5 Guys Burgers & Fries???

saphead

Is this place overrated or what? I finally made it to the one own on the Levee yesterday and was disappointed. For me, the wife and our 2 boys and I expected much more for $30. The burgers weren't even that special IMO.
The next day I had to get back to Big Boy to get my system back in order. We got outta there for $24 including a hot fudge cake for dessert.

I don't know, I guess I expected the best burger ever especially for that price. The fries sucked donkey balls too.

Honestly big boy burgers suck. 5 guys Cajun fries are amazing. I just think its your own opinion which I understand but their burgers are good. Smash burger is really good as well. But when I go there I get the grilled buffalo chicken with a cup of chili on the side. Their chili is off the hook.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1356878473' post='1200507']
I've never had a 5 Guys burger. They don't have anything here
except McDonald's, Burger King, Hardee's and Wendy's. And I
have to drive over an hour for those places.

If you put a Super Big Boy on top of my head, my tongue would
slap my brains out trying to get to it!
[/quote]

Christ, dude you live 2 days from the middle of nowhere... :blink:

And if I still ate burgers I would want In & Out before 5 Guys or Smash Burger...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1356888259' post='1200554']

[/quote]

Type in 54631

http://maps.google.com/

Now take in to account we have gotten over 2 feet of snow so far. And it gets colder
and more bitter than my Ex-Wife.

Yeah. I feel like I'm committing suicide in slow motion.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1356890621' post='1200572']
Type in 54631

[url="http://maps.google.com/"]http://maps.google.com/[/url]

Now take in to account we have gotten over 2 feet of snow so far. And it gets colder

[/quote]

It looks like you're living in the middle of a state wildlife refuge.

I'm so sorry... :closedeyes:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1356888259' post='1200554']

And if I still ate burgers I would want In & Out before 5 Guys or Smash Burger...
[/quote]

never had in and out but ive heard good things

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356918392' post='1201462']
[/quote]

I've not eaten ground beef\hamburger in going on 4 years and In & Out is the only burger I crave.

You need to stop being so christiany and head out to Vegas for some gambling, whores, and In & Out.

The last two seem to be interchangeable...

:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1356918392' post='1201462']
[/quote]

I was horribly disappointed when I tried it for the first time last year. Don't get me wrong, it's a good burger, it just didn't live up to the hype I had heard. Very comparable to Smashburger and Five Guys.

in and out is good, but the reason its good is because its the best fast food place by a landslide,

big boy isnt a great burger by any means, hell its barely even enough meat to call a burger, but i love that chubby little fucker. i eat there EVERY single time i get back to cincy. that doesnt mean its better than smash or 5 guys. and its pretty clear you are factoring price into it.

there is a LOT to be said for a fresh bun, a fresh patty grilled the moment you ordered it and fresh cooked fries when you order them. the quality of food you are getting in a 5 guys or a smash burger is 10x what big boy serves, but the other factors and sauces and so on play a bigger part in your testes of it all..

they removed the chipotle next to my work and put in a smsh burger, its litterally 75 feet from my desk. and i was stoke, but not im nt that excited, its decent, i would prefer 5 guys over smash burger. i am a plain cheeseburger kinda fella.. so im not going to be impressed by the quacamole whatever the fuck burger, etc... hipster burgers bore me and i see no value in adding 10 items to your burger to make it "good"

and feeding a family of 4 for $30 sounds like a christmas miracle to me... te only decent two piza spots here costs about $45-55 to feed 3 people and a child...

most burger places that use real/fresh meat is gonna be nearly $10 a person...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1356918923' post='1201466']
I've not eaten ground beef\hamburger in going on 4 years and In & Out is the only burger I crave.

You need to stop being so christiany and head out to Vegas for some gambling, whores, and In & Out.

The last two seem to be interchangeable...

:ninja:
[/quote]

:24:

Ive been to Vegas 2xs, for gambling and shows, no whores though. Onyx's mom keeps me satisfied.

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1356919573' post='1201475']
smash burgers fries are one of the best out here by far.. mostly due to freshness, but seems west of st louis they stop making thick awesome fries ANYWHERE....

[b]the food here sucks ... now im sad and want cincinnati food...[/b]
[/quote]

Just give it time. After 15+ years out west the *only* Ohio food I crave is Marion's Pizza. It used to be Skyline and Marion's, but I ate there last summer and had lost my taste for it.

Gradually, your tastes will evolve to what is available to you locally, or you'll try new things.

Well, having read your previous posts on food, maybe not on the "try new things" end, but it's worth a shot... :D

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1356890621' post='1200572']

Type in 54631

http://maps.google.com/

[/quote]

Old I hope you don't take this the wrong way but straight up guy talk....this wife must have some damn good Pussy for you to move to buttfuck cold Antarctica.

Archived