My first shot at a Bengals Mock Draft 2013

[b]I spent about 25 minutes typing out all kinds of stuff for each player a few [/b]
[b]minutes ago and my power went out briefly and I lost all of it lol!! So this[/b]
[b]time I'm just going to throw out the names without the descriptions and [/b]
[b]career stats etc etc etc.....[/b]

[b]1st round: Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas[/b]
[b]2nd round (A): Barrett Jones, Center, Alabama[/b]
[b]2nd round (B): Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson[/b]
[b]3rd round: Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama[/b]

[b]Like I said earlier, I had all kinds of stats, weaknesses, strengths etc etc etc.,[/b]
[b]but I dont feel like re-typing all that crap right now lol. Might try again tomorrow [/b]
[b]afternoon. [/b]

[b]One thing I will mention right now though is I doubt Barrett Jones makes it to our[/b]
[b]2nd round pick although I think if he gets by Green Bay @ 26 he might......MIGHT!![/b]
[b]And even though it might sound or seem like a luxury pick, with his versatility,[/b]
[b]there's no way you could pass him up at #37 over all!! The guy had 49 [/b][b]career [/b][b]starts!! [/b]
[b]25 @ RG, 11 @ LT, and 13 @ Center!! Ditch Cook and his contract, plug in Jones[/b]
[b]for the next 10 years and have Robinson back up 2 positions, (Center and Guard).[/b]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1359469400' post='1211628']
And this whole drafting a center issue is blowing out of all proportion.
[/quote]

even when healthy Kyle Cook is still the fourth best C in the division....if you really wanna overtake Balt and Pitt, that's gonna have to change at some point.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1359469400' post='1211628']
NIco Johnson is not a good fit for what we want imo. And this whole drafting a center issue is blowing out of all proportion. Cook will get back to full health and Robinson will be one year better and hopefully get the starting gig. Are you a 'Bama fan by any chance?
[/quote]

Nope, Ohio State.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1359470485' post='1211631']

even when healthy Kyle Cook is still the fourth best C in the division....if you really wanna overtake Balt and Pitt, that's gonna have to change at some point.
[/quote]

I agree. You can say these two guys are serviceable, but IMO a good O starts with the Oline, and it starts from the inside out. I just noticed that Travis Fredricks, C from Wisconsin declared. He's massive (6-4, 338), and extremely talented. Zeitler will be able to tell us all we need to know. One thing's for sure, Ricky Wagner stunk it up after he left, and Fredricks was considered the anchor of that line this year. He probably won't last to the third round (NFL.com and NFLdraftScout have him at 60 and 75. He's played a lot of G, so he has the versatility we like at the position.

Being a realist, I don't see Alexander/Marvin/MB making the switch, but it seems to me the most important step - along with finding a dependable #2 RW to take some heat off Green, to get this offense humming (yes, I still believe RB is #3 after those two. Can't go anywhere without a line...)

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1359495691' post='1211786']
One of the NFL writers (I don't remember which) recently rated Cook as a Red and then Blue Chip Center. Which puts him in the top 10 and 5 in the league respectively. He was a former GM if I remember correctly.
[/quote]

MIchael Lombardi, the new GM of the Browns.

Archived