Give me Vick or Alex Smith in 2013

Yea this is pretty absurd. Dalton had his fair share of mistakes but, as has been the case most of the year, every level of the offense made one or two mistakes.

Good deep ball call, bad blocking. Good protection, dropped pass. Blitz picked up, QB panics and scrambles into a sack. Soft coverage, run the route short of the marker.

Feela like we can't get all 11 guys to put it together for one drive, let alone all game. Gotta be coaching IMO.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1357493573' post='1205430']
Yea this is pretty absurd. Dalton had his fair share of mistakes but, as has been the case most of the year, every level of the offense made one or two mistakes.

Good deep ball call, bad blocking. Good protection, dropped pass. Blitz picked up, QB panics and scrambles into a sack. Soft coverage, run the route short of the marker.

Feela like we can't get all 11 guys to put it together for one drive, let alone all game[b]. Gotta be coaching IMO.[/b]
[/quote]

also talent and experience. Bengals started 2 rookies and 4 2nd yr players on offense yesterday.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357493793' post='1205432']
also talent and experience. Bengals started 2 rookies and 4 2nd yr players on offense yesterday.
[/quote]

Marvin and Zeitler, Aj, Andy, Boling, for the life of me the 4th is escaping me?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357491833' post='1205409']
Sorry bro, but just because you say they would have won, doesn't make it true. It's just your opinion. As it is his opinion that your opinion is not well thought out.
[/quote]

Dalton had a QB rating of 44 yesterday. It is not far fetched at all to think Vick, Palmer or Smith could have won that game. Hell, I can make the argument Sanchez could have had a better QB rating.

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1357495738' post='1205447']
Dalton had a QB rating of 44 yesterday. It is not far fetched at all to think Vick, Palmer or Smith could have won that game. Hell, I can make the argument Sanchez could have had a better QB rating.
[/quote]

what about the other 16 games (6 of which Vick would have missed)?

It's easy to say so and so would have been better than so and so in this ONE game.

[/quote]
Palmer? They never would have made the playoffs with him at the helm.

I think it's a little silly to want Vick or Smith instead of Dalton but the point I totally agree with.....need to upgrade the QB position and let Dalton go to a team like Jacksonville where he can be the 25th best QB in the NFL as is his destiny. He'd make a great 2nd stringer.....I'd take him on the Bengals for that purpose.

[/quote]

Big Jen had a 22 in the Super Bowl. What does rating have to do with anything? If AJ turns his head, Joseph doesn't have the interception. If gresham catches a few more passes, maybe we have a better chance. If Leonard goes to the left of cook, watt doesn't get a free run at AJ on the sack. Accept the fact, we played as a team, and we lost as a team.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357496063' post='1205454']
I think it's a little silly to want Vick or Smith instead of Dalton but the point I totally agree with.....need to upgrade the QB position and let Dalton go to a team like Jacksonville where he can be the 25th best QB in the NFL as is his destiny. He'd make a great 2nd stringer.....I'd take him on the Bengals for that purpose.
[/quote]

You need to quit doing those weird Arabian drugs, bro.:)

[quote name='Big Alice' timestamp='1357438738' post='1205018']
There's an awful lot of retarded motherfuckers on this board tonight.

Michael Vick has completed 250 passes in a season once (253 last year). Dalton competed at least 300 in each of his two seasons. I'll take a 25 year old Dalton over a 33 year old Vick every single day of the week.

Alex Smith? That is the single stupidest fucking suggestion in the history of this board. Seriously.

Here's some perspective... Peyton Manning didn't get his first playoff win until his sixth season.

Andy Dalton is the future of this franchise. The problem wasn't the offense sputtering the last couple weeks. It was the overconfidence that cost them 3 winnable games in October. If they had won the games they should have, they wouldn't have had to go on the road to open the playoffs.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting tired of arguing with my cousin about this shit too.. It's fucking stupid as hell! But if we DO get rid of Andy who has a PROVEN replacement that won't have to go through another 2-4 year learning curve. On top of that have the salary cap number that won't strap the team from re-signing Green, Dunlap, Geno, and the OTs..... I'd much rather go 10-6 and lose in the playoffs as opposed to goin back to 2-14 every year

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1357497229' post='1205469']
It would help if we had a viable 2nd WR. You cant expect much from an offense with Marvin Jones as its #2.
[/quote]

He may be the #2 WR but he should be the #4 option behind Green, Gresham and Hawkins. Yes Hawkins....he could be SO dangerous yet he's not used. There are plenty of weapons on this offense for Dalton to succeed IMO

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1357497229' post='1205469']
It would help if we had a viable 2nd WR. You cant expect much from an offense with Marvin Jones as its #2.
[/quote]

What did Jones do wrong to show he can't be a number 2?

I remember when everyone couldn't wait for him to start at home against the Steelers and now we lose a playoff game and people think we need a upgrade at every position

[/quote]

We just wouldn't be in the playoffs.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357498053' post='1205483']

He may be the #2 WR but he should be the #4 option behind Green, Gresham and Hawkins. Yes Hawkins....he could be SO dangerous yet he's not used. There are plenty of weapons on this offense for Dalton to succeed IMO
[/quote]

Dalton needs to get better.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357488683' post='1205372']
yep pretty much this. Dalton struggled tonight,[b] but that's gotta be expected if you give a young QB no running game[/b], no legit #2 and inconsistent TE.

Dalton missed a couple throws that would have likely won the game, but things also have to get better around him. You can't ask a young QB to carry the team for you.
[/quote]

We HAD a running game, but we panic when we get down by a few points and utterly abandon it!

[quote name='VBurfict55' timestamp='1357503590' post='1205529']
What did Jones do wrong to show he can't be a number 2?

I remember when everyone couldn't wait for him to start at home against the Steelers and now we lose a playoff game and people think we need a upgrade at every position
[/quote]

I don't think Jones has shown anything to say he can't be the #2, but I can understand why some don't want to bank on it without seeing more.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1357504291' post='1205541']

We HAD a running game, but we panic when we get down by a few points and utterly abandon it!
[/quote]

I agree. Gruden pisses me off. I know he can't make Gresham catch the ball to keep the drive alive, but yesterday reminded me of the Dallas game a little bit

Archived