Terrorists! DAMNIT!!...Bombs Rock London

Lucid

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 05:38 AM']And CNN's website's headline is about a damn hurricane!!
[right][post="111489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well... for the most part americans only care about what happens to america.

World leaders are meeting to discuss relieving African debt, and terrorists bomb the place????
How dare they help the African Infedels!!

I just don't understand anymore.

I thought terrorist attacks were meant to invoke terror, in order to bring light to a conceived "misjustice", and scaring nations into submission. It seems it really is only about killing infedels. I never will understand killing over religion.
<<Of course this could be IRA or any number of orginizations>>

Its time to quit fighting the terrorists! we need a better understanding of their problems, we need to sit down with them and discuss their bad behavior, maybe give them a timeout :angry2:

Fuck that! We need to bomb the fuck out of em! we need to make a parking lot out of Syria and Iran then ask who's next? :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 08:28 AM']Well... for the most part americans only care about what happens to america.
[right][post="111501"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That's bullshit!!
We seem to care about what we're spoon fed to care about.
Out of site....out of mind.
If the media was outraged by this event, I guarantee most of the country would be outraged. We think what we're told to think.

This could have been much worse. Aldgate and Edgeware road are tiny stations. Like literally 60 feet of platform. I think the bombs might have gone off early. The plan was probably to detonate them closer to major stations.

If the blasts had happened at places like Tottenham Court Road, Picadilly, Victoria Street, this would have been in the hundreds already.

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:28 AM']Well... for the most part americans only care about what happens to america.

Yea, that's why we're in Iraq. Americans are selfish now. I wish we were more selfish. Maybe we wouldn't risk life and limb for other countries and get shit on in return.

The thing that made me scream in the car this morning was that I heard on the radio that they're already looking into whether or not Scotland Yard knew anything in advance. We have to blame someone? Hmmm, who should it be? The police, of course!

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:55 AM']I spoke to my mom there this morning. She was saying they had shut down cellular traffic there because there was a theory that cell phones were being used to detonate the devices.
[right][post="111510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Glad to hear your mom's ok.

Thanks man, they're west of the city, near the airport.

Here's the alleged statement from Al-Qaeda. People still have some doubts as it was on a site that's never been used before. And no one's heard of this particular offshoot.

[quote]In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."[/quote]

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:28 AM']Well... for the most part americans only care about what happens to america.

Just so you know... CNN (the channel) broadcast the breaking news minutes after it happened.. And did not leave the coverage (that;s how I learned of it).. I give them props.. .They knew more, faster, than the London Police (they had spokesperson from them on that was still saying only 1 explosion, and may be due to powwer surge)

I was just complaining about the website....

Guest bengalrick
:angry2: england is practically america... reguardless though, its wrong to say we only care about what happens to americans... fuck that...

we get reminded why we're fighting them in iraq and afghanistan... this is an act of desperation... "We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen [b]exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid[/b]."

in other words, "those damn infidels caught us a bunch of times, before we could get off this weak ass attack"...

fuck them bitches...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:25 AM']I'm wondering if this has anything to do w/ London getting the olympic games.
[right][post="111520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

thats what i originally thought... but i now think it has to do w/ the g-8 summit...

[quote name='Hooky' date='Jul 7 2005, 08:52 AM']Yea, that's why we're in Iraq.  Americans are selfish now.  I wish we were more selfish.  Maybe we wouldn't risk life and limb for other countries and get shit on in return.

The thing that made me scream in the car this morning was that I heard on the radio that they're already looking into whether or not Scotland Yard knew anything in advance.  We have to blame someone?  Hmmm, who should it be?  The police, of course!
[right][post="111509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

We went to Iraq to protect our own interests. Look at our history. How many times has this country been outraged when something happened in another country. Hell, when the marine barracks was bombed, people thought it was sad, but that was about it. I was just trying to give an explenation to why this country does not seem to get as worked up about acts like this in other countires.

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:27 AM']We went to Iraq to protect our own interests.  Look at our history.  How many times has this country been outraged when something happened in another country.  Hell, when the marine barracks was bombed, people thought it was sad, but that was about it.  I[b] was just trying to give an explenation to why this country does not seem to get as worked up about acts like this in other countires.[/b][right][post="111524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I do

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:30 AM']I do
[right][post="111526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

As do I. But lets see how much coverage the next bombing in a country ending in -stan gets and how much people give a fuck.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:27 AM'][b]We went to Iraq to protect our own interests.[/b]  Look at our history.  How many times has this country been outraged when something happened in another country.  Hell, when the marine barracks was bombed, people thought it was sad, but that was about it.  I was just trying to give an explenation to why this country does not seem to get as worked up about acts like this in other countires.
[right][post="111524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

we went to war in iraq for many reasons... we went there b/c we felt threatened by wmds and saddams intentions, sanctions weren't working for obvious reasons, un resolutions were being broken and never followed up on, genecide, and instilling a working democracy (hopefully)... they were our interests, but they also were world interests... we will always go off our own interests (hence the kyoto treaty)...

for the most part, your right though and i took it out of context at first... we get much more mad about americans being killed...

This is probably going to end up being Al Queda. But what is Al Queda anymore? Is it the same organization it was 4 years ago? I dont think so. I believe now it is mostly independent cells, that are al queda in name only.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:38 AM']we went to war in iraq for many reasons... we went there b/c we felt threatened by wmds and saddams intentions, sanctions weren't working for obvious reasons, un resolutions were being broken and never followed up on, genecide, and instilling a working democracy (hopefully)... they were our interests, but they also were world interests... we will always go off our own interests (hence the kyoto treaty)...

for the most part, your right though and i took it out of context at first... we get much more mad about americans being killed...
[right][post="111529"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

btw rick, i wasnt implying Oil when i said "our own interests". I was talking more along the lines of how we went into Afghanistan to protect our own interests.

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:40 AM']This is probably going to end up being Al Queda.  But what is Al Queda anymore?  Is it the same organization it was 4 years ago?  I dont think so.  I believe now it is mostly independent cells, that are al queda in name only.
[right][post="111531"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

This is actually EXACTLY what Osama called for... It's called [b]JIHAD[/b]

Damn I hate this shit!!

45 dead. 1,000 wounded. :(

Busy day for Al Qaeda. They also announce that they have executed the Egpytian ambassador to Iraq that they had kidnapped earlier.

[quote]09:30 07Jul2005 AT LEAST 45 KILLED IN LONDON EXPLOSIONS - SKY TV   
09:35 07Jul2005 Some 45 killed, 1,000 wounded in London - Sky TV

LONDON, July 7 (Reuters) - At least 45 people were killed and 1,000 wounded in four blasts that ripped through London's transport network at rush hour on Thursday, Sky TV said.
    Security sources told Reuters people had been killed at all four locations where explosions were heard and they suspected it was a coordinated attack indicating international terrorists were responsible.
((Reporting by Katherine Baldwin; Reuters Messaging:
  Thursday, 07 July 2005 09:30:12RTRS [nL0777165 ] {C}ENDS[/quote]

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:42 AM']This is actually EXACTLY what Osama called for... It's called [b]JIHAD[/b]

Damn I hate this shit!!
[right][post="111533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Osama called for an organizational change? I thought Jihad was a broad term for a holy crusade against 'infidels'

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:45 AM']Osama called for an organizational change?  I thought Jihad was a broad term for a holy crusade against 'infidels'
[right][post="111535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes exactly..

Osama and called for Muslims to rise up and strike against the infidels in the name of Al Queda and Jihad...

He wants random extremists to take up the cause for Al Queda..

Archived