Get rid of Marvin Lewis

Can't wait for Marv to come out and say we just ran out of time.

Well if you would have had your team playing offense the first half, maybe you wouldn't need more time. It's time for mediocre Marv to go.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1357434465' post='1204836']
I mentioned this in the game thread, but as long as the Bengals are an average or slightly above-average team and not the joke of the league, nothing is going to change. Lewis will remain head coach, Dalton will remain the quarterback, and Gruden will remain the offensive coordinator.
[/quote]

As it should.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1357434232' post='1204824']
Can't wait for Marv to come out and say we just ran out of time.

Well if you would have had your team playing offense the first half, maybe you wouldn't need more time. It's time for mediocre Marv to go.
[/quote]

My favorite Marism is "the problem was we did not execute" meaning it was the players who screwed
up, not him.

Marvin is simply a second tier coach.
Always has been.
Took us from the world of suck to the world of
mediocrity. And stayed there.

This team simply did not look like they were prepared to play the game.
Looked like they were looking for something to happen rather than making
something happen.

Of course, the Marvpologists will be banging the Marvlove drum.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357434735' post='1204844']
As it should.
[/quote]

I agree, as long as we're content with 10-6 or 9-7 and the occasional wildcard, with a 4-12 mixed in here and there. It would be nice to aspire to more, though, like other franchises. "Not sucking" shouldn't be good enough.

Agreed. Marvin is not the man to take this team where they want to go. Some guys excel at team building, some at winning. Marvin built the team fairly well, but he cant coach em to where they need to go. As much as I hate Brian Kelly for the way he left UC, I would have no problem with him coming back to town as head coach of this team. He is an offensive mastermind, he demands accountability out of all his players, ESPECIALLY the QB. Tate woulda been cut. Rey woulda been yanked. These players dont need a friend anymore, that stage is over. Now I think they need a kick in the ass.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1357434883' post='1204856']

This retard lives mediocrity
[/quote]

I'm smarter than you, make more money than you, drive a nicer car than you, live in a bigger house than you, and you think i give a fuck what your poor, stupid ass thinks?

Jim Mora inherited Peyton Manning and took the woeful Colts and raised them to mediocrity. He was thought of as a fairly decent coordinator, he developed an acrimonious relationship with the press, and was routinely considered to be a likable, but soft, coach.

Marvin is our Jim Mora. AJ is our Manning.

It wasn't until Tony Dungy took over the Colts and held the players accountable for actions on AND off the field before the Colts became successful.

Who is our Dungy? Is he already on staff (Zimmer?), did he get fired last Monday, or is it someone else entirely?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357435076' post='1204871']

I'm smarter than you, make more money than you, drive a nicer car than you, live in a bigger house than you, and you think i give a fuck what your poor, stupid ass thinks?
[/quote]

LMAO wow. You don't know shit about me. You are so so so sad. Jesus Christ

[quote name='WRAPradio' timestamp='1357435125' post='1204874']
Sorry, Marvin isn't the problem, it's Andy Dalton.
[/quote]
Marv was here before Andy Dalton. He still couldn't win a playoff game.

Archived