[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1357573122' post='1205885']
It's funny that we have one thread saying we never have guys wide open like other teams get, and another thread saying dalton always had wide open receivers but never sees them.
[/quote]

Don't count on threads, look at the game again. Dalton has receivers open a large majority of the time but he predetermines where he's going with the ball 9 out of 10 times. A few huge 3rd down plays AJ Green is wide open, WIDE OPEN but Dalton never looks his way. Green's body language tells you all you need to know.

Houston had wide open receivers Saturday because the Bengals played zone all game....unfortunately, our guys play the zone like a robot would. They're in their positions but don't use their brain to close in on the defender once he's looking to settle into the gap, effectively limiting the space the QB has to get it to the receiver. They stay in their zone responsibility until the pass is made, then converge.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1357574376' post='1205890']
Sorry but that's a bunch of horseshit. Where were you when the 20-yd pass right on the sideline won the game against Pittsburgh? What about the mid-length passes against the Texans that went off the hands of Gresham, Jones, Hawkins.. What about the numbers Sanu was putting up, largely working just the kind of routes you're talking about? If nobody is open or the QB has to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds, there's not going to be a lot going on downfield.

You're completely ghost when the team is winning, and as soon as they lose a game you pop back up to shit on Dalton. Obvious agenda is obvious.
[/quote]

Maybe he's frustrated after a loss, enough so that he wants to post to relieve some frustration? Not much frustration after a win so maybe that's why you don't see him around. Maybe that's just how his schedule works out. We all want the Bengals to succeed....nobody here is reveling in the loss or lack of success by Dalton. We want the success so much, that it leads to frustration when it isn't achieved.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357578472' post='1205952']
Don't count on threads, look at the game again. Dalton has receivers open a large majority of the time but he predetermines where he's going with the ball 9 out of 10 times. A few huge 3rd down plays AJ Green is wide open, WIDE OPEN but Dalton never looks his way. Green's body language tells you all you need to know.

Houston had wide open receivers Saturday because the Bengals played zone all game....unfortunately, our guys play the zone like a robot would. They're in their positions but don't use their brain to close in on the defender once he's looking to settle into the gap, effectively limiting the space the QB has to get it to the receiver. They stay in their zone responsibility until the pass is made, then converge.

Maybe he's frustrated after a loss, enough so that he wants to post to relieve some frustration? Not much frustration after a win so maybe that's why you don't see him around. Maybe that's just how his schedule works out. We all want the Bengals to succeed....nobody here is reveling in the loss or lack of success by Dalton. We want the success so much, that it leads to frustration when it isn't achieved.
[/quote]Dalton4HOF has basically been forced to not post on his own message board that he created, because his opinion of Andy Dalton doesn't match everyone else's. It's a joke really...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1357579136' post='1205964']
Dalton4HOF has basically been forced to not post on his own message board that he created, because his opinion of Andy Dalton doesn't match everyone else's. It's a joke really...
[/quote]

That is sad if that's actually the case. But Go's a big boy, he can handle himself in his arguments. The evidence backs his opinion as well.

I think that's why I go overboard in my Dalton criticism at times because some are so blind to his faults.....or so quick to excuse them.

Dalton4HOF has basically been forced to not post on his own message board that he created, because his opinion of Andy Dalton doesn't match everyone else's. It's a joke really...
[/quote]

that's bullshit, and both you and Go know it. Go has never shied away from an argument on this site, and at times, has actively trolled his own site when he has an opinion he feels strongly about.

If Go has chosen not to post more, that's his own choice. He hasn't been forced to do a damn thing.

Offensive Line needs improved.... Maybe it's just putting Robinson in. I don't know since I'm not that good at evaluating the play in the trenches. If the O-line plays better, we are good... If they don't, we see this kind of Offense. Yes, we need at least 1 or 2 more playmakers but without the time ....Andy will not do anything to save the game. Also need some athletic LB to cover a damn TE. Just what I see.

[/quote]

Completely agree. I dont nessasarly find myself agreeing with him or those on the other side about it, but to shun people who dont care for a certian player regardless of who that player is, is pathetic.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357580196' post='1205983']
that's bullshit, and both you and Go know it. Go has never shied away from an argument on this site, and at times, has actively trolled his own site when he has an opinion he feels strongly about.

If Go has chosen not to post more, that's his own choice. He hasn't been forced to do a damn thing.
[/quote]

No it isnt, after a while you can only get so much production from the same argument over and over again.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1357574033' post='1205887']
Please rephrase this, I'm not sure what your talking about our line backers have nothing to do with why our WRs cant get open.
[/quote]

I was referring to the title of this thread--the wide open receivers that Houston had. When Daniels or Foster caught the ball, they were so wide open, I couldn't even see a defender on my screen

[quote name='Sea Ray' timestamp='1357596378' post='1206129']
I was referring to the title of this thread--the wide open receivers that Houston had. When Daniels or Foster caught the ball, they were so wide open, I couldn't even see a defender on my screen
[/quote]

Ok because I was talking about why our WRs have had troubble getting open.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1357595914' post='1206120']

Completely agree. I dont nessasarly find myself agreeing with him or those on the other side about it, but to shun people who dont care for a certian player regardless of who that player is, is pathetic.
[/quote]

Dude he started a thread last year guessing how many picks dalton would throw in a game. E changed his name and sig to openly mock our starting qb.

Biases aside and opinions on the player aside, are those not blatantly trolling moves?

I do agree that he does get shit on about brat a lot, but at the end of the day the majority of his bengals posts this year are about dalton and anti dalton. He rarely posts about other bengals related stuff and when he does he usually actually has good comments. He just chooses not to do that as much.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1357595996' post='1206122']
No it isnt, after a while you can only get so much production from the same argument over and over again.
[/quote]

let's not pretend that Go himself didn't have anything to do with the way he was viewed by some on the board over the last 2 years.

He's not an innocent victim, and very much made his own bed. You can't purposely try and piss off posters and then complain about the way you're treated.

[quote name='BENGALBRIAN22' timestamp='1357581521' post='1205995']
Offensive Line needs improved.... Maybe it's just putting Robinson in. I don't know since I'm not that good at evaluating the play in the trenches. If the O-line plays better, we are good... If they don't, we see this kind of Offense. Yes, we need at least 1 or 2 more playmakers but without the time ....Andy will not do anything to save the game. Also need some athletic LB to cover a damn TE. Just what I see.
[/quote]

Yes I think the o-line is simply fixed by replacing Cook with Robinson. And don't forget Wharton coming back next year. I think Boling really suffered down the stretch.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1357602970' post='1206199']

Yes I think the o-line is simply fixed by replacing Cook with Robinson. And don't forget Wharton coming back next year. I think Boling really suffered down the stretch.
[/quote]

I think we have the right pieces for a good o-line. I do believe that they went experience down the stretch with Cook, and that may not have been the right move, but I also think the two young guys were not as effective either. I like the idea of having Cook and Robinson battle for the C spot, as well as Wharton and Bolling for the LG spot in preseason next year.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1357596936' post='1206137']
Dude he started a thread last year guessing how many picks dalton would throw in a game. E changed his name and sig to openly mock our starting qb.

Biases aside and opinions on the player aside, are those not blatantly trolling moves?

I do agree that he does get shit on about brat a lot, but at the end of the day the majority of his bengals posts this year are about dalton and anti dalton. He rarely posts about other bengals related stuff and when he does he usually actually has good comments. He just chooses not to do that as much.
[/quote]

I dont see it that way. I see it as him openly mocking people who cant, better, refuse to take a critical eye to him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357597273' post='1206142']
let's not pretend that Go himself didn't have anything to do with the way he was viewed by some on the board over the last 2 years.

He's not an innocent victim, and very much made his own bed. You can't purposely try and piss off posters and then complain about the way you're treated.
[/quote]

x 5 bazillion

C'mon, it was pretty funny when Go created a whole thread just to annoy everyone and gloat about Brat staying.... And then.... Brat got fired.

As frustrating as Gruden can be, I don't miss Brat even a little. This offense needs a number 2 WR, a TE that can catch, and/or a fast RB. We're lacking players and experience on offense bad.

I'm probably the wrong person to comment on Go.... When you meet him he is a great person. He loves football and loves the Bengals. I bought a season ticket off of him for 2 years and sat next to him. Met his wife and 1st kid. Also, met quite a few of you on this board those 2 seasons.

He can get pretty "salty" (love that term from Zim) on here. But where he and Dan went wrong is to allow a personal friendship with the Bratkowski family get in the way on here. And it still festers today. Very sad to see, because I do think very highly of Ryan.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1357640306' post='1206306']
I dont see it that way. I see it as him openly mocking people who cant, better, refuse to take a critical eye to him.
[/quote]\

You do realize he has been ripping on dalton and openly rooting for his failure since before he even took a regular season snap right? I mean Go has even admitted it...

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1357652370' post='1206320']
\

You do realize he has been ripping on dalton and openly rooting for his failure since before he even took a regular season snap right? I mean Go has even admitted it...
[/quote]

He simply doesnt think he is a good QB or has the tools to be one, and thinks that it will benifit the team to replace him sooner than later.

I'm more in the wait and see boat, and willing to wait 2 more years max before we start looking at other options but I'm not going to front him for his opinion.

Archived