*Edited Title* Houston, you have a problem. You're the Bengals first victim.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356319860' post='1198370']
And a couple of picks and more importantly they lost! Why? Because their D is bad. Would we be able to shut down their offense? Prob not. But we would be able to put up a good amount of points on their defense.
[/quote]

I said I wouldn't want to play them because Brady would pick apart our defense. I am not sure I see your issue with what I wrote. I literally think we could beat anyone in the league but Atl-NE and Denver.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356319858' post='1198369']

May be true. When I have watched Brady he has just been picking people apart and I just don't see this as a defense that dictates things to other teams yet. I do think we are good, but watching the Steelers today they seemed to know our snap counts and not let us do much at all. We seem like a group of very good individual players (Atkins-Johnson-Burfict) but I don't see Zimmer outsmarting peeps.

I always forget how bad they have been this year. Really dropped off.
[/quote]

Brady is a hell of a qb but he's thrown 4 picks in two games. We lead the league in sacks, we are top 5 in yards, only given up 6 Tds the last 7 games. Learn your shit.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356319860' post='1198370']
And a couple of picks and more importantly they lost! Why? Because their D is bad. Would we be able to shut down their offense? Prob not. But we would be able to put up a good amount of points on their defense.
[/quote]

Cincy can also run on them. I think its the perfect matchup to smash it down their throats on both offense and defense.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356320076' post='1198374']
Brady is a hell of a qb but he's thrown 4 picks in two games. We lead the league in sacks, we are top 5 in yards, only given up 6 Tds the last 7 games. Learn your shit.
[/quote]

This is why I had you blocked before...now I remember. You are incapable of disagreement without insult.

Our last 7 games...records of teams we have played is 39 and 66. I think youre a smart guy and I want discussion. Lets do that instead of the insults ok.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1356320023' post='1198372']
What? The Bengals led the game for 55 minutes last year during the regular season and lost by a point due to a field as the game ended?
[/quote]

TJ Yates won't be starting this time.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356320530' post='1198385']

This is why I had you blocked before...now I remember. You are incapable of disagreement without insult.

Our last 7 games...records of teams we have played is 39 and 66. I think youre a smart guy and I want discussion. Lets do that instead of the insults ok.
[/quote]

I've posted stats and reasons but all you keep saying is you think Brady would pick us apart and don't trust out D. I gave you stats showing Brady has been making mistakes. I showed stats of how good our D has been. You haven't given any stats besides that Brady threw 443 yards jn a losing effort where his task was down 28 and he was forced to throw.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1356320701' post='1198389']
TJ Yates won't be starting this time.
[/quote]

It doesnt matter. It was a response to his post that stated the Texans beat the Bengals "pretty easily" the last couple times. And this isnt the same Bengals team either from last year.

The Houston loss today made little sense--normally they would only lose to pass-happy teams. This loss was very much unlike their other 2. However, they clearly aren't playing very well lately.

New England is solid but beatable. Especially with our pass rush, Brady would struggle mightily.

I would prefer not the face the Broncos right away and hope someone else knocks them out. They are the best in the league IMO. Crushing D and brilliant offense, plus a tough stadium to play in

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356320762' post='1198391']
I've posted stats and reasons but all you keep saying is you think Brady would pick us apart and don't trust out D. I gave you stats showing Brady has been making mistakes. I showed stats of how good our D has been. You haven't given any stats besides that Brady threw 443 yards jn a losing effort where his task was down 28 and he was forced to throw.
[/quote]

I must have bypassed those stats. 4 picks in 2 games against the best D in the league and his first bad game. Those 4 put his number at 8 this year. Brady is a stud.

We have been playing some bad teams although I am excited that our D is playing so well.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1356321300' post='1198401']
The Houston loss today made little sense--normally they would only lose to pass-happy teams. This loss was very much unlike their other 2. However, they clearly aren't playing very well lately.

New England is solid but beatable. Especially with our pass rush, Brady would struggle mightily.

I would prefer not the face the Broncos right away and hope someone else knocks them out. They are the best in the league IMO. Crushing D and brilliant offense, plus a tough stadium to play in
[/quote]

This might be an antiquated thought but I envision the Pats doing quick screens to Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead and Edelman(Is he on fancy IR or is he done) and us not being able to handle it. We tend to be really succeptible to screens and passes to the TE. This is what the Pats are great at.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356321409' post='1198405']

I must have bypassed those stats. 4 picks in 2 games against the best D in the league and his first bad game. Those 4 put his number at 8 this year. Brady is a stud.

We have been playing some bad teams although I am excited that our D is playing so well.
[/quote]

Someone else pointed our that all the teams New England has lost to are teams with good defenses like ours. The key to beating Brady is pressure and I showed you a stat that we had the most sacks in the league going into today. Welker will get his catches but Leon has been playing very well on slot receivers this year, ie victor Cruz. I think Jones and Newman would be able to cover Lloyd. Obviously the biggest worry will be Gonzalez and gronk if he's healthy.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356321774' post='1198415']
Someone else pointed our that all the teams New England has lost to are teams with good defenses like ours. The key to beating Brady is pressure and I showed you a stat that we had the most sacks in the league going into today. Welker will get his catches but Leon has been playing very well on slot receivers this year, ie victor Cruz. I think Jones and Newman would be able to cover Lloyd. Obviously the biggest worry will be Gonzalez and gronk if he's healthy.
[/quote]

And I am saying our stats are heightened by playing bad teams. Who knows who is right? I don't know. But calling my opinion worthless is bullshit. I have eyes too bro.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356322351' post='1198423']
And I am saying our stats are heightened by playing bad teams. Who knows who is right? I don't know. But calling my opinion worthless is bullshit. I have eyes too bro.
[/quote]

Discrediting a whole seasons worth of stats because we played a couple bad teams is ridiculous. We have a top 5 defense over a WHOLE 15 games. Not just the last few weeks against bad teams. This includes playing the giants, cowboys, redskins, stealers twice, ravens...its not like we've had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season.

If you dont think we have a good pass rush that isnt an opinion, its just flat out wrong. Being 2nd over the course of the season in sacks proves that we have a good pass rush. If your eyes tell you differently then you arent worth arguing with...(you never specifically said we dont have a good pass rush, but you are essentially inferring it by discrediting that it would help us not get picked apart by brady).

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356322647' post='1198430']
Discrediting a whole seasons worth of stats because we played a couple bad teams is ridiculous. We have a top 5 defense over a WHOLE 15 games. Not just the last few weeks against bad teams. This includes playing the giants, cowboys, redskins, stealers twice, ravens...its not like we've had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season.

If you dont think we have a good pass rush that isnt an opinion, its just flat out wrong. Being 2nd over the course of the season in sacks proves that we have a good pass rush. If your eyes tell you differently then you arent worth arguing with...(you never specifically said we dont have a good pass rush, but you are essentially inferring it by discrediting that it would help us not get picked apart by brady).
[/quote]

Apparently nobody else in the league plays bad teams. Just us.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356322647' post='1198430']

[/quote]

I posted the record over the time that you sited. Its awful.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356323218' post='1198445']
I posted the record over the time that you sited. Its awful.
[/quote]

I think we he a good pass rush.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356323270' post='1198445']
[b]I posted the record over the time that you sited. Its awful.[/b]

I think we he a good pass rush.
[/quote]

Yes, but that was only being the top number 1 defense. Over the whole season we are a top 5 defense. Last year we were a top 5-10 defense as well. Almost every year under zimmer we have been a top 5 or 10 defense. This isnt a new thing.

Once again, im not saying you are wrong to be scared of brady. Im not saying we would shut down brady or prevent him from doing anything offensively.

I just think saying "we couldnt stop them" is a bit ridiculous and I said all the reasons why. At this point if you believe it you believe it. I have the right to say i think your belief is ridiculous though.

My opinion is if we played NE it wouldnt be a game like today, but it wouldnt be a shootout either. Maybe final score 28-24 or something. Depending on who made more plays and who played better D would determine who would win.

NE's offense is way better then ours, but i'd argue our D is way better than theirs. Who knows which one would be more important.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1356323533' post='1198452']
the seahawks certainly seem to be the best NFC team.

On paper, with the way the teams currently are playing, one would think it will be a Broncos vs Seahawks SB
[/quote]

Yeah, but things never end up like they are on paper.

BTW how many 6 seeds have one the SB in the last 8-9 years? At least 3 I think right?

Archived