Wild Card Sunday games thread

Sorry to buck the trend, but I'm pulling for Baltimore and San Francisco now that my beloved Bengals are out. And it's strictly for selfish reasons.

#1 - I am tired of seeing the Colts win games they don't deserve. Their 11-5 record this year includes at least 4 victories that were unearned. They are in no way as good as the record indicates, and as someone living here I really want to see them get smacked-down just to shut up the locals. They're so used to success here that they've become complacent. They didn't suffer enough last year during the Manning-Luck interim - and posting an 11-win season this year has only exacerbated things. I'm tired of it. So Baltimore, please kick the shit out of the Colts.

#1A - Baltimore winning also annoys Cleveland and Steeler fans a LOT MORE than it annoys me. Cleveland could've had this team - they pissed it away by no supporting Modell. And anything that annoys Steelers is good.

#2 - If the Niners go all the way and take the Lombardi, that'll be #6, which will tie them with the aforementioned Steelers. San Francisco will have posted a perfect 6-0 record in the Super Bowl if they do that, which makes them the most successful team in NFL history - at least in the sense that history is up-to-now. That will annoy "Sixburgh", and give the world a handy retort when they start talking about all their rings - all of which are tainted due to steroids or due to being aided by the refs.

A Ravens-Niners Super Bowl is a best-case scenario for me.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1357507509' post='1205565']
Sorry to buck the trend, but[b] I'm pulling for Baltimore and San Francisco [/b]now that my beloved Bengals are out. And it's strictly for selfish reasons.
[/quote]

At first I was "fuck you amish" but then after reading your reasons, I now approve and agree.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1357508975' post='1205576']
Bernard Pierce is really good. Goes to show you that you can find good backs later on. He was a 3rd pick - not a speed demon but runs hard and has excellent balance.
[/quote]

yea and I think you'll find guys like that in the late 3rd/4th again in what IMO is a deeper class than last year's, despite the lack of top end talent. IMO it's gonna be a really rich RB class in the 2nd-4th round range. One of the best I can remember.

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1357497889' post='1205478']
I didn't see a topic for this, I hope this is ok.

The Colts are without their OC due to illness and they are still calling a better game than the Bengals in this game so far.
[/quote]

If its that 24 hour stomach thing my heart really goes out to him.
And anyone else who gets it.
My son (home from college) was hit hard Thursday-Friday and I came down with it
like I was poleaxed Saturday morning.
Watched the game laying on the living room floor and a combination of the
killer bug and the abominable game has me really down in the dumps today.

Lots of who is to blame and why and what did and didn't, should have and could
have but bottom line is the Bengals simply did not look like they were the least bit
prepared to be on the field.
Why in the world didn't they throw to AJ? Is J Joe THAT good?
And Gresham and Maualuga (and Andy) picked the wrong time to have an off day.
Almost expect it with Gresham and Maualuga but I read where it was Andy's second
worse day as a pro. I think he can get it done, have not lost faith, but he has to have the
right surrounding cast (felt the same way with Carson Palmer).
And never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to see Geno and crew not even get close
to the quarterback much less plant him a few times. Never.
And I was sooooooo fucking sick of hearing JJ Watt's name and the ass sucking man love
from the commentators... Geno not stepping up just added to it.

Off topic and venting but a miserable day all around.

Only care about the playoffs for my pool picks.

I'd like to see the Seahawks win to attain for he 2005 ass raping from the NFL so fatass Bettis could get his ring in his hometown.
I also want the steer fucking texans to lose so I don't have to hear about JJ watt and the Gatorade stealing Joseph.

Archived