Updated thread title: Gruden staying with Bengals

[b] Cardinals to interview Jay Gruden[/b]

Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2013, 8:45 PM EST

With the drive to hire Andy Reid permanently stalled at the five-yard line, the Cardinals still need a head coach.

And despite spending plenty of time interviewing defensive coordinator Ray Horton, the Cardinals will continue to consider additional candidates.

According to the Cardinals’ official website, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden [url="https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/288094341795303425"]will interview for the job[/url] this week.

Gruden, the younger brother of former Raiders and Bucs coach Jon Gruden, opted not to pusue head-coaching opportunities in 2012. This year, he is expected to be interviewed both by the Cardinals and the Eagles.

Speaking of Jon Gruden, an eerie silence has arisen regarding the question of whether he’s ready to return to the NFL. He may be opting to employ the approach used by college coaches (or that used to be used by college coaches) of discretion and secrecy. And Jon Gruden is regarded as the most likely candidate to suddenly supplant Jason Garrett, if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones decides that the changes he has promised for 2013 will include changing coaches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/cardinals-to-interview-jay-gruden/

if he gets the gig, I hope Hue gets the OC job. I don't care that he's not a WC guy - he's a helluva coordinator/offensive mind, and he's great with QBs. Zimmer wasn't a 3-4 guy, but when Parcells came, he had to learn it in one off-season. I'm sure Hue could do it if called upon.

I hope he gets it. I like the Hue idea. I love Hue. He's the only one who could wrangle d-bags and make them into team players. You can't just pick boy scouts, you need talent and with talent usually comes faggotry.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1357528125' post='1205731']
Take him
[/quote]

This time last year I was worried about it happening. This year, dgaf. Replaced one pass-wacky OC with another. At least Gruden has shown some creativity, I guess. It's cool if he stays but.. meh.

He is getting an interview because of his last name. Nothing he has done as an offensive coordinator for the last two years(never dipped below the top 20) for the Bengals suggests he has earned a head coaching job or should even be considered for a head coaching job. Remove the word coordinator from his title and that's what this offense has been.......OFFENSIVE! There have been some moments of explosiveness, but never against a big time defense.

Think about it. No targets for AJ in the first half. Green-Ellis finishes the game w/ just 11 carries at over 7yds a pop. Cedric Peerman.......never even touched the ball once! Not to mention lack of creativity when it comes to getting the ball into hawkins hands in space. I wont be heartbroken if he is gone that for sure.

Archived