Te'o Poll

Te'o  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you take Te'o now?

• 3rd round
    • 4th or later
    • CFA
    • Wouldn't touch him

I posted this in the other thread but might be better in this one.

I would like to see Te'o explain this story from the South Bend [url="http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach"]newspaper[/url].

[quote]Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]"That was just in June," Brian Te'o said. "I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that's exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia's mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]Brian awakened three hours later, saw the text, and sent one back. There was no response. A couple of hours later, Manti called his parents, his heart in pieces.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=inherit][size=4]Lennay Kekua had died.[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1358393479' post='1208783']
I really don't believe him. The star LB for ND doesn't have an online girlfriend he has never met.
[/quote]

So how did the thread go from something about him being gay
to getting hooked up with an online scammer?

And who cares?

[url="http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax"]http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax[/url]
[b]^ FULL ARTICLE [/b]

[b]He either got "Catfished", or is a major fuckbag.[/b]

[b]There was no Lennay Kekua. [/b]

Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009.

Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford.

Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii.

Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident.

Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone.

She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia.

She never had a bone marrow transplant.

She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone.

She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral.

Her favorite color was not white.

Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist.

Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly.

She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

[center][size=7][color=#008000][b]PWNED[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1358394540' post='1208788']
So how did the thread go from something about him being gay
to getting hooked up with an online scammer?

And who cares?
[/quote]

Manti T'eo is not gay.

...but his boyfriend is. :32:

[center][img]http://www.cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/teoground07.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][size=8][b]LOL part II[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=8][b][img]http://www.trolltidetroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/480x256xManti-Teo-Misses-Tackles-Not-Girlfriend.png.pagespeed.ic.hC9E_-EREC.png[/img][/b][/size][/center]

Waiting to hear more details about this whole situation.

Hearing from Teo doesn't do justice just yet, but maybe he was setup by someone with a random girl acting like someone else online.

Based on drafting him, I wouldn't take him at 21 and he might slide due to this and also other issues like Rey did, but still not sure he would make a difference on this team

[quote name='VBurfict55' timestamp='1358401570' post='1208813']
Hearing from Teo doesn't do justice just yet, but maybe he was setup by someone with a random girl acting like someone else online.
[/quote]

Considering his connection to this Ronaiah Tuiasosopo guy it sure sounds like he was involved.

Archived