3rd year TE
Rookie RG
Rookie #2 WR
2nd year #3 WR
Rookie #2 TE
2nd year LG
Rookie C for half the year
Last few games with a free agent FB

They're learning and progressing together. If you can name another offense like that in this league, I'll be amazed.

Cook has been shit, Gresham is dropping everything, we have no true threat at RB, Gruden is having trouble calling a complete game.

Dalton has thrown what? 50 TDs in his 1st couple of years?

Get out of here you crazy asses.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1357441282' post='1205129']

Did you see the family that named their kid hash tag?
[/quote]

That's sad.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1357441598' post='1205139']

I actually had a conversation with someone that said lol
[/quote]

I heard someone say it over the holiday. Needless to say, that essentially ended my interest in anything else that came out of their mouth. Similar to this situation.

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1357440489' post='1205095']

Vick has won a playoff game. So has Smith.

Heres some more perspective....Dalton sucks. He has less talent than Vick, Smith, Manning and Palmer.#truth
[/quote]

Here's "truth"...

Vick hasn't win a playoff game since '04. He's started 16 games once in his career. I guess some might prefer an old injury prone quarterback over Dalton, I'm just not one of those people.

Again, Alex fucking Smith? Dude's got a little over 14000 yards in his SEVEN year career. Dalton has more than half of that in two. There are a couple of people now that have said they prefer Smith. Have you actually seen Alex Smith play?

Peyton Manning is better than Andy Dalton? No shit. So are Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees.

Carson Palmer? Really? It took him seven years to get to 0-2 in the postseason...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1357441598' post='1205139']

I actually had a conversation with someone that said lol
[/quote]

There was a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode with this lady who said that in conversation. Larry David called her on it. Funny shit.

Andy Dalton completed 14-of-30 passes for 127 yards and an interception in the Bengals' 19-13 Wild Card Round loss to the Texans.
He was as bad as the stats suggest. Dalton played this game scared, afraid to pull the trigger and uncomfortable in the pocket. He finally started to find a fourth-quarter rhythm only to badly overshoot A.J. Green on a bomb attempt with Cincinnati down 19-13 and under four minutes left. Green had separation; it was just a bad -- and ultimately season-ending -- throw by Dalton. Dalton's final fantasy stats placed him 12th among quarterbacks, but he has never played well against top defenses and seems to be running into a brick wall in terms of development. Due to Dalton's talent limitations, we wouldn't expect him to make much if any of a 2013 leap.

This is true.

Dalton's only in his second year.

I don't even know where to start here.Maualuga getting beaten by the TE repeatedly...our 1st round stud TE that routinely drops 1st down receptions...Jones running an 8 yard route on 4th and 11...Dalton throwing an 8 yard pass to him on 4th and 11...OL letting Dalton get pressured all day...no 2nd receiver that's a threat...not one running back on the roster with the ability to cut back or be game planned for by opposing defenses...the team playing with little emotion or the swagger we saw at Pittsburgh.

Dalton was taking some heat for not seeing open receivers.I think he's lost confidence in the line's ability to protect him and is getting rid of the ball early or taking off early because of this.I keep hearing about our talented young receiving core,but I don't see it...yet.Teams fear Green,but nobody else.Notice how almost EVERY pass thrown to anybody other than 18 was contested?They don't get separation.

The defense could use help at safety and linebacker,maybe at corner as well,but the grade on Dre is still incomplete.

The offense needs all sorts of help,because it needs pieces at receiver,RB,and possibly OL.Right now it flat out sucks.Generate ONE fucking TD,and we probably win today.The Eagles are interested in Gruden...really?I mean REALLY?There's more,but that's all I got for now.Oh well,time to talk draft!

Yippee.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1357441986' post='1205150']
Dalton has his flaws but he's in year two with a.... and remember this:

2nd year #1 WR
3rd year TE
Rookie RG
Rookie #2 WR
2nd year #3 WR
Rookie #2 TE
2nd year LG
Rookie C for half the year
Last few games with a free agent FB

They're learning and progressing together. If you can name another offense like that in this league, I'll be amazed.

Cook has been shit, Gresham is dropping everything, we have no true threat at RB, Gruden is having trouble calling a complete game.

Dalton has thrown what? 50 TDs in his 1st couple of years?

Get out of here you crazy asses.
[/quote]

yep pretty much this. Dalton struggled tonight, but that's gotta be expected if you give a young QB no running game, no legit #2 and inconsistent TE.

Dalton missed a couple throws that would have likely won the game, but things also have to get better around him. You can't ask a young QB to carry the team for you.

I think a better offensive coordinator makes way more sense than a new QB. The offense hasn't improved all season and is extremely predictable. Yesterday's gameplan was no different than the last 5 weeks. We would have had zero chance against NE anyways.

Dalton is[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1357444728' post='1205184']
Say this out loud over and over.

I
We
Tall
Did
[/quote]

All the QBs I have mentioned were first overall picks. The talent they have or did have is indisputable. You plug either one of those QBs in, in place of Dalton and the Bengals win. I like Dalton, he sucked ass yesterday, I no longer believe he can take this team to a championship. Thats my opinion, its messed up people feel they must post insults because their homer tinted vision disagrees.

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1357491067' post='1205401']
Dalton is

All the QBs I have mentioned were first overall picks. The talent they have or did have is indisputable. You plug either one of those QBs in, in place of Dalton and the Bengals win. I like Dalton, he sucked ass yesterday, I no longer believe he can take this team to a championship. Thats my opinion, its messed up people feel they must post insults because their homer tinted vision disagrees.
[/quote]

sorry man, but san fran opted to bench smith in favor of a 2nd year guy, with the hopes of going to the super bowl. if he can't do it there, what makes you think he could do it here? And vick was benched this year as well, for a rookie and has shown nothing but turnovers the last two years that would scream he has the ability to take a team to the super bowl. Pretty much we will ride with dalton next year, as there are no suitable upgrades. It's the same reason Sanchez will get another year with the jets. And I'm not sure he has done enough bad to be replaced yet, but he's done enough to make me doubt he can bring home a championship. That missed throw to green with 2 minutes left, is certainly a play that should have been made and he has made several of those kind of mistakes this season. I do think part of his regression had to do with the lack of experience in the wide recievers on this team.

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1357491067' post='1205401']
Dalton is

[/quote]

Sorry bro, but just because you say they would have won, doesn't make it true. It's just your opinion. As it is his opinion that your opinion is not well thought out.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1357491788' post='1205406']

sorry man, but san fran opted to bench smith in favor of a 2nd year guy, with the hopes of going to the super bowl. if he can't do it there, what makes you think he could do it here? And vick was benched this year as well, for a rookie and has shown nothing but turnovers the last two years that would scream he has the ability to take a team to the super bowl. Pretty much we will ride with dalton next year, as there are no suitable upgrades. It's the same reason Sanchez will get another year with the jets. And I'm not sure he has done enough bad to be replaced yet, but he's done enough to make me doubt he can bring home a championship. That missed throw to green with 2 minutes left, is certainly a play that should have been made and he has made several of those kind of mistakes this season. I do think part of his regression had to do with the lack of experience in the wide recievers on this team.
[/quote]

I keep seeing this thing that People don't think Andy can bring us a championship. I don't know that he can or can't, but in two years, with a very young offense, he has brought us two playoff chances, which is what you have to have to have a chance to win a championship. So many very good QB's never won a championship, and a few that can't hold his jockstrap have. He has statistically done a better job in his first two years, than almost anyone in history, so personally, I don't see any reason to think about replacing him at this point.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357492373' post='1205418']
I keep seeing this thing that People don't think Andy can bring us a championship. I don't know that he can or can't, but in two years, with a very young offense, he has brought us two playoff chances, which is what you have to have to have a chance to win a championship. So many very good QB's never won a championship, and a few that can't hold his jockstrap have. He has statistically done a better job in his first two years, than almost anyone in history, so personally, I don't see any reason to think about replacing him at this point.
[/quote]

i agree that there is no reason to replace him yet. he concerns me, because he misses throws that he shouldn't. i do think the young wr core was a big problem. if i remember though he only has a 4 year contract, so by the end of next year, you really need to make the decision whether he is a long term answer or not. hopefully sanu comes back and picks up where he left off and jones improves with another offseason and gresh learns how to catch. we maybe very good on o next year.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357492373' post='1205418']
[b]I keep seeing this thing that People don't think Andy can bring us a championship. I don't know that he can or can't, but in two years, with a very young offense, he has brought us two playoff chances, which is what you have to have to have a chance to win a championship. [/b] So many very good QB's never won a championship, and a few that can't hold his jockstrap have. He has statistically done a better job in his first two years, than almost anyone in history, so personally, I don't see any reason to think about replacing him at this point.
[/quote]

yep. I honestly don't know if Dalton will become a championship caliber QB. I do know however that you can't ask for much more than what he's given you over his first two years as QB.

2 playoff appearances, Progression from year 1 to year 2 ending the year in the top 10 of many statistical categories.

Archived