Who Are You Scouting? 2013 Draft

how cool would it be to grab both Green and Ray Graham, half-brothers.  Both, ironically also doing pre-draft prep in Cincy at Ignition with Cliff Marshall, who's a former Bengals coach.

I would be very happy if those 2 guys were in stripes next year.  Graham will be a year removed from that injury too.  Where is Graham projecting pre-combine?

I would be very happy if those 2 guys were in stripes next year.  Graham will be a year removed from that injury too.  Where is Graham projecting pre-combine?

RB's are tough to gauge this year as there's so many good ones IMO. A guy like Graham is likely a 3rd or 4th rounder, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if someone used a late 2nd on him.

how cool would it be to grab both Green and Ray Graham, half-brothers.  Both, ironically also doing pre-draft prep in Cincy at Ignition with Cliff Marshall, who's a former Bengals coach.

Kasheem Greene is working out at ignition? 

Would be awesome.  We would know first hand the work ethic, strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Add in to the fact that he is a fiery dude and then you have two fired up linebackers ready to make some plays.

Ray Graham would be exciting.  I know its cliche to compare him to Shady McCoy with them both attending the same college, but the guy is just as much of a jitterbug as McCoy.  Would be a perfect compliment to BJGE. 

Really need to trade down in this draft.  A lot of talent it seems will be falling between 25-40.

Kasheem Greene is working out at ignition? 

Would be awesome.  We would know first hand the work ethic, strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Add in to the fact that he is a fiery dude and then you have two fired up linebackers ready to make some plays.

Ray Graham would be exciting.  I know its cliche to compare him to Shady McCoy with them both attending the same college, but the guy is just as much of a jitterbug as McCoy.  Would be a perfect compliment to BJGE. 

Really need to trade down in this draft.  A lot of talent it seems will be falling between 25-40.

thinking that more and more each day.  There won't likely be a LB worth pick #21, they don't need to take a WR that high, they could take a safety but there will still be very good safeties at 37, and hopefully if free agency goes well they won't need to go OL or DL with the pick.

I'd give almost anything to have an extra 3rd and 4th this year, there's going to be some unbelievable value sitting on the board in both of those rounds. 

Ditto.

Also, re Green, everyone is saying he'd be great as a WLB.  Well, aren't we supposed to be looking for a starting SAM backer instead?

Been one of I've had my eye on as well.  A month or two ago a lot of people were talking about him as a C/G prospect, and for that reason, I'd think he might make a VERY good choice.  

35 reps for Cooper today....pretty impressive

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

UNC G/C Jonathan Cooper hoisted 225 pounds 35 times on the Combine bench press. Cooper has relatively short, 32-inch arms, although they are suitable for an interior lineman. This is a very strong bench total for him. Work ethic is certainly not a concern, and Cooper is helping to dispel notions that strength might be an issue after reporting to Indy at 312 pounds and showing well on the bench.

watched a bunch of guys today:

RB Kenjon Barner - I know he's small, but for some reason he seemed even shorter today.  

S Kenny Vacarro - yes please

RB Marcus Lattimore - watched his first game back from his original ACL injury.  Didn't look 100% and still put up I think close to 150yds

LB Sean Porter - like him, but looks a little stiff at times.  Would be a nice 3rd rounder as a SLB.

LB Jelani Jenkins - Still like this guy.  needs to firm up his angles, but has good athleticism.  Likely a 3rd or 4th rounder.

LB Zaviar Gooden - likely the fastest LB in the draft.  Needs to add a little weight, but not too much for today's NFL.  Probably a late 2nd rounder.

LB Travis Long - no thanks

LB Manti Te'o - I think the comparisons to Maualuga are somewhat unfair.  He's so much better than Maualuga in just about every category.  Maualuga may be a tick faster (not talking beginning of the season weight), but Te'o is so much better in play recognition, attacking the line, shedding blocks, and being a fiery leader.  IMO he's going to be a very legit consideration for the Bengals at pick #21 unless they've already committed to Burfict in the middle.  IMO they are going to wait until post free agency and draft to make that call.  It would be nice to drop 2-3 spots and get a 4th rounder too, but Te'o at #21 wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

watched a bunch of guys today:

RB Kenjon Barner - I know he's small, but for some reason he seemed even shorter today.  

S Kenny Vacarro - yes please

RB Marcus Lattimore - watched his first game back from his original ACL injury.  Didn't look 100% and still put up I think close to 150yds

LB Sean Porter - like him, but looks a little stiff at times.  Would be a nice 3rd rounder as a SLB.

LB Jelani Jenkins - Still like this guy.  needs to firm up his angles, but has good athleticism.  Likely a 3rd or 4th rounder.

LB Zaviar Gooden - likely the fastest LB in the draft.  Needs to add a little weight, but not too much for today's NFL.  Probably a late 2nd rounder.

LB Travis Long - no thanks

LB Manti Te'o - I think the comparisons to Maualuga are somewhat unfair.  He's so much better than Maualuga in just about every category.  Maualuga may be a tick faster (not talking beginning of the season weight), but Te'o is so much better in play recognition, attacking the line, shedding blocks, and being a fiery leader.  IMO he's going to be a very legit consideration for the Bengals at pick #21 unless they've already committed to Burfict in the middle.  IMO they are going to wait until post free agency and draft to make that call.  It would be nice to drop 2-3 spots and get a 4th rounder too, but Te'o at #21 wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

I wouldn't mind any, if not all, of these 3 guys come draft day.

DE Damontre Moore- he might actually be the most overrated prospect I've looked at in this entire draft...I think the people that are mocking this guy into their top 10 will be in for a very rude awakening by the time April 25th rolls around....I'll be flat out shocked if he even gets into the first round period, let alone the top 10.....I might take him in the late second and make him an OLB but even then I'd take his teammate Porter first.

I'll stand by my comments here ^ .....if Moore gets into the first rd I'll be SHOCKED.

12 reps on the bench, really? Cmon man!

liking what I'm seeing from DB Sanders Commings so far.  Against Tennessee, he only gave up two receptions to Hunter.  None to Patterson, and had two interceptions (one while on Patterson). Played both outside and in the slot.

Ran a 4.41 today. 6' 216lbs.

Won't be a #1 corner, but could be a #2 or #3.  Also another guy who I think could make a good safety.

The playlist for today:

S Shamarko Thomas:  Interesting guy.  Reminds me of Reggie Nelson.  He's a little better in coverage than Nelson, but Nelson is a surer tackler.  Thomas at times played too fast for his own good and would take himself out of plays.  Syracuse interchanged him at the safety spots, but it seems he was mainly a FS guy like Nelson. 

LB Kenny Tate:  still really like this guy.  Former First-Team ACC safety who they moved to LB his junior year.  Still routinely covers guys in the slot and they even had him put his hand down at times as a DE.  Rushed regularly as a LB too.  Basically a joker role.  Have no idea why he wasn't at the combine.  Watched some of his tape as a safety, and have no idea why Maryland moved him.  He could have been an All-American at safety IMO.  Wasn't as explosive after adding weight to play LB.  Can do better at shedding OL blocks. Wouldn't surprise me if a team got him back down to 6'4" 220 and moved him back to safety.  

WR Cobi Hamilton:  Still think he continues to be a guy the Bengals will target.  Versatile guy who will get taken around where they'll likely be looking for WR depth (3rd round).  Ran a 4.56 40 at 6'2" 212lbs.  Can play every WR position, which Gruden is big on.

CB Jamar Taylor:  Wow, I really like this kid.  It's not often I can say this with any certainty, but this kids gonna be a starter in the NFL, and a good one. A team is going to get a steal in him. The best corner I've watched this year.

RB Onterrio McCalebb:  he's gonna find a home somewhere.  Won't go high since he's only 168lbs, but he'll probably be a 4th rounder.  Dexter McCluster was only 172lbs but went in the 2nd round. I think McCluster was even like 164 at the Senior Bowl  He was a little more compact though. Someone will take him in the 4th as a KR. What may hurt him more than his size, is that he's not a good catcher of the football, which is a must for a little guy.

RB George Winn:  Reminds me of Green-Ellis.  Solid and dependable, but doesn't do anything great.  Likely a late round/UDFA guy.

LB Khaseem Greene:  His speed still concerns me.  He's not slow, but for a likely WLB he's not fast.

I absolutely love Shamarko Thomas but I don't think I'd draft him. He just seems like the kind of guy that'll knock himself out of the league within a few years, he's already had 3-4 concussions I believe and he has no fear whatsoever of throwing his body around. 

freakin LOVE Jamar Taylor....think he's a real possibility at 21, he's probably the most physical corner in this draft, seems like a perfect Zimmer guy..

Burfict is quick, but I also thought he was horrible in coverage.  Gave up at least 4 TD's.

So definitely a guy you would want to take off the field on third down?  Unless you are letting him rush the passer.  Hmm..tough choice.  SAM backer doesn't play enough to warrant Burfict.  MLB may just be the answer.

Archived