Te'o Poll

Te'o  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you take Te'o now?

• 3rd round
    • 4th or later
    • CFA
    • Wouldn't touch him

Te'o may be a rube, but no question he is a top talent at a position of need for the Bengals. It will be interesting to see his workout numbers. But nothing about this hoax situation would warn me off. I hope it has that affect on other teams,though. I'd consider taking him at 21, but would love to see him fall to us early in the second. But then I said much the same thing about another Samoan LB back in 2009.

[quote name='blueridge' timestamp='1359583916' post='1212070']
Te'o may be a rube, but no question he is a top talent at a position of need for the Bengals. It will be interesting to see his workout numbers. But nothing about this hoax situation would warn me off. I hope it has that affect on other teams,though. I'd consider taking him at 21, but would love to see him fall to us early in the second. But then I said much the same thing about another Samoan LB back in 2009.
[/quote]
Um... Manti is Hawaiian. Rey is Samoan. Do "they" all look alike to you? Just fucking with you. They are both technically Pacific Islander, or Polynesian.

[quote name='blueridge' timestamp='1359583916' post='1212070']
[/quote]
That national title game performance scares me more than his gullibility, because that speaks more about his trust than intelligence imo, and I am not sure if I want to roll the dice on this one unless it's third round or lower.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1359797176' post='1212643']
That national title game performance scares me more than his gullibility, because that speaks more about his trust than intelligence imo, and I am not sure if I want to roll the dice on this one unless it's third round or lower.
[/quote]

I think the sideshow going on had an effect on Teo's performance vs Alabama. Teo was deep in it already and could have effected his play IMO.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1360085472' post='1213167']
I think the sideshow going on had an effect on Teo's performance vs Alabama. Teo was deep in it already and could have effected his play IMO.
[/quote]

I agree, especially if he truthfully didn't find out it was a hoax until December 27th.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1360085598' post='1213168']
I agree, especially if he truthfully didn't find out it was a hoax until December 27th.
[/quote]
I don't believe a word that he says. His body language in the interview was screaming that he was lying. Not to mention the thousands of inconsistencies in the stories. This whole thing has really turned me off (no homo) from him.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1360086476' post='1213169']
I don't believe a word that he says. His body language in the interview was screaming that he was lying. Not to mention the thousands of inconsistencies in the stories. This whole thing has really turned me off (no homo) from him.
[/quote]

yes, but in fairness you've stated you're not a fan of his play either.

I'm inclined to think he found out about it earlier than he's letting on, but if this turns out to be his only off-the-field wart, I don't see any reason what he did is worse than other guys who are routinely taken in the first round.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1359769471' post='1212624']

Um... Manti is Hawaiian. Rey is Samoan. Do "they" all look alike to you? Just fucking with you. They are both technically Pacific Islander, or Polynesian.
[/quote]

Te'o has Hawaiian, Samoan and Polynesian blood.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/20462037/notre-dames-revival-can-be-traced-to-arrival-of-humble-hawaiian-teo

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1360086656' post='1213170']
yes, but in fairness you've stated you're not a fan of his play either.

I'm inclined to think he found out about it earlier than he's letting on, but if this turns out to be his only off-the-field wart, I don't see any reason what he did is worse than other guys who are routinely taken in the first round.
[/quote]
I liked him for most of the year but honestly the only Notre Dame game I watched all of was the National Championship. Felt like I was watching Rey in the first game of the 2012 season when he was 265 pounds. Then all this crazy shit came out.

This is how it played out for me:
All the games before the National Championship - great player
National Championship - maybe this dude is overrated, maybe it's just one bad game?
Fake girlfriend - something is wrong with this dude
Scouting - he's Rey with interceptions, do not want

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1360086476' post='1213169']
[/quote]

Being in law enforcement, you obviously have studied up on body language. I'm not in law enforcement but I too have studied body language extensively and there were too many inconsistencies in his body language to be able to form an opinion, IMO. What's the biggest rule to reading body language? You have to observe in clusters as one or two isolated motions, reactions cannot tell you something definitively. His "lying" body language was contradicted with truthfulness regarding the same question so I was not convinced one way or the other as to his truthfulness. I'm sure he's telling a few lies within the larger story to not look even more foolish (if even possible) but I'm of the opinion that he was duped in some fashion.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1360091593' post='1213187']
Being in law enforcement, you obviously have studied up on body language. I'm not in law enforcement but I too have studied body language extensively and there were too many inconsistencies in his body language to be able to form an opinion, IMO. What's the biggest rule to reading body language? You have to observe in clusters as one or two isolated motions, reactions cannot tell you something definitively. His "lying" body language was contradicted with truthfulness regarding the same question so I was not convinced one way or the other as to his truthfulness. I'm sure he's telling a few lies within the larger story to not look even more foolish (if even possible) but I'm of the opinion that he was duped in some fashion.
[/quote]

I'm a little out of it because I was not so all into the fake girlfriend etc. stuff because, bottom line, who really gives a fuck?
He got Catfished or he was all into it for some other reason, yada, and the national media got ahold of it making him the
world's biggest horse's sphincter.

But reading the insights, etc. here, especially lately, I am wondering if he Rey Maualuga Part Deux.
Looked at his (Rey's) college career print bling and per that, they already had the nitch carved out in Canton
and were preparing the bust.
But as for Rey, after further review, he seems to have benefitted from an even better surrounding cast
(wasn't he actually the last of the three linebackers to be drafted) who made him look better than he was
and covered weaknesses? When out of the system and with NFL competition, he did not have the football
smarts or instincts to even be middle of the road.

So is Te'o the real deal or a paper tiger?

This catfish stuff is simply moronic.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1360092974' post='1213189']
I'm a little out of it because I was not so all into the fake girlfriend etc. stuff because, bottom line[b], who really gives a fuck?[/b]
He got Catfished or he was all into it for some other reason, yada, and the national media got ahold of it making him the

But reading the insights, etc. here, especially lately, I am wondering if he Rey Maualuga Part Deux.
Looked at his (Rey's) college career print bling and per that, they already had the nitch carved out in Canton
But as for Rey, after further review, he seems to have benefitted from an even better surrounding cast
(wasn't he actually the last of the three linebackers to be drafted) who made him look better than he was
and covered weaknesses? When out of the system and with NFL competition, he did not have the football

[/quote]

kind of feel like the bolded. All of the "oh he owes everyone an apology", etc... was overblown. Outside of his friends/family, he didn't really owe anyone anything. He didn't break any laws. Don't know why T'eo even bothered to comment on it publicly. He didn't owe the public anything. Speak to teams about it at the combine, and have that be the end of it.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1360092974' post='1213189']
I'm a little out of it because I was not so all into the fake girlfriend etc. stuff because, bottom line, who really gives a fuck?

[/quote]

I guess the only reason anyone is still "giving a shit" is because we were discussing his draft stock and akiliMVP stated that his lying was a reason he personally, along with weighing other factors, didn't want to draft Teo.

And it's funny because we all say "who gives a shit really" ....well the media does and if they do, at least 3/5 of the population will give a shit because they're morons. The media literally dictates to you essentially what you will talk about at "the water cooler", who you will vote for etc.. but I digress.

Archived