5 Guys Burgers & Fries???

saphead

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1357099436' post='1202374']

Except worse...the hot fudge cake every raves about is like a stale suzy-q with a dolop of freezer burnt ice cream on it. The only reason they are in business is because the baby boomers are still alive and eating there.
[/quote]

You take that back right now g-dammit!!!!!!,

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1357095707' post='1202362']
Well, to qualify that, I had lost my taste for it in the restaurant; really can't put my finger on why, but I was just like "Meh".

I still like it in smaller quantities via the cans that my siblings bring out on occasion...
[/quote]

My understanding is the locations are now somewhat independent and different locations will have slightly different chili. Maybe you were just at the wrong one.

[quote name='The_Joker' timestamp='1357099436' post='1202374']
Except worse...the hot fudge cake every raves about is like a stale suzy-q with a dolop of freezer burnt ice cream on it. The only reason they are in business is because the baby boomers are still alive and eating there.
[/quote]

My mom once worked as a waitress at Big Boy. Her co-worker was the laziest waitress in history. One of that girls customers ordered a hot fudge cake. She didn't make one, she took it out of the display case. Which was not refrigerated.

Instead of ice cream it was made of lard. The guy ate every bite, then said that was the worst thing he had ever eaten.

True story.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1357172159' post='1202715']

My mom once worked as a waitress at Big Boy. Her co-worker was the laziest waitress in history. One of that girls customers ordered a hot fudge cake. She didn't make one, she took it out of the display case. Which was not refrigerated.

Instead of ice cream it was made of lard. The guy ate every bite, then said that was the worst thing he had ever eaten.

True story.
[/quote]
Hilarious, I wish I would have thought to do that when I worked at big boy

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357174349' post='1202738']
I also learned a few years ago that there's a distinct difference between Big Boy and Frisch's Big Boy. I stopped at a Big Boy in Illinois a few years ago, and they make their big boy sandwiches with some orange tangy sauce rather than tartar sauce.
[/quote]

And out west they make it with a mild salsa. You have to ask for it "Michigan or Ohio Style" to get it with the sauce we're used to...

Archived