Thanks to the Bearcats and Whodey24K...

Numbers

• 10 months later...

...just thought I'd share the last picture you'll see of the Keg of nails... :265:

BaxjeEMCAAApKht.jpg

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/5/5180290/louisville-cincinnati-game-coverage-2013

Goodbye, Keg of Nails: Louisville beats Cincy in overtime, 31-24

Louisville prevails in the final -- and arguably best ever -- game in the Keg of Nails rivalry.

Gave that game away.  SO many dropped passes, including the last play of the game which would have given UC a 1st down.  Congrats on the win. 

Yes, the Bearcats gave that game away on quite a few occasions.  Clever headlines to follow... 

http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html?article=11886801

Keg Of Nails Not In Cards For Bearcats

Louisville 31  Cincinnati 24 (OT)

Attendance: 35,097 (7th largest Nippert Stadium history)

What a final game at the current version of Nippert. (Game stats)

If it's the final game in the rivalry, what a way to go out.

The game slogged along for a while, then it got wild, really wild.

I think Nippert Stadium was swaying at times last night, loud and rocking.

Brendon Kay turned in a performance that UC fans will be talking about for years.

He led UC on one leg most of the game. He was battered and bruised, and kept getting up and kept making plays. I thought he was knocked out cold on his TD scramble. All that was missing was his OL carrying him to the next play like Marshall's Byron Leftwich, years ago.

I thought UC got too cute late in the game. Offensive coordinator Eddie Gran reached into his bag of tricks multiple times and kept finding holes in the bottom of the bag. Live by the trick player (earlier in the year), lose by trick plays late in the year.

UC defense could not make tackles and get stops late, allowing back to back scoring drives of 13 and 11 plays. They were trying to tackle high all night.

The stars were out last night: Todd Frazier ant Tony Cingrani were at Nippert. They stood in the back of the end zone with Tony Pike, Mardy Gilyard, Kevin Huber, Kevin Youkilis and JK Schaffer.

Frazier and Cincrani both had "C Paws" stickers on their faces and were "rolling their hand" during the UC Chant. Bengals Terrance Newman and Vontaze Burfict were also on hand

Yes, the Bearcats gave that game away on quite a few occasions.  Clever headlines to follow... 

http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html?article=11886801

The 4th down run for Bridgewater, if Battle just tackles him low, play over.  Instead, the dummy is trying to grab Bridgewater's sleeve, arm....anything up high.  GO LOW YOU DUMBASS!!!

That could have been game if he did.  Then the play Bridgewater made after.....HELL of a throw.   I've not been that impressed with him this year, but last night he showed why he's a damn good player.   I said wow a few times last night. 

The 4th down run for Bridgewater, if Battle just tackles him low, play over.  Instead, the dummy is trying to grab Bridgewater's sleeve, arm....anything up high.  GO LOW YOU DUMBASS!!!

That could have been game if he did.  Then the play Bridgewater made after.....HELL of a throw.   I've not been that impressed with him this year, but last night he showed why he's a damn good player.   I said wow a few times last night. 

I had to watch the Cardinals play at PBS against the Bearcats a while back.  It was a messy game and I received constant ribbing from my friends, all of which were Bearcat fans with the exception of one other.  Surrounded by a sea of Bearcat fans and we were playing miserable but Bridgewater did in fact look good even back then.  However, a supporting cast did not exist around Bridgewater at that time and I still had a great time.  Those guys up there know how to have a good time.  Followed up that by watching the Bengals win the following day.  In other words, two days later I was 1-1...

It will be interesting to see where Bridgewater goes in the draft.

I had to watch the Cardinals play at PBS against the Bearcats a while back.  It was a messy game and I received constant ribbing from my friends, all of which were Bearcat fans with the exception of one other.  Surrounded by a sea of Bearcat fans and we were playing miserable but Bridgewater did in fact look good even back then.  However, a supporting cast did not exist around Bridgewater at that time and I still had a great time.  Those guys up there know how to have a good time.  Followed up that by watching the Bengals win the following day.  In other words, two days later I was 1-1...

It will be interesting to see where Bridgewater goes in the draft.

He's probably the #1 pick no?   I guess depends on who's drafting first. 

He's always had the physical tools....I'll admit I haven't watched him closely or anything, just in passing and I wasnt that impressed.  Suffice to say that my opinion changed after watching him play extensively.   Even the subtle things, he does well.   He's just a good player with a good feel for the game.  His accuracy could stand to improve, but who's can't?  

Archived