Trying to get an idea of who will be around at 21 mock

1. Chiefs - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia - Reid gets his QB who compares favorable to McNabb.
2. Jaguars - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State - Jags need a pass rush and are trying to build the fan base by taking local talent.
3. Raiders - DE Jarvis Jones, Georgia - Raiders need a pass rusher and Jones is a great one.
4. Eagles - OT Luke Joeckle, Texas A&M - O-line was in shambles last season and Peters may not be back from injury.
5. Lions - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M - Lions pass rush needs some help.
6. Browns - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama - Had a really hard time with this pick. None of the other top rated players fill a need. Cleveland needs a #2 CB.
7. Cardinals - QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas - Pretty obvious they need a quarterback.
8. Bills - QB Matt Barkley, USC - His stock fell a bit this season but he's still a good prospect and fills a major need.
9. Jets - OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU - They really really need a QB but with none available worth the pick they reach a bit to fill another major need.
10. Titans - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah - Fills a large hole in their defensive line.
11. Chargers - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan - They've still never replaced Marcus McNeil 2 years later.
12. Dolphins - WR Keenan Allen, California - Tannehill finally gets a #1 WR to work with.
13. Buccaneers - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon - They need a better pass rush to help their struggling secondary.
14. Panthers - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee - Cam needs more playmakers on offense. Steve Smith is old.
15. Saints - DE Sam Montgomery, LSU - They need a lot of help on defense.
16. Rams - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama - Guard is their biggest need.
17. Steelers - MLB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame - Getting old on defense.
18. Cowboys - DT Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State - Nose tackles is a big need.
19. Giants - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia - Not sure if he'll play outside or inside for them but they need both.
20. Bears - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan - Jamarcus Webb is absolute garbage.
[color=#ff8c00][b]21. Bengals - RB Gio Bernard, North Carolina - Gives us a home run threat on offense and special teams.[/b][/color]
22. Rams from Redskins - WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson - #1 receiver for Bradford
23. Vikings - CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
24. Colts - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
25. Ravens - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
26. Seahawks - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
27. 49ers - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
28. Texans - WR Terrance Williams, Baylor
29. Patriots - DE Ezekial Ansah, BYU
30. Falcons - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
31. Packers - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
32. Broncos - DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina

33. Jaguars - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
34. Chiefs - WR Robert Woods, USC
35. Eagles - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
36. Lions - OG Barrett Jones, Alabama
[color=#ff8c00][b]37. Bengals - S Matt Elam, Florida - Raw technically but has all the physical ability to be a beast[/b][/color]

Didn't have time to finish all the explanations

To me Bernard is a bit of a reach at 21 but not a huge one. I think you could trade back a few spots and still get him. The only team that would pick after us that I could see taking a RB in the first would be the Packers.

I am guessing that Bengals don't see RB as a big enough need to take one in the first round. There is several quality RBs that will be available in rounds 2-4. I am guessing that they try to upgrade another position in the first and then start looking RB after that.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1357680079' post='1206503']
There are too many RBs with grades at a smilar spot to take Bernard in 1. Either Bernard, Randel, Lacey or someone will be there at 37 if not 53.
[/quote]
Bernard is head and shoulders better than randle. Lacy doesn't fit the speed type gruden said he covets. I don't see a huge difference between Vaccaro, Reid, Elam and Jefferson so I'm more willing to count on getting one of them at 37 than miss out on Gio and get a much less talented RB.

Does anyone else think Geno Smith doesn't end up going number one? I know that seems to be the consensus right now but by the time it all gets said and done I'm willing to bet he ends up not even being the first QB taken. The guy just seems like a headcase to me and I have a feeling he's gonna some scare teams off when they really start diggin into him. I think I already saw a tweet from somebody today that said he's skipping the Sr Bowl. That would definitely get him off to a rough start. Stay tuned.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1357697463' post='1206569']
Does anyone else think Geno Smith doesn't end up going number one? I know that seems to be the consensus right now but by the time it all gets said and done I'm willing to bet he ends up not even being the first QB taken. The guy just seems like a headcase to me and I have a feeling he's gonna some scare teams off when they really start diggin into him. I think I already saw a tweet from somebody today that said he's skipping the Sr Bowl. That would definitely get him off to a rough start. Stay tuned.
[/quote]

Skipping the senior bowl is not that big of a deal. A lot of the top picks don't ever play in any extra bowl games. I think he will go in the top five but I don't know if he will be number one overall. His stock will stay high because he is a very athletic QB and a bit of a poor mans RG3.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1357697650' post='1206570']
It's not unusual for the #1 pick to skip the Senior bowl, either because he isn't a senior or because his agent doesn't want to risk injury.
[/quote]

yea skipping the Senior Bowl is actually becoming the norm for the top QB's. That, and not throwing at the combine.

Lately, agents have been steering the top QB's to save everything for the Pro Day.

it's one thing for an elite prospect like Andrew Luck to skip the Sr Bowl, it's quite another for a guy like Geno Smith to do it though. The kid has plenty of question marks and I just think this is a move that backfires on him in the end.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1357742575' post='1206642']
it's one thing for an elite prospect like Andrew Luck to skip the Sr Bowl, it's quite another for a guy like Geno Smith to do it though. The kid has plenty of question marks and I just think this is a move that backfires on him in the end.
[/quote]

didn't hurt Cam Newton. There were certainly questions about Cam as a passer, and there still are.

yeah and Cam had just got done single-handedly carrying his team to a NC, while Geno pretty much stunk it up down the stretch for his team...we'll see how it turns out for him, but like I said, I'm willing to bet that by the time it all plays itself out he's not even the first QB taken. I just think in this case it wasn't a smart move.

to be clear, I don't think he won't be the number 1 overall pick just because he decided not to play in the Sr Bowl, I simply think the guy is hugely overrated....it's just that when you've got got as many question marks as he does and you finish off your college career losing 6 out of your last 8 games and on top of it you look like complete shit in your bowl game...I absolutely think it's pretty foolish of him to not go to Mobile.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1357761449' post='1206815']
to be clear, I don't think he won't be the number 1 overall pick just because he decided not to play in the Sr Bowl, I simply think the guy is hugely overrated....it's just that when you've got got as many question marks as he does and you finish off your college career losing 6 out of your last 8 games and then look like complete shit in your bowl game...I absolutely think it's pretty foolish of him to not go to Mobile.
[/quote]

If there was just the senior bowel then I can understand your argument. He will have the combine, his pro day, and individual workouts with teams to get questions answered. Going to the senior bowl will more than likely only hurt his stock. He will have a better opportunity to show off his talents at his pro day where it is more controlled and he's going have guys to throw to he used to.

Plus if he is already getting feedback that he might go in the top five why do any extra that could hurt your stock.

The thing is, he ended the year looking rough as hell, I just think he needs to start getting that bad taste out of peoples mouths as soon as possible. The longer it's in there the harder it's going to be to get rid of it. Sr Bowl would've been a good place to start. I just think he's making a mistake is all.

I think Geno is overrated myself. He may get overdrafted simply because he is a athletic QB who thrived in a spread offense like RGIII. I just cannot see how a guy that inconsistent can be drafted 1st. Next year has a glutton of QB's. The Chiefs would be wise to wait and see if they could possibly get Flynn.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357675999' post='1206477']
I agree that IMO its a reach to go any RB at 21. Especially in this scenario where Joseph Randle and Eddie Lacy are still sitting there at 37.

The 2nd round is where you're gonna wanna target a RB this year.
[/quote]

Don't be surprised if rb is the pick. We picked Perry as a change of pace guy in the first round in 2004.

Archived