Updated thread title: Gruden staying with Bengals

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1357598146' post='1206152']
I wouldn't be upset if he left. If we had to choose, I'd much rather keep Zimmer.

And we had a playoff party the other day... you have no idea how many times I heard "Mike Zimmerman"... it was killing me.
[/quote]

Living in Dallas, if I had a dollar for every "Michael Irving" or "Irwin" reference, I wouldn't have to work ever again.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1357598508' post='1206161']

Living in Dallas, if I had a dollar for every "Michael Irving" or "Irwin" reference, I wouldn't have to work ever again.
[/quote]

I never thought of this but maybe we're the weirdos for caring enough to know the correct names.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1357599218' post='1206173']

I never thought of this but maybe we're the weirdos for caring enough to know the correct names.
[/quote]

Nah it's the fair weather fans who jump in and try to sound like they know what they're talking about. You're good.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1357528394' post='1205734']
This time last year I was worried about it happening. This year, dgaf.
[/quote]

This.

Hue Jackson or Ken Zampese can't possibly call a worse game. The Bengals would be well served to keep the same terminology, but a little less West Coast in this offense wouldn't be a bad thing.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1357611133' post='1206232']
I, for one, would not be happy with losing Gruden right now. Sure, maybe he has had a bad game or maybe even a bad couple of games, but I would rather have the continuity of the offense, at least for next year. Just mho.
[/quote]

As long as the next OC is hired from within, there's no reason the scheme or terminology need to change.

I suppose Hue Jackson would install something completely different, but any of the other coaches (particularly Ken Zampese) have been teaching Jay Gruden's system exclusively for two years.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1357604414' post='1206208']
I really really hope Gruden leaves. His offense is crap.
[/quote]

His offensive has been crap ever since the Miami game IMO but right now, I agree

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1357617407' post='1206288']
His offensive has been crap ever since the Miami game IMO but right now, I agree
[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like our WRs dont run that many routes. It seems like we run so many comeback or hitch routes.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1357622226' post='1206298']
Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like our WRs dont run that many routes. It seems like we run so many comeback or hitch routes.
[/quote]

I definitely think there are routes missing from this offense. Particularly screens, slants and more crossing routes (something Dalton ran a lot of at TCU).

I don't know the answer... but I do know what I see and this offense is inept. Be it Gruden or Dalton, dropped passes, wrong routes, not a home run threat at RB, the oline, injuries or they are just young. Point a finger at everyone one of them. Which is concerning because everyone is at fault. Not just one area.

The optimist in me wants to see the positives. That they are oh so close. But I also see why some folks are down on Marvin, Gruden, and Dalton. I'm not going to criticize either group. There is legit reasons on each side.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1357650334' post='1206316']
I don't know the answer... but I do know what I see and this offense is inept. Be it Gruden or Dalton, dropped passes, wrong routes, not a home run threat at RB, the oline, injuries or they are just young. Point a finger at everyone one of them. Which is concerning because[b] e[b]veryone [/b]is at fault.[/b] [b]Not just one area[/b].

The optimist in me wants to see the positives. That they are oh so close. But I also see why some folks are down on Marvin, Gruden, and Dalton. I'm not going to criticize either group. There is legit reasons on each side.
[/quote]

Truer words have not been spoken. However, a voice of reason at this point, so soon after our season is over, will not be received well. Thank you for providing a set of words for those struggling to make sense of this season.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1357650334' post='1206316']
I don't know the answer... but I do know what I see and this offense is inept. Be it Gruden or Dalton, dropped passes, wrong routes, not a home run threat at RB, the oline, injuries or they are just young. [b]Point a finger at everyone one of them. Which is concerning because everyone is at fault. Not just one area.[/b]

[/quote]

hopefully a lot of it is youth related. Young players make mistakes, and 6 guys started Saturday that aren't even in their primes yet.

Archived