Chris Dorner (snapped former LAPD guy)

T-Dub

I'm not making any claims about race when it comes to the issues he had with the LAPD. I think it's ridiculous to use race to claim that's why he was killed vs captured. Once you kill a cop, I don't think race matters to the other cops hunting you down.

You're not making claims I am. But don't tell me how I should feel about the situation because race was involved. Until you experience being on the other side of that race card, you have no idea what it's like.

And I think it's ridiculous that you don't see how race was involved in this at all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rGHqmGAvsQ[/media]

I'm not sure it can be any clearer on what the intentions were.

yeah, after seeing that it's pretty clear.

At what point are cops given a shoot to kill order? He already killed a deputy hours prior that who was trying to capture him. How many more lives do you risk?

You're not making claims I am. But don't tell me how I should feel about the situation because race was involved. Until you experience being on the other side of that race card, you have no idea what it's like.

And I think it's ridiculous that you don't see how race was involved in this at all.

I think race was fully involved in his issues with the LAPD but I don't think it had anything to do with him being killed vs captured. I'm not trying to tell you how to feel about it, just stating my opinion. If you can show me that he tried to surrender, I might believe your claim.

I sincerely hope you're not equating what the Palestinians go through in the West Bank and Gaza with what happened here.

My guess is that his only experience with things like this as an American are vicarious. And that his claims that he's been "on the other side of racism" relate more to his being a Palestinian and what his family members possibly go through as residents of those Israeli-controlled areas and not as a well to do member of an American family that owns a restaurant that affords him (and them) the freedom to make good money and for him to post about his Lexus, HDTV's, etc. 

Rumble is an American. I love him as such. He knows and has seen what the differences are between this country and his home country, and he has embraced this one. I haven't yet seen him complain of people mistreating him here. 

The fact of the matter is that I don't give a shit what color your skin is, you are judged by your character ONLY, and if you are a resident of this country than you are an American FIRST. People are of course allowed to say whatever they want, and Rumble has clearly aligned himself in terms of Palestine in things he has said....but that doesn't make the Israeli argument coming from a Jewish American any less compelling, if one were posting here. BOTH sides have compelling arguments and NEITHER side is totally right.

I may be guilty here  of grabbing a pass to myself that nobody threw to me and running with it, but there ya go.

LMAO

Really, bung? My guess is his reference frame is based on what happens here. My guess is he's been called a sand nigger a time or two.

Really, bung? My guess is his reference frame is based on what happens here. My guess is he's been called a sand nigger a time or two.

I have, and a few others that I'm sure you know.

My guess is that his only experience with things like this as an American are vicarious. And that his claims that he's been "on the other side of racism" relate more to his being a Palestinian and what his family members possibly go through as residents of those Israeli-controlled areas and not as a well to do member of an American family that owns a restaurant that affords him (and them) the freedom to make good money and for him to post about his Lexus, HDTV's, etc. 

Rumble is an American. I love him as such. He knows and has seen what the differences are between this country and his home country, and he has embraced this one. I haven't yet seen him complain of people mistreating him here. 

The fact of the matter is that I don't give a shit what color your skin is, you are judged by your character ONLY, and if you are a resident of this country than you are an American FIRST. People are of course allowed to say whatever they want, and Rumble has clearly aligned himself in terms of Palestine in things he has said....but that doesn't make the Israeli argument coming from a Jewish American any less compelling, if one were posting here. BOTH sides have compelling arguments and NEITHER side is totally right.

I may be guilty here  of grabbing a pass to myself that nobody threw to me and running with it, but there ya go.

I dealt with both bung. The fact of being a middle eastern person especially after 9/11. Ever since we became the culture to hate the most. Most ignorant people hate our religion, and race.

I have, and a few others that I'm sure you know.

I dealt with both bung. The fact of being a middle eastern person especially after 9/11. Ever since we became the culture to hate the most. Most ignorant people hate our religion, and race.

I have still not received an invite for mansaf or sumaghiyyeh, and until I do, I will keep my eye on you. I would love to sit and eat traditional dishes with you and your family. I can only hope that due to the restaurant business that it won't consist of bread chunks fried in cheese fondue with Lavish to wash it down. I want the real thing. How about some maqluba?  Turn me on!

Anyway, what I want to say is this: there is no better way to breach the cultural gap between races, countries, whatever than to sit down with them and eat their food the way they eat it. Talk to the people you are eating with and share a meal. It is universal, and I demand from Rumble that he arrange something for me. I will be your Anthony Bourdain!

:lol:

Amir fed you and you still hate him :lol:

Not true! And plus that food was made by his white devil ex-wife! (It was really good though). Why would I hate Amir? He's a good practicing Muslim that drinks beer and visits Amsterdam with BengalMigration! I heard they LOVED the coffee...

I sincerely hope you're not equating what the Palestinians go through in the West Bank and Gaza with what happened here.

WTF Bung, hahaha.  Glad you redeemed yourself later on.  And why do you hate me? 

Not true! And plus that food was made by his white devil ex-wife! (It was really good though). Why would I hate Amir? He's a good practicing Muslim that drinks beer and visits Amsterdam with BengalMigration! I heard they LOVED the coffee...

Hey, I do not drink beer.  I do visit Amsterdam though and hanging out with BengalMigration was awesome, but we consumed zero alcohol.  Or pork.  Don't ask about other things.  Especially the coffee.  

Anyway, what I want to say is this: there is no better way to breach the cultural gap between races, countries, whatever than to sit down with them and eat their food the way they eat it. Talk to the people you are eating with and share a meal. It is universal...

I agree.  Did that in Singapore.  Need Bengal Migration to confirm what exactly it was I ate off of a Banana leaf.  Pulled in there during the 80's as what was supposed to be an Around the World cruise (interrupted by Libya).  They showed me their town and I showed them our ship which at the time was an aircraft carrier.  My best friend which was married introduced me to them and left me hanging which turned out to not be a bad thing.  All of this during Christmas / New Years timeframe.   Immersion in the culture can be a very rewarding experience.

I would advise against cultural bonding in Egypt.  Went there twice and got sick twice.  Probably the water or something.

A close second to Singapore was Romania in the 90's.  The Vodka is cheaper than the water or so it seemed.  Assisted with the rebuilding of an children's wing of a local hospital.  The nurses provided homemade bread and some very high caffeine version of tea (almost like red bull type strong) to us workers.  The nurses were also a wealth of information for people wanting to get in some great shopping and great food.  Later the kids at one of the schools put on a show of traditional dance. 

Went to a lot of different countries but those stood out to me.

In other words, a variety of cultures and religions can get along.  The only secret is food...

I don't know about "only" but it sure helps. Imagine if every Chinese restaurant served cha siu bao.  :685:

I was only semi serious about food being a secret.  I don't know about only either but it seems like when everything else has already been tried then what remains must be some sort of secret...  Communication around the dinner table seems to work on building unity within the family. 

I mean, if Rumble and Bunghole can get along over the conversation of food then I think we solved the Palestinian / Jewish relations problem...  Now if we could get the Israeli's to quit turning the water off...  Perhaps a different tactic...

Can I get cha siu bao  fried ?  That looks real good.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived