Te'o  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you take Te'o now?

• 3rd round
    • 4th or later
    • CFA
    • Wouldn't touch him

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1358430244' post='1208884']
So beyond all of this circus sideshow shit...and Alabama...can the dude play?

I haven't paid much attention to him all year, or college football in general.
[/quote]

Yes. He can play. He even knows how to cover the middle of the field...

Here is the gratuitous highlight reel which you'll see about 3-5 plays into the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4[/media]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1358432557' post='1208899']
I've never taken a look at Manti's numbers, but he doesn't get a lot of solo tackles. A lot of assists. He may fall like a lead ball on draft day.
[/quote]

I don't agree, but Brian Billick seems to think this won't hurt his draft status at all, and that teams debate guys with far bigger warts every year.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1358432557' post='1208899']
I've never taken a look at Manti's numbers, but he doesn't get a lot of solo tackles. A lot of assists. He may fall like a lead ball on draft day.
[/quote]
Seriously if you want to know how he translates to the NFL watch Rey Maualuga. They're fucking doppelgangers. I'm betting Rey is involved in this hoax somehow.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1358432730' post='1208902']
Seriously if you want to know how he translates to the NFL watch Rey Maualuga. They're fucking doppelgangers. I'm betting Rey is involved in this hoax somehow.
[/quote]

Yes, but did Te'o ever get drunk and drive a high school girl's car into a parking meter in Kentucky?
Keeping with the seriousness of this topic and thread, let's stick to the important stuff.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1358433365' post='1208904']
Yes, but did Te'o ever get drunk and drive a high school girl's car into a parking meter in Kentucky?
Keeping with the seriousness of this topic and thread, let's stick to the important stuff.
[/quote]

the high school girl was fake.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1358433365' post='1208904']

[/quote]
Well supposedly he was all ready to go to BYU when they found out he got drunk and pulled their offer. That's close enough!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1358433481' post='1208905']

the high school girl was fake.
[/quote]
Rey was driving around Kentucky with a blow up doll wearing a varsity jacket

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1358434959' post='1208909']
When it happened and was a topic on the board, one of the posters went to Fairfield with her.
She was a Senior.
Yearbook, etc. pictures posted.
[b]Or did you forget a ninja?[/b]
[/quote]

thought it was an obvious enough joke to not need one...

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1358382991' post='1208757']
sports is always most progressive cause winning and $$$ matter more than feelings and shit
[/quote]

Nonsense. Look how long it took many SEC teams to add a black basketball player to the roster, WAY after the Armed Forces had integrated and after the Civil Rights amendment had passed.

How many openly gay men play team sports like basketball, football or baseball? Can't name one and being openly gay hasn't been a big deal in society for quite some time.

I don't think this a huge red flag. I don't think you can even get a $10 fine in the NFL for lying about an imaginary girlfriend. Its not a deal breaker.

That said the easiest explanation is usually the correct one and my guess is he made the entire thing up.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1358435709' post='1208912']
I don't think this a huge red flag. I don't think you can even get a $10 fine in the NFL for lying about an imaginary girlfriend. Its not a deal breaker.

That said the easiest explanation is usually the correct one and my guess is he made the entire thing up.
[/quote]

When you look at what he did or didn't at facevalue the whole thing is silly. But again why I reference Rey. The headcase factor worries me...

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1358437532' post='1208917']
When you look at what he did or didn't at facevalue the whole thing is silly. But again why I reference Rey. The headcase factor worries me...
[/quote]

Nahh, this was just good propaganda/marketing. He didn't break any laws, beat on anyone, stab anyone, bring a gun into a club, get caught on a drug test or anything of that nature.

Amazing thing was it took this long for someone to figure it out.

Archived