The Ugly, The Ugly, and the The Ugly.

Burn it all down.

PS. I didn't ask for permission to start this :17:

PSS. Rey is going to have nightmares of Owen Daniels or Owen Daniels is going to have wet dreams of Rey. I'm not sure.

Discuss.

ALL UGLY

The Dline. Great season, except for about 3 games where they got totally shut down. No excuse to be as non existant as they were in pass rush. Complete non factors. They should all donate their game checks. I havent seen as pathetic of a showing tonight in about 7 years. They should all be ashamed of themselves for a total lack of effort.

Gresham. What value does he bring? He costs us games more than he wins them.

Cook- shitty. Must have pictures of Marvins wife sucking Rex Ryans wifes feet.

Gruden- please, someone hire him. I was a big fan of his for the first, eh, 16-18 games of his career, but a chalkboard could draw up better plays on its own.

Dalton's long pass to AJ should have been a TD but it was a bad throw, took AJ off his route to adjust to the ball. Dalton misses AJ on a TD with a little over 2 mins to go. Dalton's pass to M. Jones on 4th and 11 was a horrible throw...if he hits Jones in stride, he's got the first down easily as he has a lane right past the CB. It was actually a good play call. Dalton misses wide open receivers often because he locks on to who he's going to throw to and it's usually his first option....with other options standing wide open. Dalton has minimal, and less than last year, pocket presence. Dalton is hindering this offense and AJ Green's career numbers. AJ's not happy with Andy right now. I wouldn't be either.

There was lots of ugly today....none moreso than Andy Dalton.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357447977' post='1205214']
Dalton's long pass to AJ should have been a TD but it was a bad throw, took AJ off his route to adjust to the ball. Dalton misses AJ on a TD with a little over 2 mins to go. Dalton's pass to M. Jones on 4th and 11 was a horrible throw...if he hits Jones in stride, he's got the first down easily as he has a lane right past the CB. It was actually a good play call. Dalton misses wide open receivers often because he locks on to who he's going to throw to and it's usually his first option....with other options standing wide open. Dalton has minimal, and less than last year, pocket presence. Dalton is hindering this offense and AJ Green's career numbers. AJ's not happy with Andy right now. I wouldn't be either.

[/quote]

Why does everyone act like deep passes are the easiest passes to throw? J. Joe was right there, it wasn't going to be a TD. Of all the passes AD threw, that was probably one of his better throws.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357447977' post='1205214']
Dalton's long pass to AJ should have been a TD but it was a bad throw, took AJ off his route to adjust to the ball. Dalton misses AJ on a TD with a little over 2 mins to go. [b]Dalton's pass to M. Jones on 4th and 11 was a horrible throw...if he hits Jones in stride, he's got the first down easily [/b]as he has a lane right past the CB. It was actually a good play call. Dalton misses wide open receivers often because he locks on to who he's going to throw to and it's usually his first option....with other options standing wide open. Dalton has minimal, and less than last year, pocket presence. Dalton is hindering this offense and AJ Green's career numbers. AJ's not happy with Andy right now. I wouldn't be either.

[/quote]
Yes it was a great call. Go back and watch it again. He hit Jones in stride, but it was a 6 yard route and it was 4th and 11. Jones would have to break 3 tackles to get the first down. WORST DAMN PLAY CALL OF THE YEAR MAYBE IN MY 40 YEARS OF WATCHING THE BENGALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1357448228' post='1205215']

Why does everyone act like deep passes are the easiest passes to throw? J. Joe was right there, it wasn't going to be a TD. [b]Of all the passes AD threw, that was probably one of his better throws.[/b]
[/quote]

Sadly, that's accurate. But it was a bad throw itself. He should have led AJ to the inside....that would have allowed AJ to continue on his path which was 3 yds past Joseph but Dalton threw it to AJ's outside shoulder instead of inside, causing AJ to have to adjust, breaking his speed/momentum.... negating a TD. Look at the play again, it's plain to see.

Deep passes aren't easy to throw....but with 2 and a half mins left in a playoff game you haven't done shit in....when presented with that opportunity, you have to make the play as an NFL QB. No excuses.

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1357448358' post='1205217']
Yes it was a great call. Go back and watch it again. He hit Jones in stride, but it was a 6 yard route and it was 4th and 11. Jones would have to break 3 tackles to get the first down. WORST DAMN PLAY CALL OF THE YEAR MAYBE IN MY 40 YEARS OF WATCHING THE BENGALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Hahaha I can feel your frustration through that post....Bubba...go back and watch the play again. If he hits M. Jones in stride, he goes for an easy first. The CB who ended up making the tackle would not have been in position to make a tackle attempt given M. Jones' trajectory. Unfortunatley, Dalton threw the ball behind Jones who slowed to catch the ball, effectively ending his speed/momentum and the CB makes the play. A good throw gets the first.....that's why I said it was a good call. It would have worked if dumbass Dalton didn't nut up like he did all day today.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1357448299' post='1205216']
REALLY? why stoop to that level? there's just some things that should remain out of bounds.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware toe sucking was out of bounds.

I will amend...

Must have explicit pictures of Marvins wife nude in compromising positions.

The ugliest: Texans coaching staff was able to identify our weaknesses on both offense and defense and exploit them with our coaching staff left helpless in trying to adjust to the Texans' gameplan. This game showed that our coaches aren't as advanced as some, including myself, would like to believe.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357450533' post='1205238']
The ugliest: Texans coaching staff was able to identify our weaknesses on both offense and defense and exploit them with our coaching staff left helpless in trying to adjust to the Texans' gameplan. This game showed that our coaches aren't as advanced as some, including myself, would like to believe.
[/quote]
It was obvious they wanted to go to anyone that was matched up with Rey..which worked extremely well. Which is what we should have done considering they had their fourth string MLB in there. They mentioned that Ruud had played 6 snaps all year in the base D.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357448810' post='1205221']
Hahaha I can feel your frustration through that post....Bubba...go back and watch the play again. If he hits M. Jones in stride, he goes for an easy first. The CB who ended up making the tackle would not have been in position to make a tackle attempt given M. Jones' trajectory. Unfortunatley, Dalton threw the ball behind Jones who slowed to catch the ball, effectively ending his speed/momentum and the CB makes the play. A good throw gets the first.....that's why I said it was a good call. It would have worked if dumbass Dalton didn't nut up like he did all day today.
[/quote]

I went back and watched the play and don't see it like you do. The CB back there was in position to make the play regardless of where it was thrown. Although it wasn't a greatly thrown ball, it wasn't terribly thrown. The big problem as I see it was what was pointed out earlier... they should've worked the field to get a first down. All the hate on Dalton is bullshit as far as I'm concerned, because while he did miss some throws, he also had a shit ton of drops. I also think he doesn't trust the O-line (as well he shouldn't) and that as these guys grow together he will only get better. Damn... the guy took us to the playoffs in his first two seasons and people want to throw him under the bus?

Grow up people, and get sober... Dalton isn't Brady, Manning, or Rogers, but he's the best we've had here since Boomer.

Fuck Carson Palmer.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1357451933' post='1205247']
I went back and watched the play and don't see it like you do. The CB back there was in position to make the play regardless of where it was thrown. Although it wasn't a greatly thrown ball, it wasn't terribly thrown. The big problem as I see it was what was pointed out earlier... they should've worked the field to get a first down. All the hate on Dalton is bullshit as far as I'm concerned, because while he did miss some throws, he also had a shit ton of drops. I also think he doesn't trust the O-line (as well he shouldn't) and that as these guys grow together he will only get better. Damn... the guy took us to the playoffs in his first two seasons and people want to throw him under the bus?

Grow up people, and get sober... Dalton isn't Brady, Manning, or Rogers, but he's the best we've had here since Boomer.

Fuck Carson Palmer.
[/quote]

Watch the angle they show from behind Jones. If he's hit in stride there's no way the CB makes the tackle....Marvin's path was such that it would have been physically impossible for the CB to make the play. It was a bad throw IMO....

Yes, Dalton has taken us to the playoffs his first 2 years...I'll give him that but I don't see a guy that's capable of leading a team to a championship. I hope I'm wrong and do remind myself he is a 2nd year guy.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357452324' post='1205249']
Watch the angle they show from behind Jones. If he's hit in stride there's no way the CB makes the tackle....Marvin's path was such that it would have been physically impossible for the CB to make the play. It was a bad throw IMO....

Yes, Dalton has taken us to the playoffs his first 2 years...I'll give him that but I don't see a guy that's capable of leading a team to a championship. I hope I'm wrong and do remind myself he is a 2nd year guy.
[/quote]

It would've been close either way, but Dalton needed to get rid of the ball too.

It's just sad as hell that the offense seemingly died about the time of the Dallas game, and never woke up. We do have a good sound base to build on though, especially the D-line, AJ, Andy, Burfict, Hall... There IS a bright future in Bengaldom.

I thought the throw to Marvin was a bit behind and it slowed Marvin down. I understand people are upset about an 8 yard pass on 4th and 11, but the Texans were not going to give us anything beyond 10. Throw it 8 and let your guy try to find space and run. Unfortunately, I think Hawkins is a better option getting the ball to in space.

Archived