[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1357437625' post='1204992']
We need another WR. Jon Gruden called them bad ball WRs. We need another guy who we can throw to and it can be imperfect and he can catch it. I completely agree. You can't just hope Jones and Sanu hit. Go get a vet. Put down a nice contract and offer Reggie Bush and Greg Jennings on the first day of FA and whoever takes it first you draft the other position in the draft.
[/quote]

We need a tight end that isn't afraid to let a football touch him, (yea Gresham I'm talking to you) dude dropped at least 3 passes that were perfect. One of those could have been a touchdown.

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1357437651' post='1204993']

should they take a risk on Marcus lattimore ?
[/quote]

That's a interesting question and one I've been asking myself the last few days funnily enough, after watching Lattimore's youtube clips. He's so explosive when healthy but will he ever regain his agility and explosiveness? It's seems a lot of this years rb crop are injury-prone. Bernard, Gillislee, Michael, and Lattimore - pick your poison and hope for the best! If we miss out on an impact rb in the draft this year it will really set our offense back next season.

My only hope for the offense is that Jon Gruden takes a HC job and brings lil bro over to run the offense. Kinda like the Carson Palmer situation, addition by subtraction.

Gruden has shown me nothing that makes me think he will ever be ever to win a playoff game, neverless a SuperBowl. Every game vs. a quality opponent the offense is inept, can't move the ball, can't convert 3rd downs, and can't score TD's in the redzone.

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1357435689' post='1204916']
Why is Gruden on the sidelines during games? Isn't most co-ordinators sitting in the press box?
[/quote]

he's a former QB. He's said that he likes to be on the sidelines to be able to talk face-to-face with his QB and other guys.

I don't think one way is any better or worse than the other. IMO its a preference thing.

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1357436728' post='1204971']
alright so lets blow everything and switch back to the offense the Bengals ran when bratkowski was here.
[/quote]

Who says that Hue would run the same offense that Brat does? Just because Hue was the receivers coach under Brat doesn't mean he would run the same offense.

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' timestamp='1357436249' post='1204953']
Let Jay go back to the arena league. His name is Gruden but his strategy today was absolutely horrendous. Please Eagles hire him now or better yet Cleveland because he is clueless about strategy. Let Hue Jackson organize the offense and guess what we win. And don't tell me about dropped passes etc., this strategy was doomed from the get go. The only thing that kept us in this game was a real coordinator named Zimmer. Mike do yourself a favor and name Mike your HC and move Marvin to GM.
[/quote]

not unless Hue has learned to run a WCO. Bengals players, specifically Dalton, wouldn't fit Hue's system.

Dalton doesnt fit a west coast system either. Is it his best chance to succeed, yes, but it doesnt make him the proper fit. He just isnt good enough. More and more he has the feel of mark sanchez. First two years, two playoff appearances. Difference is, Sanchez was able to make ENOUGH plays and the team around him was better during those years, not mention, as much as i hate to say it, they had better coaching. Worst part about is, they are stuck with him as they will more than likely continue to play well enough to stay out of the top ten in drafts and there are no free agency QB's worth a shit. My only hope is that Mr. Dalton takes a HUGE step forward in his 3rd campaign.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1357490744' post='1205396']
Dalton doesnt fit a west coast system either. Is it his best chance to succeed, yes, but it doesnt make him the proper fit. He just isnt good enough. More and more he has the feel of mark sanchez. First two years, two playoff appearances. Difference is, Sanchez was able to make ENOUGH plays and the team around him was better during those years, not mention, as much as i hate to say it, they had better coaching. Worst part about is, they are stuck with him as they will more than likely continue to play well enough to stay out of the top ten in drafts and there are no free agency QB's worth a shit. My only hope is that Mr. Dalton takes a HUGE step forward in his 3rd campaign.
[/quote]

Sanchez rode a running game and top 5 defense to those playoff appearances. Bengals had the defense, but didn't use enough of the running game.

People need to stop pretending Dalton is a seasoned vet. He's had a better start to his career than 90% of the QB's currently in the league.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357491967' post='1205410']
Sanchez rode a running game and top 5 defense to those playoff appearances. Bengals had the defense, but didn't use enough of the running game.

People need to stop pretending Dalton is a seasoned vet. He's had a better start to his career than 90% of the QB's currently in the league.
[/quote]
[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1357490744' post='1205396']
Dalton doesnt fit a west coast system either. Is it his best chance to succeed, yes, but it doesnt make him the proper fit. He just isnt good enough. More and more he has the feel of mark sanchez. First two years, two playoff appearances. [b][size=6]Difference is, Sanchez was able to make ENOUGH plays and the team around him was better during those years[/size][/b][size=6], [/size]not mention, as much as i hate to say it, they had better coaching. Worst part about is, they are stuck with him as they will more than likely continue to play well enough to stay out of the top ten in drafts and there are no free agency QB's worth a shit. My only hope is that Mr. Dalton takes a HUGE step forward in his 3rd campaign.
[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357491967' post='1205410']

[b]People need to stop pretending Dalton is a seasoned vet[/b]. He's had a better start to his career than 90% of the QB's currently in the league.
[/quote]

True.

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' timestamp='1357489890' post='1205385']
Who says that Hue would run the same offense that Brat does? Just because Hue was the receivers coach under Brat doesn't mean he would run the same offense.
[/quote]

brat runs the air coryell offense,hue is not only from the same coaching tree but he runs the air coryall offense as well.

Archived