Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - RBs

EmDiggy

ball and ellington over bernard, lacy and randle? not sure about those rankings, but that's just me.

IMO Randle is the most complete back in the draft. How is he not even on your list?

Ball
Ellington
Franklin
Taylor
Lacy
Graham
Gillislee
Rouse
Stacy
Bell
Bernard
Jamison
Riddick
Barner
Sofele
Ware (did he declare?)

btw, like the michael bush comparison for Bell. I need to watch more of Rouse, Jamison and Stacy. Definitely think Sofele could be a sleeper. Same with Mike James. I put him in a mock a few weeks ago.

I haven't watched much tape of the backs, but the guys that I really like in this draft:

1. Giovanni Bernard. Quite possibly the most complete back in the draft. Wouldn't be upset if our first pick was used on him or we traded back and took him. Immediate impact back.
2. Eddie Lacy- A mac truck. Looks really agile for his size. Has no problem getting to the second level. Not sure what he does in the pass game or blocking, but his running passes the eye test. Not many guys did well against ND, but he made a heisman candidate look like a DIII linebacker in the biggest college football game of their lives.
3. Ray Graham- Unbelievably shifty. I know he comes from the same school as Shady, but he is a carbon copy of McCoy. Has some character and looks like some injury concerns. Excellent checkdown option in the pass game. Could be great in the screen game with his shiftiness. I think he may be the perfect option if we aren't using a real high pick on a back.
4. Stefan Taylor- Hard nosed runner. Good size. Won't break any long, but very consistent and could likely make a impact from day one considering he is a Stanford grad. Looks like he evolved as a receiver this year. Wouldn't cost a very high draft pick.

I'd be elated with Giovanni though. Dude has all the characteristics of a star back in the making. Looks like he has 4 fumbles in 248 carries though. That will have to be cleaned up.

IMO, once all is said and done, Montee Ball is going to go a lot higher in the draft than people seem to think he will. The guy is just a beast and I think he's faster than people wanna give him credit for too. The only thing I worry about is the amount of wear and tear he endured at Wisc because they rode him like a rented mule...if all checks out though, I certainly wouldn't mind having him here. He's a guy that does everything well and he'll be an impact player wherever he ends up provided he stays healthy.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1357931827' post='1207417']
IMO, once all is said and done, Montee Ball is going to go a lot higher in the draft than people seem to think he will. The guy is just a beast and I think he's faster than people wanna give him credit for. The only thing I worry about is the amount of wear and tear he endured at Wisc because they rode him like a rented mule...if all checks out though, I certainly wouldn't mind having him here. He's a guy that does everything well and he'll be an impact player wherever he ends up provided he stays healthy.
[/quote]

I just don't see him any better than a high 2. He was considered a 3rd rounder last year, which is why he went back, and he wasn't as good in 2012 as he was in 2011, plus the wear and tear, and now 2 concussions.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357932039' post='1207420']
I just don't see him any better than a high 2. He was considered a 3rd rounder last year, which is why he went back, and he wasn't as good in 2012 as he was in 2011, plus the wear and tear, and now 2 concussions.
[/quote]

I disagree that he wasn't as good in '12 as he was in '11....I wasn't a big fan of him at all going into the 2012 season, I actually thought he was pretty overrated but I watched him A TON last year and the guy was simply amazing. He started off a little slow coming back from that first concussion but once he got going he was unstoppable. EVERY team he faced game-planned to stop him and yet every game I watched he was getting 150-200+ yards against 8 man fronts without fail. He's also very underrated when it comes to catching the ball and is an absolute beast in pass protection. The guy is just a bigtime gamer. I'd have no problem whatsoever using a 2nd rd pick on him as long as he checks out physically. He's like Cory Dillon 2.0 without the baggage.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357932109' post='1207422']
was the video made before Randle declared?
[/quote]

I tried to hold out as long as I could before making the video..but I made it a day before he declared :( He's another guy that should've stayed in school.. He's running through gaping holes at OSU which are a product of the Spread system. I don't see anything other than a 4th-6th round pick

[quote name='EmDiggy' timestamp='1357936336' post='1207437']
I tried to hold out as long as I could before making the video..but I made it a day before he declared :( He's another guy that should've stayed in school.. He's running through gaping holes at OSU which are a product of the Spread system. I don't see anything other than a 4th-6th round pick
[/quote]

I'm far from an expert, but I try to ignore the oline play and simply watch for vision, explosion, etc.

running lanes aside, I'm definitely seeing NFL skills. 6'1 200lbs with at least 4.5 speed. Can block, is solid in catching out of the backfield and can rush inside or outside.

Archived