "1776 is coming" Jones.
[/quote]
Um did he not shoot down the drone? Please correct me if I'm wrong that he shot down the drone, thus proving it's possible. Read the news articles if you're still skeptical.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1358367226' post='1208619']
I don't think it's likely either but I don't see that as a reason to let it fade into the mists of time. Personally I don't believe that Americans are as soft as you do either. Historically we have always been willing to fight for change. The 60s were a time of massive social upheaval - not a violent revolution, but sweeping changes that were seen as irrelevant or impossible in the 50s. The Civil War was an entire nation in violent conflict with itself over what each side believed in (slavery was a symbolic issue, not the root cause). If it can happen anywhere, it can and will happen here.
[/quote]

Right but that was peaceful social upheaval, we havent seen the violent stuff since Jimmy Hoffa.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358367545' post='1208623']
And you just have.
the problem I think you are having is that you believe your own personal reality to be the true reality and in a globalized economy that's simply no longer the case and sometimes your reality is the least real thing in this world. The way you perceive this world to be just isn't so for the majority of the people on this planet.
[/quote]

WAT? No, I'm looking at our nation comparatively and coming to a conclusion that it's not bad here.

Look at countries where this is actual civil strife. Does our country resemble it at all? Do we have the same daily concerns as dudes in Syria? What is our daily casualty count? When is the last time you had to scavenge for running water or food?

We are not the country people are shedding tears over. We are the king.

It seems you are the one who doesn't know what's going on in the world. We are awesome.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1358367357' post='1208622']

I just feel the climate is wrong for any meaningful change. There is too much indifference.
[/quote]
I think you're just too lazy to actually do something about issues you say you feel very strongly about. You're just like the people you are complaining about. Anyone can say there's indifference from their living room. Get out in the street, take up a soap box, start a letter writing campaign to your congressman. Do something before you write off America as indifferent.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358367654' post='1208624']
Um did he not shoot down the drone? Please correct me if I'm wrong that he shot down the drone, thus proving it's possible. Read the news articles if you're still skeptical.
[/quote]

I dont know. I tend not to believe anything Alex Jones says, I mean this is the guy who thinks that the government is creating FEMA camps to house us all in when this "end game" comes, so since you brought is up I'm asking for you to provide me something from some reputiable source. Hell I'd even take a FoxNews article about it.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358367545' post='1208623']
And you just have.
the problem I think you are having is that you believe your own personal reality to be the true reality and in a globalized economy that's simply no longer the case and sometimes your reality is the least real thing in this world. The way you perceive this world to be[b] just isn't so for the majority of the people on this planet.[/b]
[/quote]

But it is for the majority of Americans.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358367868' post='1208627']
I think you're just too lazy to actually do something about issues you say you feel very strongly about. You're just like the people you are complaining about. Anyone can say there's indifference from their living room. Get out in the street, take up a soap box, start a letter writing campaign to your congressman. Do something before you write off America as indifferent.
[/quote]

I do not feel strongly about any issues, except Bengals & Texas Tech football.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1358367770' post='1208626']

WAT? No, I'm looking at our nation comparatively and coming to a conclusion that it's not bad here.

Look at countries where this is actual civil strife. Does our country resemble it at all? Do we have the same daily concerns as dudes in Syria? What is our daily casualty count? When is the last time you had to scavenge for running water or food?

We are not the country people are shedding tears over. We are the king.

It seems you are the one who doesn't know what's going on in the world. We are awesome.
[/quote]
Ask a guy from Brazil what he thinks about it and he'll probably have a different answer, thus a different reality. I'm saying reality is perception and perception is completely up to an individual, so don't try to force your perception of reality on me.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358368021' post='1208631']
Ask a guy from Brazil what he thinks about it and he'll probably have a different answer, thus a different reality. I'm saying reality is perception and perception is completely up to an individual, so don't try to force your perception of reality on me.
[/quote]

Ok, well add all 7 billion opinions up and look at the numbers.

Do you seriously think people would say "oh those poor americans and their oppresive o'bama, he is going to take their guns!"

Yeah. I'm sure it's at the top of the list.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1358367894' post='1208628']

I dont know. I tend not to believe anything Alex Jones says, I mean this is the guy who thinks that the government is creating FEMA camps to house us all in when this "end game" comes, so since you brought is up I'm asking for you to provide me something from some reputiable source. Hell I'd even take a FoxNews article about it.
[/quote]
Google has the articles and it will take you less time to search there than it would for me to post one

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1358368135' post='1208633']

Ok, well add all 7 billion opinions up and look at the numbers.

Do you seriously think people would say "oh those poor americans and their oppresive o'bama, he is going to take their guns!"

Yeah. I'm sure it's at the top of the list.
[/quote]
I'm not even sure what your point is anymore

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1358367972' post='1208629']

But it is for the majority of Americans.
[/quote]
But in our globalized economy America can no longer act like the big bully on the block that only had to worry about No. 1. The things our government has done in other countries has not been forgotten by anybody but us and when China takes our seat as THE world power we better have our ducks in a row stateside because things could get ugly real quick and all those foreigners may not see any good reason to take pity on us. Right now our military is fighting never ending wars around the globe to prevent that. There's another way that won't make the rest of the world hate us though and that has to start with our social policies at home.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358368288' post='1208634']
Google has the articles and it will take you less time to search there than it would for me to post one

I'm not even sure what your point is anymore
[/quote]

My point is the oppression you are feeling is minor compare to the normal world citizen.

Ok, I just had an epiphany and I know how to solve all of these problems. Obama needs to sign an executive order declaring the entire country a crime free zone and put these signs I just designed up everywhere.

[img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3198/crimefreezone.jpg[/img]

You're welcome.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358368629' post='1208636']
But in our globalized economy America can no longer act like the big bully on the block that only had to worry about No. 1. The things our government has done in other countries has not been forgotten by anybody but us and when China takes our seat as THE world power we better have our ducks in a row stateside because things could get ugly real quick and all those foreigners may not see any good reason to take pity on us. Right now our military is fighting never ending wars around the globe to prevent that. There's another way that won't make the rest of the world hate us though and that has to start with our social policies at home.
[/quote]

I'm not completely convinced China is the next super-power. Much of their labor force is reliant on our consumers buying their cheap shit and the tide in that is turing back to the US making cheap shit again, sadly though our labor force in this area is being replaced by robotics so its not like were bringing back these jobs for our people.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1358368781' post='1208638']

My point is the oppression you are feeling is minor compare to the normal world citizen.
[/quote]
And that makes it ok to you? So if I cut off your arm but then cut off both of Jamie's arms and his legs, I won't hear any complaints from you because Jamie is much worse off? do you really only base your standard of life off of what your neighbor's is? I'm all about the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness and if my government is infringing on those rights I have, then I'm going to grumble about it.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1358368894' post='1208640']
Ok, I just had an epiphany and I know how to solve all of these problems. Obama needs to sign an executive order declaring the entire country a crime free zone and put these signs I just designed up everywhere.

[img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3198/crimefreezone.jpg[/img]

You're welcome.
[/quote]

No what needs to happen is we need to not only arm our teachers, but Toys-R-Us needs to have an NRA section and sell actual guns to kids, because since the fact of the matter is that Columbine had an armed guard, clearly the real answer is the complete and total proliferation option.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1358368831' post='1208639']

You made the accusation, you post the article.
[/quote]
I made no accusations. I said that there is proof that drones have been shot down on American soil. I know it's there, and anybody with two eyes and an internet connection can know it too. Whether or not you choose to seek the truth or not is entirely up to you.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1358369262' post='1208646']
I made no accusations. I said that there is proof that drones have been shot down on American soil. I know it's there, and anybody with two eyes and an internet connection can know it too. Whether or not you choose to seek the truth or not is entirely up to you.
[/quote]

I'm saying I've never seen or heard of this, your saying it happened, I'm saying I looked for it and the only person saying it happened from what I can see is some wing-bat loony toones talk up a scare storm so I get ratings and thus dollars guy, if you have something from someone else provide it, I'm not sure why thats even a arguing point.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1358369043' post='1208642']

I'm not completely convinced China is the next super-power. Much of their labor force is reliant on our consumers buying their cheap shit and the tide in that is turing back to the US making cheap shit again, sadly though our labor force in this area is being replaced by robotics so its not like were bringing back these jobs for our people.
[/quote]
What tide is turning and where? I've heard nothing of this. And China doesn't just make our shit, it makes everybody's shit. The dollar is continuing to drop in value while the yen gains in strength. When most of the world's business is done in China and the common currency (the dollar) is becoming less stable by the day, it will only be a matter of time before we're all trading in yen, and other countries start recalling our debts. That's when China takes over as the world power while we are stuck trying to dig out of the hole the baby boomers got us into.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1358369402' post='1208647']

I'm saying I've never seen or heard of this, your saying it happened, I'm saying I looked for it and the only person saying it happened from what I can see is some wing-bat loony toones talk up a scare storm so I get ratings and thus dollars guy, if you have something from someone else provide it, I'm not sure why thats even a arguing point.
[/quote]
The reason you only found one thing is because you stopped looking after one. it's readily available info from multiple sources and if you're too lazy to click a few mouse buttons and type a few words then I'm not going to waste time posting articles you really have no interest in reading other than to try and argue their validity.

[url="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/15/nra-airs-new-tv-ad-criticizing-obama-on-eve-of-white-house-gun-announcement/?hpt=hp_t1"]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/15/nra-airs-new-tv-ad-criticizing-obama-on-eve-of-white-house-gun-announcement/?hpt=hp_t1[/url]

[b]Washington (CNN) - [/b]The National Rifle Association released a new television commercial Tuesday night charging President Barack Obama of hypocrisy for being "skeptical" about placing armed guards at schools, while his own two daughters are protected by the U.S. Secret Service.
"Are the president's kids more important than yours?" a narrator says in the 30 second ad. "Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools, when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school."

The commercial is running on the Sportsman Channel, a cable network focused on outdoors programming such as hunting and fishing. It is also posted on a dedicated [url="http://nrastandandfight.com/"]web site "Stand and Fight." [/url]
On Wednesday, Obama is set to unveil a new set of proposals that would place very tough restrictions on the ownership and sale of firearms.
In the ad, the narrator only mentions Obama by name, but it also features images of Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and NBC anchor David Gregory. Bloomberg is an influential voice in favor of stricter gun laws and has dipped into his personal fortune to help fund a lobby campaign, and Feinstein, a California Democrat, is helping spearhead a congressional effort to enforce tougher gun laws.
Gregory questioned NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre in a December interview about the effectiveness of the organization's proposal to put armed guards in schools. After the interview, the NRA and conservative media outlets noted that Gregory's children attended the same school as Obama's daughters and the school has a security department.
"Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes," the narrator says. "But he is just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids and gun-free zones for ours."
The introduction of Obama's children into the gun debate further demonstrates the high stakes in this very complicated and emotional issue about how to weigh Second Amendment rights with the safety of citizens following several high profile killings, including the recent massacre of 20 children and six educators at a Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

Archived