You're underestimating the noise at Reliant Stadium. The Bengals rely on heavily on pre-snap adjustments. At Pittsburgh, the crowd noise didn't help. At Houston is crippled the Bengals offense.

Bad day. With the way the Texan defense played today, the Bengals needed to be perfect. They weren't...

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1357435809' post='1204924']
Yeah 90% is exaggerated a bit... I'll say we looked a lot better, more consistent at least, for most of the season. Definitely last 4 games they were completely inept. Like 1 td on offense in 12 quarters?
[/quote]

Agreed, consistency is probably the key and they are far from that!!

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1357433864' post='1204794']
Gruden has dropped the ball but right now he does not have a lot of talent to work with. Gresham makes to many mistakes, lack of a true number two and three WR, O Line has played awful and BJGE is not a guy you can lean on.

I would give Gruden another year but he does need guys to step up.
[/quote]

I think you can rely on BJGE if you give him the opportunity, he only got 11 attempts...that ridiculous. The guy is having a great game but Gruden didn't even feed the hot hand. He never ran the ball 3 times in a row, never made the Texans prove they can stop the run to get the offense off the field. He consistently goes away from the run way too soon, even when it's working...that is gross incompetence in my book..something should get him replaced.

He got out coached by Wade Phillips today, he failed to adjust to what the defense was doing, and ignored a running back who was avg over 6 ypc in a six point game...

[quote name='bengals7833' timestamp='1357434238' post='1204825']
That's a stupid post. You don't need 4 to 5 tall receivers. You need a qb to throw accurate to wide open receivers. And you need to force the ball to aj a stud wr. Gresham didn't help today but this game is on Kay and Andy bottom line
[/quote]

and he did that, and Gresham didn't help and you have to protect the quarterback as well, and why did cook play over Robinson.jay the second offense coordinator or Andy the second year quarterback who has only been the league for 2 years,what no blame for the defense?who was wide open,for him to throw the ball to when the offensive line didn't protect and the plays didn't have time to develop,and the taller receivers would create a mismatch for he for the defensive backs.

[quote name='bengals7833' timestamp='1357435035' post='1204868']
Enough excuses. They have weapons. If dalton was good he would make his receivers better Look at Peyton bronco receivers were average at best before he got there look at them now. The problem isn't weapons. It's gruden and dalton
[/quote]

the problem isn't gruden its execution the of the plays

Let Jay go back to the arena league. His name is Gruden but his strategy today was absolutely horrendous. Please Eagles hire him now or better yet Cleveland because he is clueless about strategy. Let Hue Jackson organize the offense and guess what we win. And don't tell me about dropped passes etc., this strategy was doomed from the get go. The only thing that kept us in this game was a real coordinator named Zimmer. Mike do yourself a favor and name Mike your HC and move Marvin to GM.

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1357436074' post='1204940']
I think it happen alot earlier in the season. I think it started around the Miami game.
[/quote]

well I post NFL turning point topic, which pointed the adjust Dallas had made to what the Bengals where doing.

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' timestamp='1357436249' post='1204953']
Let Jay go back to the arena league. His name is Gruden but his strategy today was absolutely horrendous. Please Eagles hire him now or better yet Cleveland because he is clueless about strategy. Let Hue Jackson organize the offense and guess what we win. And don't tell me about dropped passes etc., this strategy was doomed from the get go. The only thing that kept us in this game was a real coordinator named Zimmer. Mike do yourself a favor and name Mike your HC and move Marvin to GM.
[/quote]

alright so lets blow everything and switch back to the offense the Bengals ran when bratkowski was here.

The offense could at least score a touchdowns until the Dallas game. Seems the Dallas game is when the offensive line went to shit. I think the combination of Boling and Zeitler hitting a wall and Cook being rusty is to blame. Dalton has no time to throw at all.

[quote name='bengals7833' timestamp='1357435035' post='1204868']
Enough excuses. They have weapons. If dalton was good he would make his receivers better Look at Peyton bronco receivers were average at best before he got there look at them now. The problem isn't weapons. It's gruden and dalton
[/quote]

Wrong actually.

It's a lack of weapons plus Gruden's playcalling. Dalton's lack of ability to trust his reads is less of a problem than those two things right now. Jerome Simpson may have been inconsistent but he was a lot better at making impact plays when he did catch the ball compared to Marvin Jones who catches the ball more often but seems to get less splash. And it was no coincidence our offense found it easier to score on opponents last year as a result. Also, its time to stop making excuses about the young potential on our offense. This team is "here and now", and its time to get some "here and now" players on offense to help out AJ Green to bridge the development of our potential.

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1357436200' post='1204951']

the problem isn't gruden its execution the of the plays
[/quote]

Bullshit.

This game was like Philly. The passing game was creating negative plays. They mistakenly did not take the air out of the ball with running game. Even if you are not successful it can or could calm things.

Now I think Houston is a better team. Their offensive scheme and personnel matches up really good with the worse parts of our defense. That said, we caught them when they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Perfect example of horrible game management and we missed a chance to steal win. Someone can look up the play drives but I do not recall a whole lot of back to back running plays.

I think you could and they did push Houston front 7 around. The J.Joe INT should not of happen as they should have gotten another carry for BJGE.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1357437462' post='1204987']
Wrong actually.

It's a lack of weapons plus Gruden's playcalling. Dalton's lack of ability to trust his reads is less of a problem than those two things right now. Jerome Simpson may have been inconsistent but he was a lot better at making impact plays when he did catch the ball compared to Marvin Jones who catches the ball more often but seems to get less splash. Also, its time to stop making excuses about the young potential on our offense. This team is "here and now", and its time to get some "here and now" players on offense to help out AJ Green to bridge the development of our potential.
[/quote]

We need another WR. Jon Gruden called them bad ball WRs. We need another guy who we can throw to and it can be imperfect and he can catch it. I completely agree. You can't just hope Jones and Sanu hit. Go get a vet. Put down a nice contract and offer Reggie Bush and Greg Jennings on the first day of FA and whoever takes it first you draft the other position in the draft.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1357437484' post='1204988']
Give him one more year. He needs more weapons. Jones Sanu aren't starting caliber nfl wrs yet . And he needs a game breaker at rb
[/quote]

should they take a risk on Marcus lattimore ?

Archived