Display Driver Issue, I can has helps?

"Display driver r300 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
I get this ^ during regular browsing, opening new tabs, watching videos etc. There doesn't seem to be a real pattern to it when it happens.

I have made sure my display driver is updated, Radeon xpress 200m Series (yes, my laptop is ancient)
I have made sure DirectX is updated and Dx Diagnostics is showing everything working correctly
I have updated Adobe Flash and disabled "enable hardware acceleration"
I've cleared my browser.

I don't know what else to do!

I'm running Vista Home 32bit
Browser is Chrome

My system is pretty clean as I did a complete OS re-install about 6 months ago.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

can u check the manufacturer websute, like dell is support.dell.com, etc and put in the model number and grab the driver again? that was the ONLY good thing dell ever did, i put in my service tag # and it gave me all drivers, bios, everything, i had to install the OS every 6 months it seemed so it came in handy often, so whoever made the laptop check the site and reinstall the driver thats missing..?

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1358483829' post='1209181']
can u check the manufacturer websute, like dell is support.dell.com, etc and put in the model number and grab the driver again? that was the ONLY good thing dell ever did, i put in my service tag # and it gave me all drivers, bios, everything, i had to install the OS every 6 months it seemed so it came in handy often, so whoever made the laptop check the site and reinstall the driver thats missing..?
[/quote]
I went to Gateway's site and reinstalled the vga drivers for my model. No luck.

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1359132972' post='1210747']
I know the answer to this one, well maybe.

Try this link ... [url="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946"]http://support.micro....com/kb/2665946[/url]
[/quote]
Did all that, no help. I finally just did a system restore back to before the last round of Windows updates. Apparently one of the updates did not install correctly which caused the driver issue. Everything is working fine now :)

Archived