Who are your top 3 to 5 guys at 21?

Jason

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1359738560' post='1212504']
I feel like he's a Rey clone. A little better version.
[/quote]

He definitely looked like Rey when he had to go up against Bama. Makes me wonder if that's his ceiling at the next level. Let's not forget that once upon a time, Rey was considered a great college LB also.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1359822093' post='1212668']

Check out Dennis Johnson from Arkansas, #33. He reminds me a lot of Doug Martin.
[/quote]

Maybe it's my phone but I'm having trouble finding a good video. I saw where he trucked a Ms St guy. I didn't like how he geared down and did it like he made his mind up 6-7 yards away. Maybe I'm being picky. To me a more natural player would do it instinctually and that didn't look instinctual to me. Martin runs full go up field and makes his moves when he has to - doesn't look like he's thinking about it.

Just one play though. I need to get home and find a better vid

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1359827547' post='1212684']
Maybe it's my phone but I'm having trouble finding a good video. I saw where he trucked a Ms St guy. I didn't like how he geared down and did it like he made his mind up 6-7 yards away. Maybe I'm being picky. To me a more natural player would do it instinctually and that didn't look instinctual to me. Martin runs full go up field and makes his moves when he has to - doesn't look like he's thinking about it.

Just one play though. I need to get home and find a better vid
[/quote]

here's one from 2011 when he was the starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGUuKQBzERw

I caught about 20 minutes of a skills competition on ESPN2 where a number of draft prospects were competing at Jerry World ... Obstacle course, kicking competition, strength test, etc. I know it's underwear Olympics, but it was still interesting.

They are re-showing it this afternoon... 4:30p EST, I believe. Some big names there - Gio Bernard, Khassem Greene, DaMontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Alec Ogletree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Kenny Vaccaro, TJ McDonald, Alex Okafor, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib and others.

A few things I noticed:

Ogletree is a really fluid athlete - for a 240 pound guy, extremely impressive. And he looks thin at his weight, like he could carry another 10 pounds. Change of direction was almost effortless. Former safety.

Bernard is a competitor! One of those guys with confidence but didn't seem cocky. Agile guy who is big in the lower body... like a Rice body type, but I think a little taller. Always talking, but not in a Chad way.

Greene looks fluid, too, and he's competitive. Moves well.

Patterson is big in the upper body... he's got some guns. Thought he half-assed the last competition, but it might be that he looks so smooth he doesn't look he's going full speed.

DaMontre Moore can really move for a big guy.

Kenny Vaccaro is big, and he's smooth. Changes direction well.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1359896284' post='1212758']
I caught about 20 minutes of a skills competition on ESPN2 where a number of draft prospects were competing at Jerry World ... Obstacle course, kicking competition, strength test, etc. I know it's underwear Olympics, but it was still interesting.

They are re-showing it this afternoon... 4:30p EST, I believe. Some big names there - Gio Bernard, Khassem Greene, DaMontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Alec Ogletree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Kenny Vaccaro, TJ McDonald, Alex Okafor, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib and others.

A few things I noticed:

Ogletree is a really fluid athlete - for a 240 pound guy, extremely impressive. And he looks thin at his weight, like he could carry another 10 pounds. Change of direction was almost effortless. Former safety.

Bernard is a competitor! One of those guys with confidence but didn't seem cocky. Agile guy who is big in the lower body... like a Rice body type, but I think a little taller. Always talking, but not in a Chad way.

Greene looks fluid, too, and he's competitive. Moves well.

Patterson is big in the upper body... he's got some guns. Thought he half-assed the last competition, but it might be that he looks so smooth he doesn't look he's going full speed.

DaMontre Moore can really move for a big guy.

Kenny Vaccaro is big, and he's smooth. Changes direction well.
[/quote]

Will have to try and catch this, thanks.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1359896284' post='1212758']

[b]Kenny Vaccaro is big, and he's smooth. Changes direction well.[/b]
[/quote]

yeah I caught some of that also...I thought it was going to be pretty ignorant when I first turned it on but after i watched it for awhile it turned out to be pretty cool to see.

I thought the same thing about Vaccaro when I saw him also....without pads on at least he's actually a lot smoother than I've ever given him credit for....should be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up in Indianapolis.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512696-2013-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-all-7-rounds-after-the-super-bowl/page/22

[quote]The Pick: OLB Alec Ogletree, Georgia

Getting better on defense will be the focal point of the draft for the Cincinnati Bengals—that and adding a running back. Looking at the class from a best player available mentality, it's easy to see Alec Ogletree being the pick as an outside linebacker in the Bengals' scheme.

Ogletree, who played middle linebacker at Georgia, has the athletic ability to slide outside and play in space. With his quickness and range, Alec can easily transition to the weakside, where he isn't asked to take on blockers head-on, but can work in pursuit and in pass coverage.[/quote]

two players that I really didn't have much interest in a month or two ago, Ogletree and Keenan Allen, are really starting to grow on me now....I have a feeling that Ogletree slides into the top 20 though after he blows up the combine.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1360368734' post='1213597']
two players that I really didn't have much interest in a month or two ago, Ogletree and Keenan Allen, are really starting to grow on me now....I have a feeling that Ogletree slides into the top 20 though after he blows up the combine.
[/quote]

Ogletree has been growing on me too, but only because I don't think I'm going to get most of the picks that I think are worth #21 at that spot, and I'm forced to rationalize a choice for a position of need. My rationalization goes something like this: He was a former safety and as the "chase" WSLB he's mainly going to be pursuing and in coverage - instead of firing toward the line of scrimmage (his weakness), so he might fit.

Archived