Terrorists! DAMNIT!!...Bombs Rock London

Lucid

I just woke up...I am stunned.
I care deeply about what happens in other countries, especially when a terrorist attack is involved. It just makes me sick that some people on this planet have to be dragged into a civilized life/way of thinking kicking, screaming or dead.
This just proves the point that there is no negotiating with these zealot fuckers--we have to take them out.
I feel absolutely terrible for the horrible way in which these men, women and children were killed.
:(

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:37 AM']I just woke up...I am stunned.

This just proves the point that there is no negotiating with these zealot fuckers--we have to take them out.

:(
[right][post="111544"][/post][/right][/quote]

The problem is these zealot fuckers usually have families and jobs and pay taxes. They dont wear buttons that say "Al Queada"

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:39 AM']The problem is these zealot fuckers usually have families and jobs and pay taxes.  They dont wear buttons that say "Al Queada"
[right][post="111545"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
That just makes it harder to kill them, but kill them we will.

Guest oldschooler

That sucks.

I just hope some good comes from it...
Like maybe more countries realizing that
it isn`t just an American problem.
Are you listening France ? How bout you Germany ? <_<

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:41 AM']That just makes it harder to kill them, but kill them we will.
[right][post="111546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Can we farm it out to the israelis?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:42 AM']That sucks.

I just hope some good comes from it...
Like maybe more countries realizing that
it isn`t just an American problem.
Are you listening France ? How bout you Germany ?  <_<
[right][post="111547"][/post][/right][/quote]

I doubt it, since England is nicknamed "America's Lap Dog" in many countries.

Guest bengalrick
think about this... i heard someone on fox say this, this morning... all the leaders of the biggest countries are at the g8 summit and experiencing this together... this brings the topics from african aid and global warming to terrorism... and emotion could play a part in some more international solidarity for england (and the US)...

this is an important time, and an important message we're trying to send here:
[img]http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050707/capt.lon12307071223.britain_explosion_g8_lon123.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:46 AM']Can we farm it out to the israelis?
[right][post="111548"][/post][/right][/quote]
Not funny. They've got their own problems with this matter.
I have to go to work and put on a happy face.... :mellow:

Guest steggyD
[img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/top.bus.07.ap.jpg.jpg[/img]
What are we going to do? This is ridiculous. Especially when there is no demand ahead of time, like you see in the movies. You know, hey, give me $5 billion or I'm going to blow the bus up. Unless this did happen, but we don't see that part. Shame on these so-called terrorists. This fixes nothing for them, it will only make things worse.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:56 AM']Not funny. They've got their own problems with this matter.
I have to go to work and put on a happy face.... :mellow:
[right][post="111552"][/post][/right][/quote]

Was not suppose to be funny. I was trying to refer to the olympic games in munich where the entire israeili team was murdered. The israelis hunted down and killed every person involved. They are much better at this kind of thing than we are.

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:55 AM']Was not suppose to be funny.  I was trying to refer to the olympic games in munich where the entire israeili team was murdered.  The israelis hunted down and killed every person involved.  They are much better at this kind of thing than we are.
[right][post="111581"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I agree with you there, they are much better...and sadly, the reason they are better is because they live through it every day...
Their intelligence agency, Mossad, is also tops in the world in my book in terms of gathering accurate, human-based information...

Guest bengalrick

imagine what the left would do, if we followed similar proceedures as israel :blink: it would get ugly... they are good for a reason, in other words ;)

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 7 2005, 01:19 PM']imagine what the left would do, if we followed similar proceedures as israel :blink:   it would get ugly... they are good for a reason, in other words ;)
[right][post="111627"][/post][/right][/quote]

Nobody would know about if we did it like israel.

Guest bengalrick
:o

[url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1438539/posts"]click here[/url]

can't find the original post... i assume that this was just said on abc news, and not posted yet:

[quote]July 7, 2005 — U.S. authorities tell ABC News that British police have [b]recovered two unexploded bombs from the scene of the terror attacks in London.[/b]

In addition, British investigators say that parts of timing devices have been recovered from the blast scene that would have been used to detonate an explosive device. This could provide evidence that would help determine who was behind the attacks, sources told ABC News.[/quote]

it could have been worse...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 7 2005, 04:42 PM'] :o

[url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1438539/posts"]click here[/url]

can't find the original post... i assume that this was just said on abc news, and not posted yet:
it could have been worse...
[right][post="111705"][/post][/right][/quote]

So this means it was not suicide bombers(which is he hardest type of attack to detect/stop). Were they just briefcases or actual explosive devices on the tracks? I mean, england has cameras freaking everywhere, unless it was an inside job, you would think they can go back through film.

Guest BlackJesus

[i][b]I am arriving late into the Post... just got home.... some comments

- As for the earlier discussion on Americans caring about what happens in other countries... America is a big place so it is hard to generalize... but there is no doubt that when "White" foriegners are killed Coverage and sympathy goes through the roof, and usually as the victims get darker in complexion.... the attention gets less and less..... ie. Tsunami they were brownish so they got ok coverage... and especially the one stupid ass white supermodel that lost her dumbass boyfriend..... When genocide occurs in Africa.... good luck getting that shit on the news.... more than the 40 + that were killed in London were also killed in Darfur Sudan I am sure of it.... there have been almost a million people killed in the Sudan... with little world attention or care....

On a personal note... do I care when others die... of course, it saddens me to see innocent lives die anywhere be it London on a Bus or Fallujah in Iraq.

- As for a lot of the rhetoric that will now get thrown around..... especially by Bush who will now say the same "this is people afraid of freedom, and they target innocents... as if those fucking bombs he ordered dropped on Baghdad always went right where he wanted them.... <_< As for people calling for a parking lot.... that is rediculous...... that makes you no different that the Jihadists calling for extermination of the "infidels"...... you can't carpet bomb countries because members of their nation commit attacks elsewhere.... if an American citizen commits a terrorists attack in Europe should the entire US be blamed?

- As for the event itself.... do I think it was an effective attack on the part of the terrorists... No. Assuming it was AlQaeda (who claimed responsibility) but you can never be sure) the attack was a bad choice to get their objective across. If I was part of a separatist movement, I would target infrastructure (bridges, highways, canals, electricity etc) and attempt to limit innocent casualties. For instance Mandela in South Africa was labeled a terrorist.... his group blew up bridges and had a policy of attempting to avoid all innocent casualties. DO I think you can be a so called "terrorist" and get points across through violence yes..... do civilian attacks however work..... not usually.

do I hope the men that did this are caught .... yes

Do I underdtand why they did it.... partially

is it a good policy to know your enemy better than you know yourself... absolutley[/b][/i]

I would like to think that these attacks haven't achieved thier goal.... But I just don't know..

Fortunately Britain is alot like us in that they will be looking for someone's ass to kick for this, rather than figuring out who to appease...

Problem is.. That may just be exactly what the extremists want. It's a tough situation to figure out.. Maybe they REALLY do just want us to leave them alone, and get out of thier part of the worls.. But I don't think so.

I think they want a world religeous war. I think they WANT the west to get more and more violent in the Middle East.. This bolsters thier argument for Jihad.. I believe Osama etc hope that by INCREASING "oppression" of muslims they can achieve the global jihad they are hoping for. After all... They believe that GOD is on thier side, so in a holy war, they can't lose...

Thing is, you definately can't ignore them. And trying to appease them isn't going to work either.. What to do?

We just have to fight it out, prey, and keep our fingers crossed

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 7 2005, 05:21 PM']I would like to think that these attacks ahaven't achieved thier goal.... But I just don't know..

Fortunately Britain is alot like us in that they will be looking for someone's ass to kick for this, rather than figuring out who to appease...

Problem is.. That may just be exactly what the extremists want. It's a tough situation to figure out..

Maybe they REALLY do just want us to leave them alone, and get out of thier part of the worls.. But I don't think so.

I think they want a world religeous war.  I think they WANT the west to get more and more  violent in the Middle East.. This bolsters thier argument for Jihad.. I believe Osama etc hope that by INCREASING "oppression" of muslims they can achieve the global jihad they are hoping for.  After all... They believe that GOD is on thier side, so in a holy war, they can't lose...
Thing is, you definately can't ignore them.  And trying to appease them isn't going to work either.. [b]What to do? [/b]
We just have to fight it out, prey, and keep our fingers crossed
[right][post="111774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Send them home to their God in a quick manner.

Guest bengalrick
here's what i don't understand about the "jihad" arguement...

[url="http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/07/iraq.main/"]egyption diplomat[/url]

[quote]We, the al Qaeda in the land of the two rivers, announce that the verdict of God against the ambassador of the infidels, the ambassador of Egypt, has been executed, praise be to God," the statement said[/quote]

and this [url="http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0706iraq-zarqawi06.html"]click here[/url]

[quote]Zarqawi declares Iraqi army an enemy of Islam[/quote]

these are muslim NATIONS that the terrorists are fucking w/ now... not just the westerners... they are declaring that the iraqi army are "infidels" b/c they associate w/ us, but they have the same faith as the terrorists, besides the extreme part... they are being forced (by their own stupidity) to push their extremists agenda on all muslims to carry on, and that isn't going to work, b/c the average muslim doesn't believe in killing for their cause... i just see this as a huge defeat for the terrorists, to start to mess w/ the people of the same faith... how can they call it a "jihad"?

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 7 2005, 06:03 PM']here's what i don't understand about the "jihad" arguement...

[url="http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/07/iraq.main/"]egyption diplomat[/url]
and this [url="http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0706iraq-zarqawi06.html"]click here[/url]
these are muslim NATIONS that the terrorists are fucking w/ now... not just the westerners... they are declaring that the iraqi army are "infidels" b/c they associate w/ us, but they have the same faith as the terrorists, besides the extreme part... they are being forced (by their own stupidity) to push their extremists agenda on all muslims to carry on, and that isn't going to work, b/c the average muslim doesn't believe in killing for their cause... i just see this as a huge defeat for the terrorists, to start to mess w/ the people of the same faith... how can they call it a "jihad"?
[right][post="111801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
It will be jihad in name only. Well, and in the minds of the relative few radical Islamists who believe their own bullshit. Funny, it's always the religious leaders of these radical sects that send off young, poor and naive to do their dirty work...never the leaders themselves getting their hands dirty...fucking pussies...

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Funny, it's always the religious leaders of these radical sects that send off young, poor and naive to do their dirty work...never the leaders themselves getting their hands dirty...fucking pussies...[/quote]

[img]http://www.humorgazette.com/images/bush-god.jpg[/img][img]http://portland.indymedia.org/icon/2003/10/273370.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.economist.com/images/20041218/5104US1.jpg[/img]

Did anyone really think that there would not be more attacks?

I have two thoughts at this moment:

1) No one will be changing their axiomatic viewpoint as a result of this specific bit of terrorism. Thus, this'll continue, tit for tat, until new axioms are adopted which better address the inequities at the root of this conflict. There is good reason to use this as an opportunity to pause and rethink the path that the world is trodding right now. Cycles of violence tend to reinforce themselves and the last thing we want is a continued descent into a series of wars and conflicts like those of 16th and 17th century Europe. Economic looting has to stop; religious violence has to stop. I, for one, would like a better future for our kids. There's not much of a choice between "going to hell in a handbasket" or "going to heaven in a wheelbarrow." It's the same path.

2) I've spent some time today dwelling on the innocent victims of all this violence, both in England today, in previous attacks, and in the Middle East, too. I have recreated the state of mind I experienced on the day my brother fell over dead, unexpectedly. I'm in a funk and my heart goes out to those who are in a similar state of mind as a result of what happened today.

Archived